Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember Tim Duncan’s dad dying back in the ‘02 playoffs in the first round. His dad died after game 3 against the Sonics. He missed game 4 to attend his dad’s funeral and the spurs ended up losing that game. No one thought he would even play in game 5 which was a must win since it was best of 5. Tim showed up a few hours before game 5. Had a good game and the spurs advanced to play the Lakers. Tim was great against the Lakers. Put up monster numbers and was clearly better than both Kobe/Shaq in that series. If the spurs had Manu a year earlier they would have beaten the Lakers that year. Tim was a monster in that series but he just didn’t have enough help to win. I was just amazed at how high of a level Tim played at after losing his Dad before that series started.
    During a time like losing a parent one can sometimes feel so lost and helpless. He may have felt like that between all of the games. During the games he was able to put all of his resolve into play and be hyper focused. Sometimes we can do our best work when at the moment that is all we have to sustain us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During a time like losing a parent one can sometimes feel so lost and helpless. He may have felt like that between all of the games. During the games he was able to put all of his resolve into play and be hyper focused. Sometimes we can do our best work when at the moment that is all we have to sustain us.
    I agree with everything you said. TD's mental toughness was off the charts.

Thread Information