Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Out of the World
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm currently in France at my company's HQ and a colleague told me that it's almost certain that Tariq Abdul Wahad is gonna sign with the Spurs very soon...

I told him that's not possible as the Spurs are already over the cap and are not likely to spend much but he replied that it's only for a 10-day trial.

I haven't been following TAW but according to my colleague he's been 'injured' for a long time because the Mavs don't wanna play him.

The guy said he'll send me some sources soon...

I thought it was a hoax until I read today's report of Spurs vs NO and saw that PJ Carlesimo took over because POP WENT TO DALLAS!!

Coincidence?

Kori, Have you heard anything like that or can I tell him to shut up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please God, No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um, is TAW still under contract with the Mavs? If so, maybe the Mavs decided that getting a serviceable center for nothing might not be a bad idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. He used to be a pretty good defender. If he can still defend well, he's actually a guy I wouldn't mind having on the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm currently in France at my company's HQ and a colleague told me that it's almost certain that Tariq Abdul Wahad is gonna sign with the Spurs very soon...

I told him that's not possible as the Spurs are already over the cap and are not likely to spend much but he replied that it's only for a 10-day trial.

I haven't been following TAW but according to my colleague he's been 'injured' for a long time because the Mavs don't wanna play him.

The guy said he'll send me some sources soon...

I thought it was a hoax until I read today's report of Spurs vs NO and saw that PJ Carlesimo took over because POP WENT TO DALLAS!!

Coincidence?

Kori, Have you heard anything like that or can I tell him to shut up?

you work with Clandestino?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, if this is for real, it means the Spurs found a taker for Radoslav's contract....or that Nellie invited Pop over for dinner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA.com says he is. I guess that settles that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The plot thickens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, if this is for real, it means the Spurs found a taker for Radoslav's contract....or that Nellie invited Pop over for dinner.

If TAW is coming to the Spurs, that means Rasho is going to Dallas. But I haven't heard anything of the sort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This summer the Spurs tried to trade Rasho for him. But I haven't heard any Tariq news lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There was a report that Pop was denying shopping Rasho earlier this week. You know what that means, Rasho is gone.

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sound you just heard was Angel_luv's heart breaking...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No wonder Nellie was in the VI!!!

He was scouting! Bas !

Fly Rasho,fly with the Mavs.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or the Mavs are just waiving him and the Spurs want to work him out.
    And before anybody asks, Tariq Abdul-Wahad will be a former Maverick by the end of the month, too. Owner Mark Cuban, irked by Abdul-Wahad’s unwillingness to play ball on a buyout situation, will wait until the last minute before waiving the swingman who hasn’t played since 2002-03.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsl....c013ad67.html

I'll believe anything at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs would trade Rasho for a guy who hasn't seen the court in two years?

Out of the World
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got the link, but it doesn't say much... and it ends with a question mark.

They didn't reveal their sources but sports.fr is usually quite a reliable site as it's analogous to espn.com for the english speaking countries.

http://www.sports.fr/fr/cmc/scanner/...ews_77764.html

Essentially, it says that they tried to trade rasho for TAW but that the deal fell through. However, since he's gonna be waived soon, that the spurs are thinking of trying him out.

Dunno where all the other stuff he told me came from though (about 10 day contract etc...). I asked him for more info

Considering it's Holt's money that the spurs are spending, it probably means good bye to one or two out of Sanders, Ford and Graham...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs would trade Rasho for a guy who hasn't seen the court in two years?
    The Spurs would trade Rasho for any human who matches his salary cap number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just had a thought... Why doesn't some NBA team sign me for one year at whatever Rasho is scheduled to make, then trade me to the Spurs for Rasho?

Everybody wins!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Human?!?!? I'd trade Rasho for the dog "Air Bud"!

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just had a thought... Why doesn't some NBA team sign me for one year at whatever Rasho is scheduled to make, then trade me to the Spurs for Rasho?

Everybody wins!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless we threw in Beno or someone else, Holt would actually pay more tax this season after such a trade. It does cut off two years total, however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Everybody wins!
    Hey now. Let's be realistic.

The Spurs would have to add a draft pick to make that trade fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless we threw in Beno or someone else, Holt would actually pay more tax this season after such a trade. It does cut off two years total, however.
    Supposedly TAW has a buyout built into his contract that is about 50% of the value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly TAW has a buyout built into his contract that is about 50% of the value.
    You think it would've happened by now. The link from Sefko mentions that TAW hasn't responded to any buyout requests -- but anything is possible. I figure they should've been able to file for a medical retirement by now.

Thread Information