Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prefer he increase his value to the rest of the league tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That flexibility gives both him and the Spurs a lot of options. If San Antonio falls out of playoff contention this season, it can shop him to contenders for young players and future picks. His expiring salary ($27.7 million) would fit into the trade exception that Boston acquired for Gordon Hayward. The Celtics could package someone like Romeo Langford or Aaron Nesmith and a first-round pick for DeRozan, who would fit well next to Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown. Conversely, if the Spurs don’t want to fully rebuild, they could let Aldridge walk in the offseason, re-sign DeRozan, and prioritize defense at center.
    I thought it was LMA who fits that trade exception from Boston?

DeMar playing well is win-win to all fans.

For DeMar haters:
    -He's raising his trade value, we could get good return on a sign and trade or a trade at the deadline
    -He could be raising his value to the point it's above the Spurs' price range if they wished to re-sign him

For those neutral on DeMar:
    -His unselfish play and newfound capability of shooting 3's will help the team stay compe ive
    -He's raising his trade value, we could get good return on a sign and trade or a trade at the deadline
    -He could be raising his value to the point it's above the Spurs' price range if they wished to re-sign him

Don't know anyone who actually loves DeMar, but for those people:
    -You get to watch him play well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool. Hopefully he can continue expanding his game on another team next season

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s cool to see him get this recognition. I don’t see anything to complain about here. He’s making 3s!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked when I thought Daboom was gone. Ignorance is bliss sometimes I suppose.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was LMA who fits that trade exception from Boston?

DeMar playing well is win-win to all fans.

For DeMar haters:

For those neutral on DeMar:
    -His unselfish play and newfound capability of shooting 3's will help the team stay compe ive

That’s a good proposed trade with BOS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked when I thought Daboom was gone. Ignorance is bliss sometimes I suppose.
    It seems like timvp is lifting the ban on all these old posters. They're all coming out of the woodwork.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have zero complaints about DDR this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If DeMar can continue to be even a decent three-point shooter, then he is better than anything the Spurs will be able to find on the open market right now.

That was the only flaw major to his game and would turn him from an inefficient volume scorer to an All-Star or better.

Anyone who thinks otherwise just has blinders on and wants to be a hater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If DeMar can continue to be even a decent three-point shooter, then he is better than anything the Spurs will be able to find on the open market right now.

That was the only flaw major to his game and would turn him from an inefficient volume scorer to an All-Star or better.

I mean he's still a complete black hole on defense and God-awful at decision-making at the end of games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have trouble praising Demar when I keep my eyes open (unlike some people here) when the Spurs are on the defensive side of the court and want to bash my head in when I see DeMar’s deficiencies. He’s not a Harden type of talent to forgive his flaws on defense. Go get $25 + mil a year on the wrong side of 30 from some other team next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's also a below average defender and would take away touches (especially crunch time touches) from Derrick when he's back. I also think the money can be better spent elsewhere, either on other Free Agents next summer or to keep some of the developing young guys.

I like Demar as a person, wish him well in his career. He's been a consummate professional since he arrived in SA. I think he could be part of a championship team if he was 3rd banana to a couple of top 25 players as well. But there really isn't a $ figure where I'd like to see him back with the club next year tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean he's still a complete black hole on defense and God-awful at decision-making at the end of games.
    Like when he picks up his dribble 18 ft out looking for a teammate to bail him out only to ask for the ball again, repeat the same and it ends with a contested fade-away or a teammate hoisting an inefficient, contested shot with time winding down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Johnson is a full-time four, the Spurs don't have a reason to not want DeRozan long term. If they do what I hope they do and find a young PF with real size and scoring, then it's harder to see DMDR fitting. We'll see. The team's youth is still sorting itself into keepers and trade bait, and that could continue for a while yet as they draft more guys over the upcoming years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't need to try to call me out got.
    I love you, baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have TheDrewShow back than all these wannabe third rate trolls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give him a $17 mil/yr with an incentive of $50 million if he makes an All Defensive team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who else do you think the Spurs should spent their money on then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keeping their own young talent and taking on bad contracts for picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't love Demar, but his unselfish plays and willingness to shoot the 3's have helped our young guns' development. You have to agree, Demar never complained nor asked to be traded, when you hear of Harden, Westbrook, CP3, Davis, PG... Demar has been the good soldier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is a good player. He is not worth what he is making. He is also unreliable in crunch time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So u value numbers over impact... someone like u would prefer Harden, westbrook or Melo over Ginobili

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't love Demar, but his unselfish plays and willingness to shoot the 3's have helped our young guns' development. You have to agree, Demar never complained nor asked to be traded, when you hear of Harden, Westbrook, CP3, Davis, PG... Demar has been the good soldier.
    He demands the ball in crunch time like he is some closer and doesn't deliver...the ball needs to be in the hands of our young guys who actually factor into our long term plans so they can learn how to close...DeMar is over 30 and still can't close or play defense...he isn't suddenly gonna change his stripes...it's all downhill from here with a big contract on top of it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't have to settle for someone that has negative impact just because they have a big name...denver would never take westbrook over Jamal murray even tho westbrook puts up better numbers...sometimes you have to choose role and fit for team over the big name

Thread Information