Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Phoenix rests all of it's starters does CIA Pop have a chance to sweep?

A .500 season could be on the line vs Phoenix if the Spurs can upset the Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9:19 - 4th
    1 2 3 4 T
    NO 30 28 22 11 91
    DAL 32 45 34 0 111

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelicans already packed it in before tonight. They're out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for clarifiying the point on the magic number it is now one and most likely before the spurs next game they should have clinched 10 spot as we excpect the king to at least drop 1 to memphis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs have a 50% chance to beat NY and Memphis has a 50% chance to beat Sacramento, then the Spurs have a 75% chance of clinching the 10 seed tonight. (Actually, we could just average the Spurs' less than 50% chance to beat NY and Memphis' more than a 50% chance to beat Sacramento and it comes out about the same, about 75%.)

But if the Spurs don't clinch tonight, then they'll be sweating it . . .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs have a 50% chance to beat NY and Memphis has a 50% chance to beat Sacramento, then the Spurs have a 75% chance of clinching the 10 seed tonight. (Actually, we could just average the Spurs' less than 50% chance to beat NY and Memphis' more than a 50% chance to beat Sacramento and it comes out about the same, about 75%.)

But if the Spurs don't clinch tonight, then they'll be sweating it . . .

The Grizzlies have every incentive to go all out against Sacramento the next two games, though they just need one win. They win one of two against the Kings, and then beat the Warriors, and they will be the 8 seed (Kings have the tiebreaker). Two chances to win one game.

Agree that I’d start sweating it if the Spurs lost and Kings won tonight. But even if that happens, you need the Kings to beat a hungry Grizzlies team again, and then have a Jazz team that may be fighting to hold onto the 1 seed for whatever it’s worth.

Suns have the tiebreaker so Jazz have no margin for error.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Grizzlies have every incentive to go all out against Sacramento the next two games, though they just need one win. They win one of two against the Kings, and then beat the Warriors, and they will be the 8 seed (Kings have the tiebreaker). Two chances to win one game.

Agree that I’d start sweating it if the Spurs lost and Kings won tonight. But even if that happens, you need the Kings to beat a hungry Grizzlies team again, and then have a Jazz team that may be fighting to hold onto the 1 seed for whatever it’s worth.

Suns have the tiebreaker so Jazz have no margin for error.
    Not to be a Negative Nellie, but with the way this season has gone, I would not at all be surprised to see the Spurs lose out and the Kings run the table. Would be a fitting end to a disappointing year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to be a Negative Nellie, but with the way this season has gone, I would not at all be surprised to see the Spurs lose out and the Kings run the table. Would be a fitting end to a disappointing year.
    Would be best case scenario at this point imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot depends on whether the Suns can catch the Jazz, or if they even care to catch the Jazz. The Knicks will certainly be incentivized to win tonight to try to get into the 4-5 zone and avoid the Nets/Bucks. If teams aren’t resting guys, you’re probably looking at about a 30% chance to win each game, so a 35% chance of losing out.

Then the Kings need to win out. I’d give them a 40% chance in each game against the Grizzlies, so 16% chance of winning both. And then it all comes down to Jazz game. If the Jazz even care about the one seed, they’ll have to play hard if the Suns are nipping at their heels. If the Suns aren’t nipping at their heels, then the Spurs already took care of business.

Odds are probably inside of 10%, but knowing this team, nothing would surprise me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu just hit a 3...

3:26 - 4th
    1 2 3 4 T
    SAC 32 28 23 25 108
    MEM 36 23 30 13 102

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu just hit a 3...

3:26 - 4th
    1 2 3 4 T
    SAC 32 28 23 25 108
    MEM 36 23 30 13 102
    Let's go Kings!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp looks like Grizzles got this. Fortunately they or the Warriors will curb stomp this team easily in the play-in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings in full tank mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings tanking like they should. Spurs deserve to stay in NBA purgatory. PATFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow wasn't expecting to see that the final score

End of 4th
    1 2 3 4 T
    SAC 32 28 23 27 110
    MEM 36 23 30 27 116

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings tanking like they should. Spurs deserve to stay in NBA purgatory. PATFO.
    But tanking doesn't guarantee anything. Low lottery picks and signing the Trey Lyles of the NBA is the smarter move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright we made the play...in! At least we get 73 games this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But tanking doesn't guarantee anything. Low lottery picks and signing the Trey Lyles of the NBA is the smarter move.
    And getting played by Morris in free agency is the smarter move too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And getting played by Morris in free agency is the smarter move too
    Sniffers: The Spurs have cap space this summer.

*most likely all going to Derozan, Rudy, and Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sniffers: The Spurs have cap space this summer.

*most likely all going to Derozan, Rudy, and Patty.
    Our only hope is if the Knicks throw all their cap space at Derozan, Rudy decides to go ring chasing, and Patty gets bitten by some exotic creature when he’s back in Australia in the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs gonna lose their way into the playin

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that they’ve clinched 10, time to tank. Should they miss the playoffs, every loss from here out matters. Could be the difference of 2-3 draft slots with teams currently bunched at 37-38 losses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you, Kings. We had a golden chance not to have to rely on those ing bums but no, they had to have a hard on for a worthless play-in game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me be dumb for a bit.

I think the (semi-realistic) ideal order of opponents would be:

Memphis -- worst non-SAS team in the play-in and a close flight for extra rest
    GS -- team SA could game-plan for and doesn't have the obvious upside that LAL has
    Phoenix -- beatable team with a known choker leading a bunch of experience guys
    Dallas -- they and Denver are actually in the same category as teams SA could beat but probably won't, but KP and Doncic have a lower floor as a duo than Jokic/Porter, especially given SA's defensive options
    Portland -- seem like a team that could flip LAC in the first round and pull out a series against Utah. Probably wouldn't beat LAL, but if the Lakers are still groggy, Utah could do so.
    Milwaukee -- obviously there are teams in the Eastern bracket who'd be easier opponents, but of the big three, MKE is the most beatable.

Obviously, the Spurs have basically no chance of winning, and their chances of even making the tournament are pretty low. But if you came from the future and told me that the Spurs found a way to win the le this year, I'd think a) White came back, b) Lonnie broke out and had a Jamal Murray--like rise to s om and c) Their bracket broke down in basically this way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schedule per twitter

Thread Information