Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like there’s jack left to discuss. The only remaining question mark seems to be which two players will get excised from the team.

People mention Hutchison and Aminu, but that’s a good deal of money. People mention Eubanks and Landale but that feels idiotic.

I would think Young should be traded immediately but Pop may actually start him to help him get his needed wins.

Thoughts?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like there’s jack left to discuss. The only remaining question mark seems to be which two players will get excised from the team.

People mention Hutchison and Aminu, but that’s a good deal of money. People mention Eubanks and Landale but that feels idiotic.

I would think Young should be traded immediately but Pop may actually start him to help him get his needed wins.

Thoughts?
    Young should absolutely be traded. I’m very doubtful it happens (the Spurs are not tanking, despite what the morons claim).

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s true. They’re losing more than tanking. Forbes is the poster boy of that strategy.

Let’s say Young is traded. Then who? Hutchison is hated everywhere he’s played. But he has that congenial smile that Brian Wright likes, and it’s not impossible that Pop somehow likes him. I mean, he could be the next Lyles. Do I want that to happen? Of course not. But maybe they want to drag this out to training camp to up the compe ion.

I think they should trade Young for a pick if possible and stretch Hutchison, but that seems too obvious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trades are more likely to exacerbate the roster crunch than improve it. Eubanks, Samanic and even SOB are fighting with Aminu and Hutch for spots.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cut forbes and lonnie and call it a day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs may not want to tank, but their roster says otherwise seriously, Spurs might have the least talented roster in the entire league this season

Trade Young. Cut/waive Hutch imo

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seriously, Spurs might have the least talented roster in the entire league this season

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depending of the trade it might really be “The Trading Block: Which Three For One?”

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Acknowledge the sunk cost, cut Forbes.

Hutch was never going to be on the team either so cut him too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs may not want to tank, but their roster says otherwise seriously, Spurs might have the least talented roster in the entire league this season

Trade Young. Cut/waive Hutch imo
    But they are all good character guys who try hard.

Sarcasm aside...if you are going to tank, this roster has all the signs. A bunch of guys who fans will like, but at the end of the day we are outgunned at every turn.

Spurs will pretend like they are trying to stay compe ive, but at this point that could mean 15 wins or 40 wins, but I'm taking the under at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To answer OP's question, I think Hutchison and Aminu are the first to go barring some other crazy trade before training camp. Eubanks has tenure, Landale has previous connections via Mills, and I think the Spurs are genuinely interested in trying to use Young if they can't flip him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thoughts?
    Hutchison won’t play here. He’s been a problem child at both stops to date. Spurs Twitter didn’t welcome him. He’ll either be salary ballast, or he’ll be waived.

I think it’s likely that Young is traded. He has value, and his advanced stats range from passable to pretty good. If we can’t find a taker before the season, he’ll play. He’ll probably have to come off the bench, though, as a DJ, Thad, Poodle grouping would kill spacing.

I think if it comes down to cuts, it will be Hutchison, and one of Eubanks or Landale, because cheap. Hopefully, we can make a many to few trade to compress the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m thinking barring a trade it will be Hutchison and Aminu. Would be nice to move Walker and Thad for a 1st round pick. I see no value in stock piling 2nd round pics. We are going to start having trouble trimming the roster every year if we keep the current strategy in place.

It will be frustrating from December when we buy out Thad to join a contender. This has to be on Sours fans minds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m thinking barring a trade it will be Hutchison and Aminu. Would be nice to move Walker and Thad for a 1st round pick. I see no value in stock piling 2nd round pics. We are going to start having trouble trimming the roster every year if we keep the current strategy in place.

It will be frustrating from December when we buy out Thad to join a contender. This has to be on Sours fans minds.
    Knicks got Harkless, a first and a second for Marcus Morris, and you think we need to give up two players for a first? I think if the deadline rolls around, and a contender wants Thad, he alone can pull a first, although with a contender, it will be a late first.

Aminu makes $10M. That’s way too expensive to cut. Hutch is only $4M, so you can safely slot him as a cut.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they'll keep Hutchinson and whoever else through camp until cutdowns, if only to save a little bit of money on camp bodies. They're already having to pay them anyway, so why how blow another 5 figures on camp body scrubs who won't make the team either?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Training camp could be a bloodbath, like the days of old.
    If we don’t make a trade with these extra assets, I’m all for making it super compe ive in camp.
    Maybe someone sticks maybe not, but, the stakes are high among the young guns and it’s time to up the ante a bit.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish it was Forbes and Wright

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish it was Forbes and Wright

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "General Manager" seems in over his head to me. This team will do well to win 30 games assuming we have an 82 game schedule, which is not a given with today's environment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks got Harkless, a first and a second for Marcus Morris, and you think we need to give up two players for a first? I think if the deadline rolls around, and a contender wants Thad, he alone can pull a first, although with a contender, it will be a late first.

Aminu makes $10M. That’s way too expensive to cut. Hutch is only $4M, so you can safely slot him as a cut.
    Marcus Morris was plying his best basketball of his career for the Knicks that year and the Clippers were desperate. I think you’d have to either attach a young asset or take back a longer contract to get a first round for Thad. I guess we will see where the market is come Feb, too early to speculate now. Would be very happy if we got did a 1st for Thad straight up.

I agree on Hutch. Aminu may very well be given a chance as Spurs reclamation project as he still has a couple of years to turn things around. 10m is alot to eat but we have some precedence these last few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps we can do a sign and trade for Markkanen after all? The market is dry and he wants out. Maybe there is a deal to be had here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Package Pop n Bryn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Morris was plying his best basketball of his career for the Knicks that year and the Clippers were desperate. I think you’d have to either attach a young asset or take back a longer contract to get a first round for Thad. I guess we will see where the market is come Feb, too early to speculate now. Would be very happy if we got did a 1st for Thad straight up.

I agree on Hutch. Aminu may very well be given a chance as Spurs reclamation project as he still has a couple of years to turn things around. 10m is alot to eat but we have some precedence these last few years.
    Unless it's like the oft discussed Suns hypothetical (Saric, Smith, top 20 protected '23 1st), I'm skepical too. Can't shoot and it's difficult to find expendable matching salary on would be interested teams. I wouldn't be surprised if the best they can do is Prince and 2 2nds (Timberwolves and Wizards).

They're no strangers to having dead money on their books. Barring another move, he's the obvious candidate as an expensive veteran bereft a current role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to see trading anyone we just signed. Think Young probably gets to show what he still has in the tank. Amino is probably the first obvious contract to eject, however it becomes tricky after that since we will still have to pay them even if we cut them. Its the Demarre Carroll situation all over again. However at least two players will have to be let go or somehow traded to start the season. Whomever goes is anybody's guess at this point. As we all know, the spurs front office moves don't always make sense.
    Last edited by jjspur; 08-26-2021 at 08:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps we can do a sign and trade for Markkanen after all? The market is dry and he wants out. Maybe there is a deal to be had here?
    I'd explore it but it seems the Spurs were already down this road and the problem is twofold:
    1. He wants too much,
    2. but what's worse is that Chicago wants a first round pick for him. He's not worth that on top of what he wants $

Thread Information