Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait for the pick and roll ball handler to return from injury. There is a reason those two are besties.
    He had some passes down low that he missed point blank, and several turnovers throwing them out of bounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl started both seasons with us slow. He only came a block party about half way in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joseph Poetle with an astonishing level of futility at the free throw line.

After tonight's 0-2 he's sitting at 3 for 15 for the year.
    20% FT shooting.

This guy is approaching Demare Carroll levels of disastrous contract signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is fking trash, he does nothing on the court, wtf happened, is he injured, did he physically decline all of a sudden

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

20% FT shooting.

is there a Spurs player that deserves the contract money?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is fking trash, he does nothing on the court, wtf happened, is he injured, did he physically decline all of a sudden
    Tim Duncan was helping Poeltl last season, but it looks like that's all faded away now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problem is that Poeltl is a big thats useless in this new NBA, so if the Spurs didnt sign him he wouldnt be missed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

20% FT shooting.

I'd be happy to miss free throws, not rebound and throw up soft shots for a third what they're paying Jakob! Sign me up, RC!!!!

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    love that post-extension decline in the level of play. Always happens after a contract year. Bust your ass to get better stats, get paid, plod through the next few seasons until the next contract year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problem is that Poeltl is a big thats useless in any era, so if the Spurs didnt sign him he wouldnt be missed.
    he's bad at playing basketball, it's that simple.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he played pretty good. True he missed some shots he should've made and true is free throw shooting is bad, you can't airball a free throw. But I thought his defense was great. The Spurs played their best when he was on the court because they got stops and were able to get out in the open court. He needs to be able to contribute something on offense besides just good passing, but his defense was good, especially compared to LMA not being able to do anything on defense in the 4th. Poeltl shouldn've been playing in the 4th when we needed stops, but my guess is he didn't because of his free throw shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be happy to miss free throws, not rebound and throw up soft shots for a third what they're paying Jakob! Sign me up, RC!!!!
    I'll undercut you BillMc. I'll offer to play for a 100th of Poetle contract and promise to hit at least 3 out of 10 FTs for them.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    love that post-extension decline in the level of play. Always happens after a contract year. Bust your ass to get better stats, get paid, plod through the next few seasons until the next contract year.
    Patty and Ilyasova have made themselves wealthy following this model

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Still don't understand how any professional can miss more than half their FTs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll undercut you BillMc. I'll offer to play for a 100th of Poetle contract and promise to hit at least 3 out of 10 FTs for them.
    Ha! Yep, the job is yours. Can't be worse than Jakob and much more salary cap friendly!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if I had a player that said he doesnt even like playing basketball, he wouldnt be on the team. This is just lucky cause he's tall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has outperformed his contract. Just look at his advance stats. They are the #1 on the whole team. Poetl plays amazing defense. His offensive game has improved so much and he has shown that it will only continue to improve. Just watch when White gets back the dude will average 12 and 10 and 2 blocks a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has outperformed his contract. Just look at his advance stats. They are the #1 on the whole team. Poetl plays amazing defense. His offensive game has improved so much and he has shown that it will only continue to improve. Just watch when White gets back the dude will average 12 and 10 and 2 blocks a game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still don't understand how any professional can miss more than half their FTs.
    The part that amazes me is that most of them barely reach the rim. WTF were the Spurs thinking bring back a plodding center in this era of basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An absolute horrible contract for a spot playing backup center. The only upside is after this season theyre only two season left

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is a bum! Freaking lost all confidence. Like monstar losing basketball skills overnight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't stand this guy. I don't care what the advanced stats say. I'd be able to hit 80%+ of my free throws at a fraction of the cost, and if I had his size, I'd also easily be just as good, if not a better defender and a superior rebounder. This guy got lucky with his size. And all those guys saying he needs White, that's not really what it should be based on. You can't be that co-dependent on another player to make you look like a competent NBA player. If a player can't perform without another player, then what good is that player, really? Looks like he's a mental weakling. His free throws tell the story. There is not even any fans in the building and he's shooting one of the worse free throw percentages in NBA history. Think about how shocking that is.
    Last edited by Ice009; 01-15-2021 at 07:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't stand this guy. I don't care what the advanced stats say. I'd be able to hit 80%+ of my free throws at a fraction of the cost, and if I had his size, I'd also easily be just as good, if not a better defender and a superior rebounder. This guy got lucky with his size. And all those guys saying he needs White, that's not really what is should be based on. You can't be that co-dependent on another player to make you look like a competent NBA player. If a player can't perform without another player, then what good is that player really? Looks like he's a mental weakling. His free throws tell the story. There is not even any fans in the building and he's shooting one of the worse free throw percentages in NBA history. Think about how shocking that is.
    lol this, i love how some guys think this is really a valid argument

Thread Information