My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the Lakers odds of winning it all? I could see this team happening next year. Who the Spurs would get who knows. But it would take a 3rd team in a trade for DD because the Lakers dont have we want. We used to want Kuzma, but naaaaaaaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We used to want Kuzma, but naaaaaaaw.
    The Spurs never wanted Kuzma. The Lakers tried to palm him off for Kawhi, then AD, etc.

Nobody wanted (or wants) Kuzma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would be the incentive for DD to do a sign n trade?
    I mean how much more money are we talking about vs helping his would-be new team acquire him for no trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would be the incentive for DD to do a sign n trade?
    I mean how much more money are we talking about vs helping his would-be new team acquire him for no trade?
    The Lakers (LeBron) need a shooter or a big (if AD breaks down).

DD is a mini-me LeBron, a lesser version -- not a good fit.

Plus, the Lakers have no assets to trade, sign-and-trade or otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geriatric James and the Day-to-Days

The all-ho e team

Just spitballing here

Not good enough in the west anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers (LeBron) need a shooter or a big (if AD breaks down).

DD is a mini-me LeBron, a lesser version -- not a good fit.

Plus, the Lakers have no assets to trade, sign-and-trade or otherwise.
    No i mean why wouldn't DD simply go to the Lakers as a UFA?

Why help the Spurs / hurt the Lakers by doing a S & T?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st round pick from 2026

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geriatric James and the Day-to-Days

The all-ho e team

Just spitballing here

Not good enough in the west anymore.

The Dried Up Lakers

The Los Angeles Tar Pits

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Lakers are done(thx god) but they managed to win one in the LeBron process albeit in the bubble where clearly some other teams and players didn't want to be but still, its a ring, the mfers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers proved they were awful without a healthy AD. It's a two man team out there in LA. They'll overspend on a couple of free agents this summer, but I'm not sure they'll have enough to get over the hump again. That said, there are always people who want to play for that sh!thole of an organization, so who knows.

But I think it's now safe to say that the bubble trophy was a bit of a fluke. Miami should have never been in the Finals, and the Lakers old goat and fragile power forward got to be well-rested, playing against a bunch of teams who really weren't that motivated or prepared.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers proved they were awful without a healthy AD. It's a two man team out there in LA. They'll overspend on a couple of free agents this summer, but I'm not sure they'll have enough to get over the hump again. That said, there are always people who want to play for that sh!thole of an organization, so who knows.

But I think it's now safe to say that the bubble trophy was a bit of a fluke. Miami should have never been in the Finals, and the Lakers old goat and fragile power forward got to be well-rested, playing against a bunch of teams who really weren't that motivated or prepared.
    Said this a year ago - fraud sham ship beat weak injured teams and had 8 on 5 the rest of way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine the heat Derozan will get being on that team. I don't think he's cut for that spotlight being used to the San Antonio 'media'

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t imagine DDR going to a team in a landlocked state. Which coastal team, basically? But also, who really wants him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for DDR, lots of teams that may want one more guy that in their mind could put them over the hump even if some cases doesn't make much sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for DDR, lots of teams that may want one more guy that in their mind could put them over the hump even if some cases doesn't make much sense
    Knicks ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, they need more than DDR. Knicks don't seem dumb any more unless i'm mistaken and they go for him out of desperation

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ddr is durable and can lead the team on lebrons days off in theory

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sad but true but even without AD and LBJ. derozan would have better talent around him than on the spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't mean to piss off all Lakers fans because some are OK, but I am so glad the Lakers are out because it pissed me off so much when people were saying Davis is better than TD after last year's joke of a cake walk in the bubble. He's not even close to being in the same universe as TD as a leader, player or anything, really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR would be a better point guard than Schroder who turned down an extension looking for a bigger payday. Don't know if that's going to work out for him, but LeBron could definitely use a DDR if nothing else but to keep the ball out of his hands to rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with DDR going to Lakers is he obviously is seeking that last big contract, and I don't see the Lakers being able to afford that.

If DeMar wants to take a pay cut and go to a championship contender, that would be his best move. But I think he's more likely to just grab that bag and go to a place like New York or Miami (which aren't bad places to live, either)

Also probably wants to get out of the West which is a beast of its own right now. These playoffs have shown that there are a lot of very good teams to beat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was weird to not use him more. He could help a lot of teams next year. I’d take him on the Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Montrezl burning bridges in clipper land and laker land. Keep him far away. He'll likely want to go to the hornets anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Montrezl burning bridges in clipper land and laker land. Keep him far away. He'll likely want to go to the hornets anyway.
    Why, what is the Hornets connection?

Thread Information