Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll have to give this some thought, but I don't even have him as the best player on his own team at this point.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "Now" as in "now that he is a Laker?"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Now" as in "now that he is a Laker?"
    It's a conspiracy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaRoids is still best player on LAL only because DaQuiter is made of glass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s still #2 after dad killer, IMO. He’s just at a different stage in his career at this point.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    He’s still #2 after dad killer, IMO. He’s just at a different stage in his career at this point.
    At the current pace he'll never get from under Kobe's shadow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'll admit I haven't been keeping up with the NBA as much as in previous years, but I'm surprised everyone has Lebron (and even Giannis and Harden) over Kawhi as the best player in the World. Who the cares about that load management garbage during the regular season? When playoffs come around, who is the one guy you would rather have in your team? Kawhi, the guy that hasn't lost a playoffs series in 4 years, is the no brainer answer to me, tbh. And that makes you the best player in the World, imho.

Banned
    My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count
    No wing will ever pass Dad Killer at this point.
    I swept that guy twice in a row. Ya'll take your fake news too seriously.

Even my teammates feared a guy ya'll don't ever talk about more than that over-hyped prima donna.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swept that guy twice in a row. Ya'll take your fake news too seriously.

Even my teammates feared a guy ya'll don't ever talk about more than that over-hyped prima donna.

You called the "over-hyped prima donna" God, tbh.

Banned
    My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count
    You called the "over-hyped prima donna" God, tbh.
    You think som after-game hyperbole outranks two sweeps? GTFO

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    DK at #1

LeBron, Duncan, Kareem are all better than him, and Kawhi probably will be too once it's all said and done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DK at #1

LeBron, Duncan, Kareem are all better than him, and Kawhi probably will be too once it's all said and done.
    Not a fan of DK, but not really debatable at this stage. Unfortunately Kawhi would have to win twice as many rings to outrank him, tbh, considering he has zero swag and marketability...

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    "Rise of Skywalker is the #1 Star Wars film"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'll admit I haven't been keeping up with the NBA as much as in previous years, but I'm surprised everyone has Lebron (and even Giannis and Harden) over Kawhi as the best player in the World. Who the cares about that load management garbage during the regular season? When playoffs come around, who is the one guy you would rather have in your team? Kawhi, the guy that hasn't lost a playoffs series in 4 years, is the no brainer answer to me, tbh. And that makes you the best player in the World, imho.
    Marketing Decision(s). How it's always been; or do you really think Michael Jordan is the undisputed GOAT?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Marketing Decision(s). How it's always been; or do you really think Michael Jordan is the undisputed GOAT?
    There is no definite when you are debating multiple seasons. I think Jordan has a stronger argument than Gretzky, Pele or Montana/Brady/Brown

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    DK has no argument over Gretzky at all. Gretzky had Wilt-level statistical dominance over his sport, won multiple championships, and single-handedly put hockey on the map in the furthest thing from a traditional hockey market (LA).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if undisputed, but Jordan has a more than strong case as the GOAT. Not only narratives, raw numbers and accolades are on his side, but also advanced metrics support his case as the GOAT.

Banned
    My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count
    There is no definite when you are debating multiple seasons. I think Jordan has a stronger argument than Gretzky, Pele or Montana/Brady/Brown
    GOATS don't lose to rivals 14x in a row, son. People like to excuse that the man was young and lacked surrounding talent; but the final game of the two sweeps, McHale, Walton, and others were out injured as I came back from 15 in the fourth to finish Jordan off on his home floor. , Fred ing Roberts was the starting 4 in that game. He was like the Lakers' version of Jeff Lamp (12th man).

Then when I was injured and the Pistons got their chance, what did Jordan do when he had the Pistons 2-1 in the 89 ECF and Game 4 on his home court? He choked. He did nothing in the toughest era; we all were there, son. Then boys like you going through puberty in the 90's got a hard-on for the man.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I still rank LeBron a top 3 player in the league. Not a great game by him last night, but consider he started the game 0-for-7 and after that went 9-for-17 with a near triple double. And that was a not so great game by him. Expectations of his performance are set pretty ridiculously high, and yet his season numbers are essentially identical to his previous 7 seasons, many of which when he was still considered in his “prime.”

I have Giannis head of him for sure. Couple other players like Kawhi and Luka may be better, but it’s more of a coin flip imo. I don’t rank Anthony Davis ahead of LeBron because I just don’t believe a big man can impact the game the same way a wing who dominates the action and decision-making can.

Questions about his durability at his age and with his mileage are legitimate. But when he does play, his production still ranks him at or near the top of the league for me personally. Still one of the handful of guys to be considered the best in the league.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still rank LeBron a top 3 player in the league.
    Based on playoffs with surrounding talent or overall? Because Lebron wasn't even good enough to make the playoffs last season.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if undisputed, but Jordan has a more than strong case as the GOAT. Not only narratives, raw numbers and accolades are on his side, but also advanced metrics support his case as the GOAT.
    Advance metrics are glorified measurements of ball hogging. If you go by those, it's Harden vs. Jordan for GOAT.
    With Doncic the heir apparent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still rank LeBron a top 3 player in the league. Not a great game by him last night, but consider he started the game 0-for-7 and after that went 9-for-17 with a near triple double. And that was a not so great game by him. Expectations of his performance are set pretty ridiculously high, and yet his season numbers are essentially identical to his previous 7 seasons, many of which when he was still considered in his “prime.”

I have Giannis head of him for sure. Couple other players like Kawhi and Luka may be better, but it’s more of a coin flip imo. I don’t rank Anthony Davis ahead of LeBron because I just don’t believe a big man can impact the game the same way a wing who dominates the action and decision-making can.

Questions about his durability at his age and with his mileage are legitimate. But when he does play, his production still ranks him at or near the top of the league for me personally. Still one of the handful of guys to be considered the best in the league.
    You really rank Giannis over Kawhi despite last years' playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Advance metrics are glorified measurements of ball hogging. If you go by those, it's Harden vs. Jordan for GOAT.
    With Doncic the heir apparent.
    It's actually the opposite, tbh.

And Harden is a regular season GOAT. Go check his playoffs advanced stats to get the whole picture.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually the opposite, tbh.

And Harden is a regular season GOAT. Go check his playoffs advanced stats to get the whole picture.
    If he was it would've been the Thunder and not the Warriors breaking the Bulls regular season wins record.

Thread Information