Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will be interesting to see how much experimenting Pop does in these final games as opposed to really going for wins and trying to get that #1 seed
    I can't see him doing as much down the stretch. I feel like he does most of that stuff during the first half of the season. By this point, we know what guys are playing, and it should be all about continuity and chemistry.

If we have any scheduling issues like 3 games in 4 nights I could see him resting guys. But hopefully we don't have many of those left

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors' shooting coming down at the wrong time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the posters acting like it was an absolute impossibility to catch GS, and that thinking it was possible made you a blind homer

just got their pushed in by Bulls who weren't even playing well
    There's a guy named Kevin Durant who is injured and is kind of a big deal in the league...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like all these fans who have like two-year memories. The Spurs have very often closed seasons on strong notes. 21-3 isn't particularly hard to think about seeing as the average March during the Kawhi era is 12.6-2.6 and the average for the last three Marches is 13.7-2. That's the kind of record that could put the Spurs in the one seed going into the final two weeks. I don't think Pop would give up HCA just to be cute.
    Cheers to closing the season on a winning streak!

When we do that, we do well in the playoffs. Remember how crappy we played during that one reg season and then we went in that insane 20+ run to end the season and all the way to the Conf Finals

But, to be honest, the fact that we have won only one playoff series in the past two years makes me a very nervous Spurs fan.

I think our team needs to go into the playoffs on a winning streak as they have traditionally done !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPAM!

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    There's a guy named Kevin Durant who is injured and is kind of a big deal in the league...
    I was referring to the fact that he's out for a month...thus Spurs have a chance now. There were posts saying we still had zero shot. Was referring to that.

thought it was obvious. I'd agree we literally had zero shot at #1 seed before...still think it's extremely unlikely...but there's a chance now.
    Last edited by John Petrucci; 03-03-2017 at 01:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be a Champion, you have to be prepared to beat any other team in the league. Beating a full-strength GS team on the road is a tough task, but the Spurs do have the best road record in the league. The Spurs can either beat GSW, or they can't.

For me, the best part of seeing the Dubs playing without Durant during the regular season will be seeing if Kerr is really the great coach he's been made out to be. It's one thing if you have a stacked team, and you just send out your superstars to do what they do. Let's see him cobble together a 70-win team without that.

And by that, what I really mean is lets see him fall on his ass. Here's to you, Kerr - good luck with that.
    We already saw how GSW relied on coaches when Kerr had his surgery, they were like 45-4 or something like that, and now we can see how awesome of a coach Fluke Waldo is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was referring to the fact that he's out for a month...thus Spurs have a chance now.

thought it was obvious. I'd agree we literally had zero shot at #1 seed before
    You were mocking them for losing to a Bulls team we've lost to at full-strength

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    You were mocking them for losing to a Bulls team we've lost to at full-strength
    we tend to do things like that. Hopefully we don't anymore for rest of season

also you're moving goalposts. My point is is that it's not ridiculous to think we can catch them now that Durant is injured, tonight's Dubs loss supports that even if it's a small sample size...thus me at ppl still acting like it's impossible.
    Last edited by John Petrucci; 03-03-2017 at 01:18 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring anything horrible, I think the Spurs will go into April with a realistic chance of catching GS. Hopefully, Pop lets him team decide what they want to do rather than just trying to force a rest culture on them. In the very least, forcing GS to bring KD back too early would be worth it.
    With the Spurs only 2 games back of the Warriors in the loss column and two head-to-head matchups in San Antonio looming this month (both of which will be on the 2nd night of a back-to-back for Golden State), we could very well have the #1 seed by the end of March.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry, Draymond, Thompson and the rest of the guys that have been winning games at an 85% rate on the last three seasons aren't going 16 and 6 in their last 22 games.
    That was also with Barnes. He was replaced with KD and now they won't have either for at least a month. Defending McCaw, Iggy, Livingston, and whomever see's increased playing time in his void, is much easier.

Also with KD out, their defense should slip and that 85% rate also included players like Bogut and Elizi, both of whom have been replaced by McGee, Zaza, and D. West ( all three of whom are a drop off in terms of rim protection)

16-6 (16-5 with the loss to the bulls) seems fairly reasonable considering OP mentioned that two of those loses that he factored in was by the Spurs. Houston should win at least one of their two remaining games against GSW. OKC and @ Dallas on a B2B could be potential loses as well.

It's not entirely impossible that that might happen.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    That was also with Barnes. He was replaced with KD and now they won't have either for at least a month. Defending McCaw, Iggy, Livingston, and whomever see's increased playing time in his void, is much easier.

Also with KD out, their defense should slip and that 85% rate also included players like Bogut and Elizi, both of whom have been replaced by McGee, Zaza, and D. West ( all three of whom are a drop off in terms of rim protection)

16-6 (16-5 with the loss to the bulls) seems fairly reasonable considering OP mentioned that two of those loses that he factored in was by the Spurs. Houston should win at least one of their two remaining games against GSW. OKC and @ Dallas on a B2B could be potential loses as well.

It's not entirely impossible that that might happen.
    Nice post. Yea it's unlikely, but it could add some fun drama and intensity to the end of a pretty damn boring season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the posters acting like it was an absolute impossibility to catch GS, and that thinking it was possible made you a blind homer

just got their pushed in by Bulls who weren't even playing well
    Warriors were playing their 3rd game in 4th nights. First game after finding out they won't have KD for a while. Spurs barely escaped the Pacers last night thanks to a missed called. Everything has to go right for the Spurs to get the first seed. I hope it does, but chances are it won't, tbh.

So yeah, it's almost impossible for the Spurs to get the 1st seed.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Warriors were playing their 3rd game in 4th nights. First game after findig out they won't have KD for a while. Spurs barely escaped the Pacers last night thanks to a missed called. Everything has to go right for the Spurs to get the first seed. I hope it does, but chances are it won't, tbh.

So yeah, it's almost impossible for the Spurs to get the 1st seed.
    I think the fact that we get to play them two more times makes it slightly possible. We do have to be absolutely incredible down the stretch of course. Just don't see why it's so impossible. I'm usually a huge pessimist when it comes to the Spurs, too

Would I bet on us? no. Just think there's a shot. Hoping it takes a good while for Warriors to find their rhythm without KD, but won't be a bit surprised if they find it pretty quickly.

Also we didn't win that game thanks to a missed call. That would never be called in any NBA game.
    Last edited by John Petrucci; 03-03-2017 at 01:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the fact that we get to play them two more times makes it slightly possible. We do have to be absolutely incredible down the stretch of course. Just don't see why it's so impossible. I'm usually a huge pessimist when it comes to the Spurs, too

Would I bet on us? no. Just think there's a shot. Hoping it takes a good while for Warriors to find their rhythm without KD, but won't be a bit surprised if they find it pretty quickly.
    It is obviously not impossible, but it's highly unlikely, tbh. Chances are we don't even win the two games remaining against them. Teams of that caliber don't lose 3 straight times against the same team, tbh.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Also we didn't win that game thanks to a missed call. That would never be called in any NBA game.
    The road still goes through GS because the Spurs will drop one of the first two home games per part. I wonder when the last time the Spurs had the number 1 seed and won the championship?

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    It is obviously not impossible, but it's highly unlikely, tbh. Chances are we don't even win the two games remaining against them. Teams of that caliber don't lose 3 straight times against the same team, tbh.
    Without a top 5 player they gutted their depth for they might.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The road still goes through GS because the Spurs will drop one of the first two home games per part. I wonder when the last time the Spurs had the number 1 seed and won the championship?
    2014. You shouldn't have wondered at all, tbh

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    2014. You shouldn't have wondered at all, tbh
    Miami

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami what? You ing troll.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    The road still goes through GS because the Spurs will drop one of the first two home games per part.
    So true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry but I missed the moment when Hoops Czar started acting like a Spurs fan, can anybody tell me when that happened, tbh?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Miami what? You ing troll.
    They still lost hca twice in the playoffs that year and had to gain it back you Messi er and they aren't even 1/3 as good. If they lose hca to GSM, they won’t get it back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They still lost hca twice in the playoffs that year and had to gain it back you Messi er and they aren't even 1/3 as good. If they lose hca to GSM, they won’t get it back.
    If they aren't even 1/3 as good they better at least have more games at home than away, don't you think? You ing moron.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    If they aren't even 1/3 as good they better at least have more games at home than away, don't you think? You ing moron.
    The Spurs are 2-4 in the postseason the last two seasons discounting the D-league Grizzlies series. Within those two playoff series in which they lost (LAC, OKC), the Spurs lost HCA 4 times. I'm not sure the Spurs would know what do with HCA even if they were to secure it.
    They've had their chance you ing cyclops. Do you watch postseason games with one eye shut? They play better on the road than they do at home in the playoffs. Why would I want them to play more games at home than on the road?

Thread Information