Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just really expecting Murray to make something like $100M/4 after this year. Folks talk about how cap room isn't all it's cracked up to be, but they'll need space just to keep more than two of these guys together. Imagine paying $24 Million to Murray, $9 Million to Poeltl, $20 Million to White and so on. DeRozan for two years and then nothing really makes a lot of sense given the transition the roster is going for. The team didn't sign all these two-years deals for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, another framework type deal to test your threshold/mindset Chinook:

DET Gives: Sekou + 1st + Reggie Jackson + Galloway
    DET Gets: DeRozan + 2nd

CHA Gives: Batum + 1st
    CHA Gets: Beli + Reggie + Galloway

SA Gives: DeRozan + Beli + 2nd
    SA Gets: Sekou + Batum + 2 1sts

Yay or Nay (and yes I am aware Sekou can’t be moved until DEC)
    Last edited by DPG21920; 07-16-2019 at 12:17 AM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    looking forward to OP's third thread about another player possibly getting traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just really expecting Murray to make something like $100M/4 after this year. Folks talk about how cap room isn't all it's cracked up to be, but they'll need space just to keep more than two of these guys together. Imagine paying $24 Million to Murray, $9 Million to Poeltl, $20 Million to White and so on. DeRozan for two years and then nothing really makes a lot of sense given the transition the roster is going for. The team didn't sign all these two-years deals for nothing.
    lol what?! You expect Murray to make 25 millions per year?

I hope that's the case, tbh. It would mean he became an all-star.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder WTF is wrong with people so much nowadays...

The Spurs aren't trading DeRozan. You don't have to move everyone just because they are (or rather might be) expiring. You can let guys go or keep your options open. At what point do you no longer care if a guy walks? They didn't "get something" for Anderson or Parker. There's a very good chance they don't even try to "get something" for Aldridge. Guys can walk for nothing. It's okay. The whole point of DeRozan was to bridge the previous and future eras. He's doing that job well. He wasn't brought in to be a mainstay for a decade. He can play out this year and potentially next, and then the two sides can part ways feeling like they both got what they wanted.
    When is the opt out on Demar's contract? Is it after this upcoming season? If so, why wouldn't he opt out after not getting an extension? I assume he would as this free agent class is weak and it might be the best chance he gets to maximize his dollars on his next contract. I doubt he stays here for two years if the opt out is after this upcoming season.

I agree what you said about the other stuff, though, just not sure that he doesn't opt out after this upcoming season if that is when his opt out is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When is the opt out on Demar's contract? Is it after this upcoming season? If so, why wouldn't he opt out after not getting an extension? I assume he would as this free agent class is weak and it might be the best chance he gets to maximize his dollars on his next contract. I doubt he stays here for two years if the opt out is after this upcoming season.

I agree what you said about the other stuff, though, just not sure that he doesn't opt out after this upcoming season if that is when his opt out is.
    It’s next season; So DeRozan is under contract this 19/20 season, then has a player option in what would be the last year of his deal in 20/21

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Late first round pick with no shot getting 100mil sounds like something the Spurs would do tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A DeMar for Otto Porter Jr. Swap makes sense for both teams.... Bulls would receive a player that can definitely get them in the playoffs next season. The spurs get a young forward in his prime that they desperately need. Can also shoot the three. I’d love Otto in a spurs uniform.... but you’d have to bet on one of Derrick, Dejounte, or Lonnie making a HUGE stride next season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Aldridge and extended roles to White and Walker. Otto Porter can hit the open 3 too. Murray, supposedly, worked hard on his game too. Then you have guys like Mills, Forbes, Belinelli, and, especially, Gay coming off the bench.

The closing lineup would probably look something like White, Walker, Otto Porter, Gay and Aldridge.

Aldridge is your go to guy on the post.
    Gay can do work on the post and or isolation.
    White and Walker work the pick and roll.
    Porter provides spacing.

On paper, that's a better, much more ballanced lineup than anything involving DeRozan; where he's pretty much useless anytime he doesn't have the ball.
    I don't even care for DeRozan but your arguments about him are so ridiculous I feel as if I have to defend him.

Aldridge is going to start taking a dip in production and minutes and if he were to get injured and miss some games the offense would definitely suck. He's not going to be able keep playing at the same level much longer and that's why I would like to see the Spurs make a move and add a player to what we already have and try to win now and if we don't win then you let him walk.

Gay like Aldridge will have a minutes reduction and who knows how many games he'll play in next season. That achilles injury is going to start having affects on his game with his age and might be the the reason why he played so horrible in the playoffs.

I like Murray but he hasn't shown that he's anything more than a good defensive point guard. Supposedly working on offensive game doesn't equal NBA scoring.

White is another player I like and I agree he should have a extended role based on what he did at the NBA level last season. Still need to see more of him, sample size is still small. He would definitely have to average same amount or more minutes as Aldridge did last season because he would be the only player on the team capable of passing.

Forbes still needs to show he can score consistently, Don't see him getting a whole lot better.

The fact that you added in Mills and Beli is a joke.

Where did Walker get this top notch pick n roll game? All I've seen him do is run down court and chunk shots. 4 freaking ass. In the summer league and shot 30% from 3 Just because you think he's going to be good don't mean he is. Just like Bertans being in the starting line up going to make the spurs a much better team?

As for Porter, trading DeRozan for him ain't going to make the Spurs better than what they already are. Now if you add someone like him to what we already have it could make a big difference.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not really a fan of Sekou Smith, and I don't know why the Spurs would want their own pet sportswriter.

I'm not a believer in Sekou Doumbouya either. Batum +2 firsts is pretty tempting, and Project Doumbouya is a little bonus. The Spurs get better defensively and eliminate some of the logjam for the young guys. Batum has the same contract - this year plus a player option next year. But the two picks are long-term value.

I didn't keep up with Charlotte or Batum last season. He played good minutes, but his Per 36 numbers went to . His 3P% was way up, but he shot them about half as often. I'd do that deal, but I do wonder what happened to his offense last season.

I'm just really expecting Murray to make something like $100M/4 after this year.
    You're planning on him having one of a season. For the Spurs' sake, I hope you're right. 4/$100M would pretty much put him up on the first page of league salaries. If he's getting that kind of recognition by the end of the season, the Spurs will be in the top half of the West playoff bracket.

If the whole league perceived him as a $25M/yr player, he would make one of a trade piece. DeRozan + The $100 Million Man ought to be enough to get an All Star at the deadline. DeRozan + Murray for Devin Booker? (Not an AS yet, I know.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even care for DeRozan but your arguments about him are so ridiculous I feel as if I have to defend him.

Aldridge is going to start taking a dip in production and minutes and if he were to get injured and miss some games the offense would definitely suck. He's not going to be able keep playing at the same level much longer and that's why I would like to see the Spurs make a move and add a player to what we already have and try to win now and if we don't win then you let him walk.

Gay like Aldridge will have a minutes reduction and who knows how many games he'll play in next season. That achilles injury is going to start having affects on his game with his age and might be the the reason why he played so horrible in the playoffs.

I like Murray but he hasn't shown that he's anything more than a good defensive point guard. Supposedly working on offensive game doesn't equal NBA scoring.

White is another player I like and I agree he should have a extended role based on what he did at the NBA level last season. Still need to see more of him, sample size is still small. He would definitely have to average same amount or more minutes as Aldridge did last season because he would be the only player on the team capable of passing.

Forbes still needs to show he can score consistently, Don't see him getting a whole lot better.

The fact that you added in Mills and Beli is a joke.

Where did Walker get this top notch pick n roll game? All I've seen him do is run down court and chunk shots. 4 freaking ass. In the summer league and shot 30% from 3 Just because you think he's going to be good don't mean he is. Just like Bertans being in the starting line up going to make the spurs a much better team?

As for Porter, trading DeRozan for him ain't going to make the Spurs better than what they already are. Now if you add someone like him to what we already have it could make a big difference.
    Way too long of a response, and I'm already getting bored of the topic.

At the end of the day, it comes down to how each one sees DeRozan. To me DeRozan is an extremely flawed player that really doesn't move the needle much, if at all. There are years and years of data to support this point. So I think that trading him for a 3 and D player and letting the young guys take a step forward wouldn't hurt or compe iveness one bit. With the added bonus that said trade would also provide us with building blocks for the future. That's why I think it should be a no brainer to trade DeRozan if such a trade presents itself.

You apparently don't think that way. It's cool, I'm not going to change your mind. One thing is for sure, though, if Aldridge and Gay start declining, we are ed either way, because DeRozan isn't the kind of player that could make up for such a drop of production.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is DeRozan going to pressure the front office to finally do something sensible and trade his ass? Once again, they waited too long to pull the trigger. These dudes never learn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan will never win a le. His game doesn't work in the modern NBA. He needs to go unless contending isn't the goal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A DeMar for Otto Porter Jr. Swap makes sense for both teams.... Bulls would receive a player that can definitely get them in the playoffs next season. The spurs get a young forward in his prime that they desperately need. Can also shoot the three. I’d love Otto in a spurs uniform.... but you’d have to bet on one of Derrick, Dejounte, or Lonnie making a HUGE stride next season.
    Someone once said that the difference between Otto Porter Jr. and Kawhi is that Kawhi was drafted by the Spurs. I can't remember who said it or where I read that, but if that person is somewhat correct (the ship has probably sailed for him to ever be as good as Kawhi now), I'd like to see what the Spurs can do with him.

Thanks for answering the opt. out question DPG. Do you think Demar opts out after next season if he isn't traded?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think Demar opts out after next season if he isn't traded?

By the end of the season DeRozan showed signs of playing more and better defense than we'd seen from him before. If he continues with that, and if he can keep his on-court emotions from hurting the team, he'll be sought after - but he'll still be a guy in the New NBA who can't shoot the 3 for . If he doesn't, I don't think other teams will be lining up to pay him more than his current contract. Personally, I'd put it at about 85% likely that he opts in to that option year. Unless he gets his feelings hurt that the Spurs aren't extending him, I think he's here two more years.

BTW - nobody much has commented on the fact that his Points and FTA's were down quite a bit, but he put up more AST's and RB's than he ever has in his career. That's Spurs ball having an effect on him. I still have some hope that he may continue the transition this season and be worth keeping (at the right price).

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs need to take on a bad contract for DDR and try to get 2 first rounders.
    DDR probably won't stay in SA anyways and Spurs aren't going to land any big free agents next summer, so just use up the cap space and get some picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs go full youth movement I won't be upset. Get a bunch of picks. But sucks that I just bought that DeRozan jersey beginning of last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, another framework type deal to test your threshold/mindset Chinook:

DET Gives: Sekou + 1st + Reggie Jackson + Galloway
    DET Gets: DeRozan + 2nd

CHA Gives: Batum + 1st
    CHA Gets: Beli + Reggie + Galloway

SA Gives: DeRozan + Beli + 2nd

Yay or Nay (and yes I am aware Sekou can’t be moved until DEC)
    What a terrible trade for us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys You make me smile

DDR for Siakam???
    one year ago: DDR had higher value and same time Siakam lower then today and Pop had no chance to do it.
    How can You propose Siakam DDR today ???

DDR vs Dipo and Sabonis ( together? Bravo!)
    indiana never ever make a Trade Dipo plus bad filler for DDR or Sabonis plus bad contract for DDR and Ur proposal is adding both assets
    no understanding for Indiana’s perspective

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we throw DDR and a pick for Bradley Beal??

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DD's Stats first year as a Spur:
    YEAR TEAM GP GS MIN PTS FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TOV PF +/-
    2018 SAS 77 77 2688 1635 631 1313 48.1 7 45 15.6 366 441 83 54 408 462 475 86 36 199 177 10
    With a PER of 19.6

I know stats aren't everything but he is still legit. He is smart and willing to get better. I believe he will be better. Heck, the guy wanted to stay in Toronto because he has loyalty, that's not something these stars have these days. Am I missing something here? I like his game and his willingness to get better after a full year with Pop.
    Remember, old habits die hard. A lot of you guys are saying, give Luka time and Pop will make him better. Why not use that same logic with this guy?

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YEAR TEAM GP GS MIN PTS FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TOV PF +/-
    2018 SAS 77 77 2688 1635 631 1313 48.1 7 45 15.6 366 441 83 54 408 462 475 86 36 199 177 10
    With a PER of 19.6

I know stats aren't everything but he is still legit. He is smart and willing to get better. I believe he will be better. Heck, the guy wanted to stay in Toronto because he has loyalty, that's not something these stars have these days. Am I missing something here? I like his game and his willingness to get better after a full year with Pop.
    Remember, old habits die hard. A lot of you guys are saying, give Luka time and Pop will make him better. Why not use that same logic with this guy?
    if you're using the cliche 'old habits die hard', I give you 'You can't teach an old dog new tricks'.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have a proven than a maybe. Spurs already have to many maybes. Last time we seen Murray he was playing 20 minutes a game and had no offense, Walker hasn't shown anything other than he can chunk shots in the summer league. Doubtful Forbes gets whole lot better.
    Agree, let's get Beal -a proven.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With a PER of 19.6

Show me the stats for piss poor at ude, for turnover on the last possession, for long fadeaways with zero chance of hitting, for his defender double covering LMA with zero risk of an open 3pt, etc etc....The guy is a net negative and costed the Spurs several games last season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about demar + belli + 2 1st round picks for porter and markanen

Thread Information