Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atleast spurs can still draft. Some of that rc mojo has to rub off on BW right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    semen shielders gonna semen shield

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Reddit is a cesspool of homers and re s,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did give me a great avatar though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did give me a great avatar though.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright, I will admit, is making moves. Or at least he’s involved in stuff. Losing Dieng (and playing Eubanks over him, even after the shoulder healed) now makes sense with Jock coming over. I like getting the second round picks. Forbes is enough to ruin any off-season but it doesn’t seem they’re done. So, ok, you son of a . I’m not in, but a few steps away from the ledge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad, that's the job.

If you want easy, don't work in sports. I'm sure he could go be a manager of a GNC and not have to answer to such entrenched power.
    You're usually on the money, but this is irrational drivel.

He almost certainly doesn't have autonomy nor a path to it and there's nothing he can do about it. They all deserve blame, but absolving those above him is absurd.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At people pretending Wright has autonomy and is alone in this.
    I think everyone knows who's truly pulling the strings down at the Spurs' FO.....

Thanks timvp!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright's latest success story seems to be (based on realgm future picks detailed page) ... Managing to leverage a sign and trade with the Pacers, who wanted the trade exception, into a deal where it's entirely possible the Spurs could send a second rounder without getting any picks in return. Not a high chance, but non-zero.

So since so many want to excuse every move he makes because he's a helpless innocent with zero power, who is to be held responsible for this new mess?

Which elderly sleepy individual is the real culprit here? Who dares keep Wright from getting a guaranteed second rounder in return?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its like the spurs literally cant make a deal where they dont look incompetent

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright's latest success story seems to be (based on realgm future picks detailed page) ... Managing to leverage a sign and trade with the Pacers, who wanted the trade exception, into a deal where it's entirely possible the Spurs could send a second rounder without getting any picks in return. Not a high chance, but non-zero.

So since so many want to excuse every move he makes because he's a helpless innocent with zero power, who is to be held responsible for this new mess?

Which elderly sleepy individual is the real culprit here? Who dares keep Wright from getting a guaranteed second rounder in return?
    He should be fired if that pick conveys. If we are a top 5 regular season team in 2 years and we give a pick to IND when we are doing them a favor, oh man. We would be the most incompetent FO in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone in another thread suggested the Zollins signing could actually be a trade involving Thad Young. Good lord. How many ways can they destroy their assets. It’s stunning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Saying their predicament is not 100% or primarily on probably still the third most powerful voice in basketball ops does not equate to this . . . but why let facts get in the way of blaming the perceived black man?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does our first round pick play like Ollie?

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone in another thread suggested the Zollins signing could actually be a trade involving Thad Young. Good lord. How many ways can they destroy their assets. It’s stunning.
    Giving up a 2nd in order to do the Pacers a favor is bad. Giving up Thad Young in order to sign Zollins, a white scrub that's played 11 games in the past two years is even worse. Combine this with the Forbes signing and this is a joke of an off-season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should be fired if that pick conveys. If we are a top 5 regular season team in 2 years and we give a pick to IND when we are doing them a favor, oh man. We would be the most incompetent FO in the league.
    Do you even read what you are writing before you post? If we are a top 5 team in the league in 2 years how can you say we have the most incompetent FO in the league. I hope like that does happen. It would indicate one of the BEST FO in the league to go from lottery to top 5 in 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying their predicament is not 100% or primarily on probably still the third most powerful voice in basketball ops does not equate to this . . . but why let facts get in the way of blaming the perceived black man?
    The problem is there aren’t a lot of facts, just results, or the lack thereof. But I’m trying to understand your position: the FO is horrible, but don’t blame the GM?

I agree he isn’t the only decision maker, just like most NBA teams, with owners and others chiming in. But I don’t sense opposition to Wright is because of his race. I definitely hope it’s not that. To me it’s a continuation of frustration that has been the same for a while before he came along. I mean, if he can’t shoulder some blame than that argument has racial tones as well. Regardless, I started this thread to gripe about the FO as he is the ular leader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team has all our draft picks added one, is not capped out and people, who aren't experts in cap nuance, are ing about a second round pick? Grow the up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, you wanted to spend the spurs capspace on hookers and cocaine, but brian wright stopped you and said "i need the money for a pick swap"?

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's ask a different question - what did Pop see out of Wright that made him think he was the guy for the Spurs to hire?

Let's take a look at Wright's draft picks while in Detroit:

2015 -

Round 1, pick 8: Stanley Johnson
    Round 2, pick 38: Darrun Hilliard

2016 -

Round 1, pick 18 - Henry Ellenson
    Round 2, pick 49 - Michael Gbinije

Ellenson's still in the league, a career 4 points, 2.5 boards guy on his sixth team.

Johnson's still in the league, on his fifth team, a career 6 and 3 guy.

The other two guys washed out after two seasons or less.

Okay Pop, what is it we are supposed to see that justified you hiring this guy and then giving him the keys to the Spurs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is there aren’t a lot of facts, just results, or the lack thereof. But I’m trying to understand your position: the FO is horrible, but don’t blame the GM?

I agree he isn’t the only decision maker, just like most NBA teams, with owners and others chiming in. But I don’t sense opposition to Wright is because of his race. I definitely hope it’s not that. To me it’s a continuation of frustration that has been the same for a while before he came along. I mean, if he can’t shoulder some blame than that argument has racial tones as well. Regardless, I started this thread to gripe about the FO as he is the ular leader.
    I've already explained the facts and my position in this thread. The fact is that the way it works in the NBA, the majority stakeholder (if they're meddlesome) and/or president of basketball ops have autonomy. The GM does a lot of the leg work.

Everyone with any ounce of say or sway deserves some of the blame, just make sure to ration the portions correctly (100% on the likely third in command doesn't compute).

There's clearly been a bunch of racially motivated comments.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By removing him from any of the responsibility, you are stealing all of his credit to give to others.

I've already posted several times in the other threads, that if Primo hits like a star or Jock becomes a good player, those are credits belonging to Wright. Maybe there were other voices in the room like any move, but I'm going to give the credit to Wright, certainly the lion-sized share of it. His term, his credit.

If you want to steal that credit to give it to others, that's you.

I will give Wright the credit or blame due the power of his le and office.

And if people above him want to make the wrong move that he doesn't believe in, it's his job to change their minds and do what he knows is best for the team, because he's the one out talking to the media, he's the one who will have that transaction to his name in the record books. Jerry Jones is the owner and gm of the Cowboys, and he was set on taking Johnny Manzel in the first round, but the subordinates did their job and talked him out of it.

Thread Information