Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been using the aune t1 tube amp and dac, paired alongside with the Sennheiser HD650 headphones. Getting some really good sound quality, may change up the stock tube and get a genalex gold lion to see if the tube will make the sound a bit more darker and rich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been using the aune t1 tube amp and dac, paired alongside with the Sennheiser HD650 headphones. Getting some really good sound quality, may change up the stock tube and get a genalex gold lion to see if the tube will make the sound a bit more darker and rich.
    Wish I could A|B some 650s with my 400is. Both legends in their respective means of sound generation (classic vs planars).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The upgrade bug finally bit. I'll pull the trigger on these in about a month.

http://philharmonicaudio.com/BMR%20Philharmonitor.html

The RAAL series of ribbon twitters are among the best tweeters in the world (never personally heard them), and Dennis Murphy is one of the most respected designers in audio. If you were to buy these from a traditional retail outlet from a Hi-Fi name brand (Klipsch, Kef, B&W, etc), you'd be paying 3x as much. Listening impressions from around the net have said they easily equal any 3-5K speaker from the usual players (Revel, Kef, Focal, etc). ambchang when you're ready to buy your speakers, I'll rec these as an alternative to PSBs. http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...s/SRT/srt.html

With the RAAL, they're 2700. A forum member there said the detail resolution was just mindblowing and made his Audeze 2s sound like in that department (never mind the far superior soundstaging, imaging, dynamics you get with speakers over headphones).

I'll report back with impressions once I get set up and say if the RAAL is really everything it's made out to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet. Let me know what you think about them.

The recalled amp sounds cleaner, more level across but the final balance is expectedly the same.

Using them with the he6 is amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old good sound is still good sound. And man, they're so flexible. With the omnipolar design you don't even really need to sit in the sweet spot to hear everything. They're pretty power hungry though.

Forgot to add: Upgraded to a 55" Sony 4k TV (x850d). 8.5-9/10 on picture quality. Menus are slow as though, but it's worth it and I got a really good price for it.

Just picked up a projector (Optima Mini) for traveling. Now I can game on the road and my PC/Switch monitor fits into a tiny bag. It's a BEAST of a projector.
    That 3D audio I was talking about is finally here in a relatively inexpensive consumer form.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-system-in-the

Beamforming tech is legit, so this product will definitely work as advertised. The team has had some delays, but ETA looks to be about 6-8 weeks. 3D audio/positional audio will work a great better through this than on headphones, so this might be something cool to pair with your VR rig (when I played with the Oculus, don't recall if their headphones [which I found to be quality wise] can be removed?).

Drawback. It's a in' soundbar. I get the decision: to make it more attractive and saleable, but I'm really waiting for an external processor we can just plug into an existing Hi-Fi rig.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 3D audio I was talking about is finally here in a relatively inexpensive consumer form.

Beamforming tech is legit, so this product will definitely work as advertised. The team has had some delays, but ETA looks to be about 6-8 weeks. 3D audio/positional audio will work a great better through this than on headphones, so this might be something cool to pair with your VR rig (when I played with the Oculus, don't recall if their headphones [which I found to be quality wise] can be removed?).

Drawback. It's a in' soundbar. I get the decision: to make it more attractive and saleable, but I'm really waiting for an external processor we can just plug into an existing Hi-Fi rig.
    FYI the headphones for the Oculus (the on-ear ones) are Koss Portapros, which are ~$20 headphones but actually considered quite good in that price range. I actually like them a lot for being "included", they're comfortable and have enough bass. Definitely not a long-term solution though.

Will check this out for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is great stuff, very tempted to get, not for music or any serious listening, but mostly for the boy to play video games.

That said, I am wary of kickstarter type campaigns. Almost got burned bad for that LH Labs debacle with Indigogo a few years back. Luckily came out unscathed but man some poor souls lost thousands of dollars on that cluster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, have my Sansui au-717 for sale. Serviced about 18 months ago, everything in spec. Extremely heavy (40lbs or so) so shipping will cost you. Let me know if interested though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is great stuff, very tempted to get, not for music or any serious listening, but mostly for the boy to play video games.

That said, I am wary of kickstarter type campaigns. Almost got burned bad for that LH Labs debacle with Indigogo a few years back. Luckily came out unscathed but man some poor souls lost thousands of dollars on that cluster.
    Yeah, looks like they're having problems going into mass production (Dr. Mark Waldrep, a very respected figure in audio, who was also a consultant for the company early on, says he might have some good news soon regarding the product. He can't reveal much due to an NDA). The tech is legit, though. So if this company doesn't bring beamforming to the masses, some other company will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, looks like they're having problems going into mass production (Dr. Mark Waldrep, a very respected figure in audio, who was also a consultant for the company early on, says he might have some good news soon regarding the product. He can't reveal much due to an NDA). The tech is legit, though. So if this company doesn't bring beamforming to the masses, some other company will.
    I wouldn’t trust a thing from LH labs. There are dozens of people out thousands of dollars waiting for gear they bought five years ago, routinely given the “we have production problems” excuse while seeing the exact gear being sold on amazon for a significantly higher price. The math is simple, the money is already gone and LH labs would make more money selling the same gear to people for new revenue rather than giving the same gear for people who’ve paid years ago.

On top of that, they have started all kinds of campaigns since then without even wrapping up past campaigns.

I had the Xfinity Pro for a few months and while the DAC sounded good the headphone amp section was nothing special and reliability issues and customer service makes it s dangerous piece of gear to hold on to. Any issues and you are left with a $1000 paperweight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what u guys opinion of atmos speakers?? why do they costs and arm and a leg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're really good. Probably not the best value for the money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any of you clowns own or have a karaoke system setup at home?

what i want to know is why do ppl like to have echo turn on their mixer? or delay? i dont get this....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atmos is a great technology, but you'll need discrete speakers for the height channels, which you'll have to mount in/on the ceiling. The Atmos speakers that fire up into the ceiling and reflect sound back to the listener aren't all that effective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best hi-fi related purchase I've made in years, and it was less than 100.00. A measurement mic.

First measurement of my system:

Rock solid midrange with some treble roll off, but I don't like those dips at 40hz and especially that massive trench in the 150hz-170hz range, a crucial range since that's where a lot of snare drums and such are.

The best way to smooth out bass response in a home listening environment (in lieu of a massive load of room treatment) is the employment of multisubs. I had a Mirage 8" handy, so I put the theory to test. Latest two measurements.

It's hard to get better 20-80hz response than that shown on the blue line. Only issue is the Mirage bottoms out too quickly being an 8", so I'm definitely going to have to pair my 12" with another. Killakobe81, you use dual subs, so I definitely recommend giving your system a measurement to make sure your subs are working together to smooth out the bass (the subs positioned at the midpoints of your room is a good start).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Best hi-fi related purchase I've made in years, and it was less than 100.00. A measurement mic.

First measurement of my system:

Rock solid midrange with some treble roll off, but I don't like those dips at 40hz and especially that massive trench in the 150hz-170hz range, a crucial range since that's where a lot of snare drums and such are.

The best way to smooth out bass response in a home listening environment (in lieu of a massive load of room treatment) is the employment of multisubs. I had a Mirage 8" handy, so I put the theory to test. Latest two measurements.

It's hard to get better 20-80hz response than that shown on the blue line. Only issue is the Mirage bottoms out too quickly being an 8", so I'm definitely going to have to pair my 12" with another. Killakobe81, you use dual subs, so I definitely recommend giving your system a measurement to make sure your subs are working together to smooth out the bass (the subs positioned at the midpoints of your room is a good start).
    My second one died so in the market for a mid tier replacement any suggestions? Movies/games more than music but planning to refocus on music next year... Want setup to support a SB party in January...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got myself he KEF LS50. The wired version. Don’t have time to hook it up yet but really looking forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My second one died so in the market for a mid tier replacement any suggestions? Movies/games more than music but planning to refocus on music next year... Want setup to support a SB party in January...
    Try to find another of the exact same sub you currently have, Might get something cheap on the used market. SVS stands by their products, so my want to contact them and see if they'll repair it for low cost/free. In any event, what's your budget?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Try to find another of the exact same sub you currently have, Might get something cheap on the used market. SVS stands by their products, so my want to contact them and see if they'll repair it for low cost/free. In any event, what's your budget?
    Not sure I was hoping to stay around $500 but willing to go up a bit if the value is there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I was hoping to stay around $500 but willing to go up a bit if the value is there.
    What's the SVS model you have? Also worth noting is that dual/multisubs don't equal more powerful bass. If improperly placed, multiple subs can actually weaken your bass since the competing soundwaves cancel each other out. Multisubs are for smoothing out your bass response and getting rid of suckouts and providing better bass across many seats. If you're gonna drop 500.00, also get yourself a measurement mic (Umik-1 about 90.00 on ebay). It's really easy to use. I can walk you through it if needed. Short vid on multisubs and other subwoofer tips:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got myself he KEF LS50. The wired version. Don’t have time to hook it up yet but really looking forward.
    Are these for the main rig you wanted to build?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are these for the main rig you wanted to build?
    Eventually will be. Looking for receivers now. At some point I just have to suck it up and realize I have a family who would be using it too.

In the meantime i will use the office rig DAC (Mytek 192) and connect it to my other unrefurbished sansui (au717). The source is now the Sony player (something 700, supposed to have decent sound, but I need a receiver that can process audio through HDMI).

Thread Information