Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything he's a Mavs fan. That's where he got his start if I remember correctly. But he appreciates quality organizations so he has always seemed to be a fan of the Spurs.
    Yes, he's a Mav Fan, but I think he might have started out first in LA before becoming a Mav reporter. But even when he was in Dallas he was always giving props to the Spurs.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he's a Mav Fan, but I think he might have started out first in LA before becoming a Mav reporter. But even when he was in Dallas he was always giving props to the Spurs.
    You can kind of glean the intelligence of certain journalists by how they cover their respective sports. Makes me wonder how people like broussard got their jobs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad the national media is finally appreciating Boris. Dude has been great this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should hopefully read.... "finished on top".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should hopefully read.... "finished on top".
    I get where your head's at, but that would effectively ruin the meme.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn can't remove the stupid smile I got on my face after reading this article, diaw is such an unique player too bad it took 10years to nba to figure it out..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Boris had a great impact when he was on the floor last year as well, he was just underplayed...
    I agree we had the pieces last year to get it done. But I guess if we relied on failing in the playoffs the year before, that would explain why we never won back-to-back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good lord. First Marc Stein, now Grantland has Diaw stories:

http://grantland.com/features/boris-...playoffs-2014/

Still, he could be stubborn. Once, Dan D’Antoni recalled an adamant assistant telling Diaw to guard an opponent a certain way. Diaw was insistent that it would lead to an easy score — sure enough, it did. “Boris goes by the bench in his French accent and goes, ‘I try it your way and now I do it my way,’” D’Antoni said. “I started laughing on the bench.”

Terry Porter had once been Parker’s mentor as a guard in San Antonio, and when he was hired to replace D’Antoni, he further tempered Phoenix’s offense. He once scolded Diaw for taking a bad shot, Bell said. “Boris took offense to it, so the next night we came out in Minnesota, Boris — in only the way Boris can do it — would work his way to the basket and get to within point-blank range and fire passes back out all night,” Bell said. “I don’t think he shot a field goal all night. I chuckled to myself, because I knew what was going on. It was hilarious.

“Let’s just put it like this,” Bell added. “Boris has a super-high basketball IQ and Boris knows he has one.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these are great stories.

Btw, Marc Stein I believe graduated from the same University as Bruce Bowen - I'm pretty sure he likes all things Spurs.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris would have been a really good SECOND choice for FMVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The player Boris reminds me of most is Bison Dele, aka Brian Williams. Both were supremely talented, but you had to get their attention in a non-antagonistic way to get output from them. They were immersed in life, not basketball.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The player Boris reminds me of most is Bison Dele, aka Brian Williams. Both were supremely talented, but you had to get their attention in a non-antagonistic way to get output from them. They were immersed in life, not basketball.
    I hated that guy with a passion but he was a baller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hated that guy with a passion but he was a baller.
    He had HOF level talent. He could literally go toe to toe with ANY big in the NBA on any night. He just had other interests in life. Basketball was a means to an end. There was a really good story in SI a while back about his life and death.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm following Boris and Parker for a long time tbh

Boris is quite a character, he is extremely difficult to piss off. He is a real cool cat but one thing that pisses him off is players playing for themselves. That's one of the reason Parker hate makes me laugh, if Parker was half of what some dumb s spent their day describing there would be no chance in both will get along and they are like brothers.

for all the hate he is receiving spurs fan can consider themselves lucky to have Parker because without Parker there is no Boris 2.0 playing for the spurs.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Boris is quite a character, he is extremely difficult to piss off. He is a real cool cat but one thing that pisses him off is players playing for themselves. That's one of the reason Parker hate makes me laugh, if Parker was half of what some dumb s spent their day describing there would be no chance in both will get along and they are like brothers.

for all the hate he is receiving spurs fan can consider themselves lucky to have Parker because without Parker there is no Boris 2.0 playing for the spurs.
    Where are you getting all this TP hate from?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you read ST at any point in the last decade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welcome to ST dude

after a fifth le, the only player yesterday and today getting on is Parker. I stopped trying to understand why a long time ago.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw to the Spurs Coaching bench in a couple of years. You heard it here first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice article

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris got all the talent to become an All-Star but he refused.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article is right in saying that Boris always thinks "it's ok" and that not much fazes him. But that was true only until 28 seconds happened. From that point onward, I think Diaw "got it", and it changed him tremendously. Suddenly he's part of the French team that wins the long awaited Euro, and the Spurs team that goes all the way for the 5th championship. That's not a coincidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A lot of this comes from people seeing how aggressive he is with his scoring. They don't realize that for the past 7/8 years, Pop has asked Tony to be the primary scorer. The Spurs have needed Tony to play that way. That's changed over the past year, but the Spurs wouldn't have been in the Finals last year if it wasn't for him taking over games the way he did.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article is right in saying that Boris always thinks "it's ok" and that not much fazes him. But that was true only until 28 seconds happened. From that point onward, I think Diaw "got it", and it changed him tremendously. Suddenly he's part of the French team that wins the long awaited Euro, and the Spurs team that goes all the way for the 5th championship. That's not a coincidence.
    Yeah, Boris's DNP-CD in game 3 and game 6 definitely are the factors that made him look at himself through his years of 'over passing'. Without game 6, Boris will not be able to improve to Boris 2.0

Thread Information