Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [image link to something from GMAIL]
    You may want to delete that bit. Probably can't be used to figure out your gmail, but definitely something you don't want tested in a publicly searchable forum. I doubt any dataminer is going to glom on to ST, but still.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adolescent children still children, and they go to school as well. I can tell you from my wifes direct accounts they do not bother with masks, or distancing rules, even when explicitly directed to do so. 13-18 comprise what? 6/13ths of the school age population. 46%

So basically, all of your links speak to the risk presented by 54% of the school age population.

The oldest group of seniors, comprise, 1/13th of 57,000,000. 7%

A poplulation of 4.3M

Assuming they die at one tenth the known fatality rate for the disease, that is 2,192 dead teenagers, if all of them get exposed and/or sick.

Assume one teacher/administrator/janitor/etc for every 18 students in those schools.

3,100,000 people, with age distributions roughly the same as the overall population.

If they all get the disease that will kill roughly 15,500 teachers.

If you want to argue "not everyone will get it", then I would say a typical flu season sees roughly 40-60% of the population getting the disease, with vaccines, and this disease appears to be much more transmittable than the flu. 60% of 15,000 is still roughly 10,000 teachers.

Sending all kids back to school with this thing will kill tens of thousand of teachers and students.

How many dead teachers, children, and adolescents, are you willing to sacrifice for your Dear Leader?
    Lol your math

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The links you have presented do not make your case, as all of the research on "children" hews to the medical definition of "under 10 years", leaving out the risks posed by tends of millions of other students, and millions of teachers, administrators, and service personnel.

Frankly, I am not going to be that cavalier with my wife, who teaches high school, or my two kids in high school.

You want them to take all the risks you yourself probably don't, and you can right off. I will not sacrifice any of them for the sake of your evil ideology. My wife and I are having some very pointed discussions about either not sending my kids to school, or my wife simply refusing to go to work. I am sure those discussions are being mirrored in millions of households.

Bypass this discussion:

How will you pay for teachers to take time off for COVID quarantine WHEN they get exposed in the millions?

Are you going to ask them to take unpaid leave? Man up and answer, or, you know, bull waffle some more for your Dear Leader.
    Recognizing the severe harm caused to kids when they are not able to attend school and advocating for them is now an "evil ideology" You are so far off the deep end, seek help. And tell your wife to find a new line of work. We don't need terrified teachers who don't understand science teaching our kids anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recognizing the severe harm caused to kids when they are not able to attend school and advocating for them is now an "evil ideology" You are so far off the deep end, seek help. And tell your wife to find a new line of work. We don't need terrified teachers who don't understand science teaching our kids anyways.
    To be fair, are there any studies that have do ented the long term effects of missing, say, a year in brick-and-mortar schooling? Or are these studies just speculating? For example, the whole theory that a depression would lead to a unprecedented es in suicides, alcohol abuse, etc, when the fact was life expectancy actually rose during the Great Depression and the suicide rate has continued to climb following the recession, even as we were living in the so-called greatest economy the world has ever known.

Life expectancy rose from 57.1 in 1929 to 63.3 years in 1932, according to the analysis by U-M researchers José A.Sep 29, 2009
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0Jos%C3%A9%20A.

Even better graph. Scroll down and see how the trajectory remained basically linear, with no es during/following the Recession.

https://www.annenbergpublicpolicycen...-news-stories/

Drug overdoses didn't e during the Recession:

https://www.drugabuse.gov/sites/defa...018-graph1.jpg

Higher than they ever been in the supposed "greatest economy the world has ever known."

That said, I think opening schools needs to be approached regionally. In areas that have controlled their outbreaks, sure. Not sure I would open up in the hot spots until under control. And I think there's need to be a study on if Covid causes any lingering health effects to recover children and teens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homeschooling harmful now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes think of the children

If schools dont open up we will start seeing dead children piling up on the streets, parks and parking lots around the country

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes think of the children

If schools dont open up we will start seeing dead children piling up on the streets, parks and parking lots around the country
    But they're magically protected from outbreaks in schools, unlike say summer camps and day cares where we have had flare ups.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they're magically protected from outbreaks in schools, unlike say summer camps and day cares where we have had flare ups.
    there haven't been flare ups. Stop the gossip.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AISD (Austin) is going virtual learning only for at least the first three weeks of school.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thldren trying to defy plain reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which is more harmful, tens of thousands of deaths or missing in person school for a semester?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Israel tried to open schools, got huge outbreak, had to shut down

Like USA, Israel is worse off now that it was at its very successful end of May, more successful than USA has ever been
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-15-2020 at 04:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL fake news Dr Tholdren Ph. D

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the sure-fire formula for success:

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that bothers you. Sad you hate science

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL fake news Dr Tholdren Ph. D
    Thats redundant. The way you are using dr. And PhD.

But I will take that as a compliment and a white flag. Let you proceed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that bothers you. Sad you hate science
    thdren unable to recognize sarcasm. Sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats redundant. The way you are using dr. And PhD.

But I will take that as a compliment and a white flag. Let you proceed
    The Dr because you're a medical doctor and the Ph.D for your math degree, right?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dr because you're a medical doctor and the Ph.D for your math degree, right?
    no. More gossip from you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. More gossip from you
    thldren admits he's not educated. Sad.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thldren admits he's not educated. Sad.
    InstaPWNED

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nothing could go wrong there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh yeah you instantly pwned yourself. Bravo

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nothing could go wrong there
    what do you think specifically will go wrong?

Thread Information