Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio Spurs
    Just because Jakob Poeltl played his way into Aldridge’s Spurs’ starting job doesn’t mean the seven-time All-Star’s time as an impact player has come to an end. Let’s not forget that he averaged 18.9 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.6 blocks per game as a starter just last season.

All indications are that his relocation will come via trade, as sources say interested GMs have been told that there are five teams firmly in the mix. Yet as is the case with so many other veterans on this list, the money makes it challenging for contenders to land him without losing roster depth in return. Aldridge is owed $24 million in this final season of his deal."

https://theathletic.com/2450395/2021....co/uQddl0OJDq

"Five teams" "firmly"

In before Mr. Body diminishes the meaning of these words
    If there are really 5 teams in the mix, then PATFO just might be able to get a team to part with a first for him.

Still a long shot, but this news seems to decrease the likelihood of a buyout and increases the chance of the Spurs getting an asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio Spurs
    Just because Jakob Poeltl played his way into Aldridge’s Spurs’ starting job doesn’t mean the seven-time All-Star’s time as an impact player has come to an end. Let’s not forget that he averaged 18.9 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.6 blocks per game as a starter just last season.

All indications are that his relocation will come via trade, as sources say interested GMs have been told that there are five teams firmly in the mix. Yet as is the case with so many other veterans on this list, the money makes it challenging for contenders to land him without losing roster depth in return. Aldridge is owed $24 million in this final season of his deal."

https://theathletic.com/2450395/2021....co/uQddl0OJDq

"Five teams" "firmly"

In before Mr. Body diminishes the meaning of these words
    Anything worth of interest in this link?

https://theathletic.com/2450600/?source=twitterhq

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really.

Same stuff for SA.

Minnesota + Portland are after Aaron Gordon

Hawks looking for wing players

Celtics after John Collins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trade them Rudy to get Zach Collins. Spurs immediately buy out LMA instead of trading him allowing Portland a chance of also getting LMA.

Last edited by Dverde; 03-15-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great point. For me no one is untouchable. Would hate to see DJ, Keldon go for me they are cornerstone pieces if we could add all star level talent. To a lesser extent would think White or Vassell are certainly in the ling term plans. Luka, Jak and Lonnie are my preferred exits of value.
    I agree that no one should be untouchable for the right deal....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty bad trade imo but the Dunc’d on podcast did a trade deadline preview and they do hypothetical trades in which they traded LMA and a spurs first round pick top 8 protected for Evan Fournier, Mo Bamba

They also had the spurs in a John Collins trade but they said the trade could only happen if the spurs traded either Keldon or Devin Vassell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics,heat and blazers are interested and waiting for lma to get bought out....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah there’s no chance we get Kelly Olynyk now, he’s been playing great lately

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Spurs won't get sh*t for him the teams that want him will just wait for him to get bought out instead of trade offers. If he gets bought out he's an idiot if he doesn't sign with Nets, Clippers or Lakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were never going to get a great haul for him. The thing is they have to look and see if they can get something they want knowing they can always buy him out. Trading him is not worth taking on extra salary unless the Spurs get a first round draft pick for it or a player they really want.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs won't get sh*t for him the teams that want him will just wait for him to get bought out instead of trade offers. If he gets bought out he's an idiot if he doesn't sign with Nets, Clippers or Lakers.
    What Clippers bro, they trash, only injuries can derail the inevitable Nets- Lakers finals. There is only three teams for LMA, Portland, LA, Brooklyn, that's it imo. I really like how Utah plays but we all know what will happen when its time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Clippers bro, they trash, only injuries can derail the inevitable Nets- Lakers finals. There is only three teams for LMA, Portland, LA, Brooklyn, that's it imo. I really like how Utah plays but we all know what will happen when its time.
    I actually think that's why we have a shot at trading him. He will go to either LA or Portland, I believe. I don't think he'll go to Brooklyn because he's not really an east coast guy. But if Boston or the Heat want him, they are going to need to trade for him because he isn't going there is a buy-out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think that's why we have a shot at trading him. He will go to either LA or Portland, I believe. I don't think he'll go to Brooklyn because he's not really an east coast guy. But if Boston or the Heat want him, they are going to need to trade for him because he isn't going there is a buy-out.
    I agree that we have a shot but don't expect much, don't expect a first for example

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that we have a shot but don't expect much, don't expect a first for example
    I agree. Any trade will be meh unless a younger player is packaged. And no way he will bring a first unless it is to take on long term salary. Spurs have no incentive to trade him vs. a buyout to get a guy they don't like beyond this year absent a first round pick. If it isn't for other expirings, they have to like the player enough to compromise cap space. The only draft pick situation I see is if GSW wanted to get rid of Wiggins. They would never trade the Twolves pick but if they have their own pick this year, they could trade that to get rid of Wiggins's contract. But I see them sticking with Wiggins simply because Klay Thompson is injured and won't be back for a while and Wiggins can spell him without the three point shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash is showing what a mockery NBA coaching is. I have said for years players are the reason why teams win and not coaches in the NBA. My drunk uncle coached the Warriors Super team with Durant-Curry and still would have had the same amount of success as Kerr did. Nurse is a cuck that lucked out with getting Kawhi for a brief minute but if he never had Kawhi we would not be hearing about this clown. NBA is the only sports league I can think of where coaching doesn't matter and it's all about the players.
    I agree but to a certain degree

Not saying Mark Jackson didn't do a good job, but Kerr implement more ball movement, off the ball plays, cutting, all kinds of screens screens making the offense more dangerous

But yeah, good luck winning a le with the T Wolves or Cavs today I agree

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t trust Ainge, or believe anything Boston leaks, but it would be nice if we could work a 3 way where we send LMA to Boston, they send the needed prospect contract that has to go out to keep them under the apron to SAC, and SAC sends Barnes to us, with either our 2021 first or Lonnie going to SAC.
    Don't see the point in giving up a draft pick for Barnes. Spurs are fine at the three with Keldon for a fraction of the price.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Any trade will be meh unless a younger player is packaged. And no way he will bring a first unless it is to take on long term salary. Spurs have no incentive to trade him vs. a buyout to get a guy they don't like beyond this year absent a first round pick. If it isn't for other expirings, they have to like the player enough to compromise cap space. The only draft pick situation I see is if GSW wanted to get rid of Wiggins. They would never trade the Twolves pick but if they have their own pick this year, they could trade that to get rid of Wiggins's contract. But I see them sticking with Wiggins simply because Klay Thompson is injured and won't be back for a while and Wiggins can spell him without the three point shooting.
    What about Cleveland with Kevin Love's contract or OKC with Al Horford?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Cleveland with Kevin Love's contract or OKC with Al Horford?
    I don't think Cavs will give up a draft pick to trade Love. I only say GSW because they have the Twolves pick and they hope to make the playoffs making their own pick less valuable. Considering they are a free agent destination given their location and winning reputation as of late, I could see them valuing cap space. I think the Cavs want to keep their draft pick. No one is signing there as a free agent unless Lebron comes back and that isn't happening. I don't know their cap situation, but I think they will swallow the Love contract if it means keeping their draft picks in what expect to be loaded drafts. I also think the Thunder prefer draft picks over Hortford. I just see them as patiently looking to the future and knowing that free agents aren't coming there when they don't have the basics of a winning team. Unless they are in a luxury tax type situation, I think they are in the business of buying draft picks with their cap space, not selling their draft picks for cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trade them Rudy to get Zach Collins. Spurs immediately buy out LMA instead of trading him allowing Portland a chance of also getting LMA.

That would put the Spurs in the tax. Also, apparently Portland is irrationally high on Collins though Gay could help them. Portland also has most of their picks available to be a deal done. Maybe something like Hood, Little and a 2026 second for Gay

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs can’t sign free agents (which has been the narrative forever) why not just let Aldridge’s contract expire. Keeps him from signing somewhere and teaches other teams to play ball or lose out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19 pages and LMA is still not gone. Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19 pages and LMA is still not gone. Lol
    I wish it were because so many teams want him that they keep bidding up the price. My guess is that he is the second choice for a lot of teams, so once one of the doors closes on this player or that, we will see a deal get done. If there was a draft pick from any team involved, this would be done already. My guess is we are going to trade him for a bunch of expiring deals or a player they like enough to keep around for another year. Beyond that, it would be better to just buy him out and save the cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Cavs will give up a draft pick to trade Love. I only say GSW because they have the Twolves pick and they hope to make the playoffs making their own pick less valuable. Considering they are a free agent destination given their location and winning reputation as of late, I could see them valuing cap space. I think the Cavs want to keep their draft pick. No one is signing there as a free agent unless Lebron comes back and that isn't happening. I don't know their cap situation, but I think they will swallow the Love contract if it means keeping their draft picks in what expect to be loaded drafts. I also think the Thunder prefer draft picks over Hortford. I just see them as patiently looking to the future and knowing that free agents aren't coming there when they don't have the basics of a winning team. Unless they are in a luxury tax type situation, I think they are in the business of buying draft picks with their cap space, not selling their draft picks for cap space.
    I don't think they'd trade that Minny pick to offload Wiggins, that's one of the best assets in the league.

Maybe GSW would be interested if it was their own pick this year, and in 2023, to offload $30 million for next season while still holding on to that Minnesota pick and saving millions more in luxury tax.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they'd trade that Minny pick to offload Wiggins, that's one of the best assets in the league.

Maybe GSW would be interested if it was their own pick this year, and in 2023, to offload $30 million for next season while still holding on to that Minnesota pick and saving millions more in luxury tax.
    OH I agree they won't trade the Minny pick. I meant they could trade their own pick next year. I don't see them trading more than one pick to clear salary cap space and I honestly don't even see them trading either. Wiggins fills a need with Thompson being injured and until they know Thompson is back and 100%, he is their insurance. Plus, if they get two guys in the next draft that contribute and are cheap, they can live with overpaying Wiggins. It's just if there is a draft pick, I could see that as the only scenario.

Thread Information