Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t always get to watch the game, and the highlights are not always enough for me. Timvp’s grades and analysis give me another insight on the game. So keep up the good work timvp

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who have wondered. I had asked before and he said "I don't know."
    Moving fwd now we know.

Any grades like the ones TIMVP does SHOULD be based on expectations. A B- performance from an All Star shouldn't look the same as a B- performance from a deep bench or situational player. An A performance from a scrub would be a C performance, at best, from a prime Duncan. It's not TIMVP's fault that you only want to read a single letter, and not all the explanatory information he gives. And it's not his fault that you only look at a single column on a box score.

Come to think of it, your whole OP was based on your expectations, wasn't it? May your chickens all die, and your first daughter's bra have three cups. I have spoken.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like OP upset timvp, so we won’t have any grades topics now. Thanks mate !
    If he can’t handle the critics, he shouldn’t do it. Like Ben Simmons isn’t playing for Philly anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can’t handle the critics, he shouldn’t do it. Like Ben Simmons isn’t playing for Philly anymore.
    It is not his first rodeo. He definitely can handle the critics; myself included. Ya’ll expect this man to have have something ready to go after a back to back on a Saturday?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "His write-ups on games are better than any other recaps you’ll find out there."

This +2

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Subjectivity is the end result of ones expectations and topped off with a sprinkle of biases/perceived misconceptions.

You dont need the WII navajo code talkers to decipher that. Its not complicated.
    Of course the grades are this.
    But this is exactly what we expect with sports. There are straight out stats, and the numerous hypothesis about what the stats actually say about a player and a team. This is why we watch the games and discuss. This is what makes sports fun.

Keep the grades going, they generate banter and they are, I believe, a very fair representation most of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His grades are the main reason I come to this site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody's stopping anybody from doing their own grades tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, seriously. Timvp isn’t a basketball coach. You take it for what it’s worth and move on. You give credit to people who take their time to write stuff like that. Kinda like that Hank Chi guy who’s been writing post game comments. It’s better than any low effort complaining most people do here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any grades like the ones TIMVP does SHOULD be based on expectations. A B- performance from an All Star shouldn't look the same as a B- performance from a deep bench or situational player. An A performance from a scrub would be a C performance, at best, from a prime Duncan. It's not TIMVP's fault that you only want to read a single letter, and not all the explanatory information he gives. And it's not his fault that you only look at a single column on a box score.

Come to think of it, your whole OP was based on your expectations, wasn't it? May your chickens all die, and your first daughter's bra have three cups. I have spoken.
    Hey man, good to see you 'round the site again. Was beginning to wonder whether SpursTalk's resident deity had fallen to the Crusades or something...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets put you on this and see how you are in the morning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come to think of it, your whole OP was based on your expectations, wasn't it?
    No.

Nice Strawman attempt tho.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Mul roll;10625326]Lets put you on this and see how you are in the morning.

Im on that go yourself with ur dads dildo this morning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s pretty ing simple if you don’t like reading Tim post game write up then don’t ing open them up and read problem solved. But don’t be a ing KAREN and about another ones work cause your LAZZY ass sure as won’t put in the Work to do what he does I swear Snowflakes always want to and cry over the simplest things

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who have wondered. I had asked before and he said "I don't know."
    Moving fwd now we know.
    I've only been saying it for 19 years or whatever it's been.

Mul roll: What are your grades based on?
    timvp: I don't know.

That sounds like a funny interaction but it didn't happen.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s pretty ing simple if you don’t like reading Tim post game write up then don’t ing open them up and read problem solved. But don’t be a ing KAREN and about another ones work cause your LAZZY ass sure as won’t put in the Work to do what he does I swear Snowflakes always want to and cry over the simplest things
    That‘s not how things work. You all too lazy to be great basketball players, but you’re ing about NBA players on Spurstalk? Or critizise them by throwing bad grades at them? You could also not watch the games if you’re not happy about their effort. You know what I mean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've only been saying it for 19 years or whatever it's been.

Mul roll: What are your grades based on?
    timvp: I don't know.

That sounds like a funny interaction but it didn't happen.
    But it did.

As to you've been saying for 19 years the grades are based on expectation level, if you've posted that i have missed it. Bazillions have posted how can Forbes get a __? If you have posted it i never saw it. I did see your direct answer when i asked about it years ago. Can i find that post? Well i'll try.

Also, not to you timvp but to to the Straws and heavy White Knighters i never did *complain* in the OP about the grades. I also like to read them. I posted eons ago complimenting how fast you get them out and what a challenge it is to comment on every player after a game. Easy to have in our head but try getting it all into "print". So no complaints from me on the efforts, i appreciate your Grades efforts.

As to the based on expectations, if Pop starts Brent Forms 151 games in a row and often paired him with Patty, i don't how in the that gets anything above a D. So to the point, how grades based on Expectations? Because Pop was pulling B's from you on the regular the whole time in the Bryn Forms / Derozan - LMA snail ball era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, it's true-- opinions are subjective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you like the grades now, OP? More to your liking?

Jeez….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP gets an F-

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread has been a curse; i haven't seen grades for the mavs and bucks games and the LA grades were late. i'm missing out on my grades, man!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread has been a curse; i haven't seen grades for the mavs and bucks games and the LA grades were late. i'm missing out on my grades, man!
    yeah really ... what happened?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Game Thread: Spurs at Mavericks — Oct. 28, 2021 - 7:30pm CT - Page 10 (spurstalk.com)

Grades: Spurs vs. Bucks - Oct. 23, 2021 - Page 2 (spurstalk.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    uhh, you do know those are the grades from the first bucks game and the other is just a game thread, right?
    He can't actually read...so I'd say the answer is no.

Thread Information