Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Considering obesity is the #1 health-related killer in the US, I always find it funny how nobody calls them "selfish" for the same reason. Shouldn't we be just as angry as the spurstalk GTG lardass who gulps down 50 hotdogs a day for taking up a hospital room whenever they have their inevitable heart attack, stroke, etc. Instead we're told not to 'fat shame' while you s get more outraged over a disease with a 99.98% survival rate then Spurfan over Jason Terry's nut punch
    not remotely comparable

obesity is not contagious

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was correct that these people wont put their money where their mouth is. wiggins already bent the knee
    It was puzzling as why he wouldn't have gotten one from the beginning. Not like Wiggins is ever going to again see a contract for the kind of money he'll be making this year and next on his current deal.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    not remotely comparable

The biggest mask Karens out there are often morbidly obese. They want you to wear a mask because they now care so deeply about their health.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    The biggest mask Karens out there are often morbidly obese. They want you to wear a mask because they now care so deeply about their health.
    so obesity isn't contagious. thanks for confirming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Kareem is a virologist now?

edit: GFY as always, Blue Santa gs.
    no. he just uses sound logic. you might want to try it some time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not remotely comparable

false equivalency is just one of the many fallacies ST posters love to defer to.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    not remotely comparable

i was strictly referring to his "you're taking up an ICU bed" argument. I'm only comparing it to obesity on that point, not as a whole tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who is having to give up their career over their health?
    If he suggests they quit basketball over their concerns, he's saying give up your career in favor of your health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so obesity isn't contagious. thanks for confirming.
    There are more obese people than people infected with COVID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he suggests they quit basketball over their concerns, he's saying give up your career in favor of your health.
    their concerns =/= their health

if i refuse to play in a stadium that has wifi because i believe wifi is a mind control device, it would be pretty weird for a third party observer to say that i'm refusing to play in favor of my health

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    their concerns =/= their health

if i refuse to play in a stadium that has wifi because i believe wifi is a mind control device, it would be pretty weird for a third party observer to say that i'm refusing to play in favor of my health
    What if you refused to play in a stadium that had wifi because you thought wifi would harm you in some way, might lead to brain cancer, etc???

Maybe wrong, maybe you have mental issues, but your reason for not playing would be to preserve what you consider to be your health.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    There are more obese people than people infected with COVID.
    and yet it's still not infectious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and yet it's still not infectious
    It doesn't settle the debate about immunity though. Why would a vaccinated person care if they are exposed? I don't worry about being exposed to Polio because someone wasn't vaccinated.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It doesn't settle the debate about immunity though. Why would a vaccinated person care if they are exposed? I don't worry about being exposed to Polio because someone wasn't vaccinated.
    This.

Well, you could get a "break through" case, get real sick and die. You could also drown in your own bath tub. Odds are about the same.

I was with the maskers until we got the vaccines and readily available n95's. Now they have lost me with this lunacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

Well, you could get a "break through" case, get real sick and die. You could also drown in your own bath tub. Odds are about the same.

I was with the maskers until we got the vaccines and readily available n95's. Now they have lost me with this lunacy.
    If we were anywhere near 90% vaccination as a country, the masks wouldn't be needed. Unfortunately, we're still a ways off, but the numbers are getting better and better, so it gives me hope

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    The vaccinated aren't necessarily only concerned about being exposed. Some might be worried about that, but there are additional concerns with the unvaccinated.

It's already been mentioned, but in cities and towns that still have high covid rates and consequently overwhelmed ICU wards, the unvaccinated sick covid patients are the ones overwhelming those hospitals. And some vaccinated people who are in need of ICU beds don't get them. Because of the unvaccinated.

The bigger picture concern is about getting through this pandemic in general. Some recent medical opinions estimate that herd immunity may require as much as 90% of the population being immune. With the variants and what has emerged as a two month cycle of high transmission then low transmission then back to high transmission, the country and the world still has to deal with the associated social restrictions that come with covid, from masks to social distancing to certain lockdowns and shutdowns. Some of us vaccinated people want to get back to normal or as close as we can. Getting everyone vaccinated gets us closer to that and more quickly. If the US continues to ride the line of 55% vaccinated, we're going to have to deal with mask mandates, quarantines, lockdowns for longer.

That's what the vaccinated are concerned with. But many unvaccinated can't see past their bathroom mirrors and their "muhhh rights, muhhh freedoms."

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If we were anywhere near 90% vaccination as a country, the masks wouldn't be needed. Unfortunately, we're still a ways off, but the numbers are getting better and better, so it gives me hope
    Yeah, I think this will be endemic, unfortunately. Instead of get your annual flu shot it will be get your annual flu+covid shot. All in one jab, though, if you go with Moderna.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    lol thinking obesity and its not being an infectious virus has anything to do with how an infectious disease spreads

what claims of immunity exist in regards to the vaccine?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    This.

does the vaccine claim to provide total immunity?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    The vaccinated aren't necessarily only concerned about being exposed. Some might be worried about that, but there are additional concerns with the unvaccinated.

It's already been mentioned, but in cities and towns that still have high covid rates and consequently overwhelmed ICU wards, the unvaccinated sick covid patients are the ones overwhelming those hospitals. And some vaccinated people who are in need of ICU beds don't get them. Because of the unvaccinated.

The bigger picture concern is about getting through this pandemic in general. Some recent medical opinions estimate that herd immunity may require as much as 90% of the population being immune. With the variants and what has emerged as a two month cycle of high transmission then low transmission then back to high transmission, the country and the world still has to deal with the associated social restrictions that come with covid, from masks to social distancing to certain lockdowns and shutdowns. Some of us vaccinated people want to get back to normal or as close as we can. Getting everyone vaccinated gets us closer to that and more quickly. If the US continues to ride the line of 55% vaccinated, we're going to have to deal with mask mandates, quarantines, lockdowns for longer.

That's what the vaccinated are concerned with. But many unvaccinated can't see past their bathroom mirrors and their "muhhh rights, muhhh freedoms."
    dont try to use actual logic and reasoning. its simply too logical and makes too much sense for dmc and dirksfinale

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So assume we are at 100% vaccinated. Why not still socially distance and wear masks? Explain to me why that shouldn't go on forever without special pleading.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who's being kicked out of the hospital? Are hordes dying because they cannot get medical care? Don't give me an anecdote about a stage 5 brain cancer patient being sent home and dying.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    So assume we are at 100% vaccinated. Why not still socially distance and wear masks? Explain to me why that shouldn't go on forever without special pleading.
    explain the link between obesity and how viruses spread

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Who's being kicked out of the hospital? Are hordes dying because they cannot get medical care? Don't give me an anecdote about a stage 5 brain cancer patient being sent home and dying.
    Not all ICU patients are terminal. There are patients that require ICU beds for high success procedures. Read a case where a guy needed a pancreas procedure in Houston about a month ago when Delta was surging, couldn't get a bed. The procedure was a standard procedure with a high success rate. He died waiting for one of the ICU beds taken by unvaccinated covid patients. He would be alive and well otherwise. I'm sure there are plenty of examples in locations with overwhelmed ICUs.

You can say what you want, believe what you want. I don't care about the politics of covid. I don't care about winning messageboard arguments about covid. I just want us to get through covid once and for all. Vaccines help us to do that. But there are some who will just keep finding excuses and backwards logic that keep us at this stage of impasse in the pandemic. Things might get a little better. Things might get a little worse. Then it starts all over again. Because not enough of us will do what's best for all of us. It's just maddening.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Yes! Let's all get vaccinated, free up the ICU beds and then everything will return to norm....err, wait a minute....

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...re/1021545001/

Also, as I mentioned before, where is all the outrage over the widespread obesity in the US? Considering the majority of those in the hospital and 'taking up beds' are those who are obese and made poor choices regarding their health, shouldn't we be scolding the TParks/mookies of the world everytime we catch them inhaling a Big Mac?

Thread Information