Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Spurs are going to sign a forward tomorrow. Feels like the best move for the rotation at this point. If this is going to just be the team going forward, you can't just expect to get by with a nine-man rotation.

I also expect Pop to play two bigs as much as possible.

You're gonna see Mills playing 15-20 mins a game at PF and you're going to like it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I truly wonder if any of these players who tested positive will have their long term health compromised (thus affecting their career) since we don't really know the long term effects of COVID yet...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have not heard reports of loss of abilities or effects prohibiting play. I seem to recall a professional soccer player dying.

Quite a few folks have had it. Wait-i seem to recall Bamba did not do so well with the recovery.

Any others?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum recently said he is still experiencing stamina and breathing issues with it so who knows

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum recently said he is still experiencing stamina and breathing issues with it so who knows
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nba.nbc...breathing/amp/

That's so ed how the NBA would compromise its players like this. I guess they gave them a choice... Millions of dollars and a risk of ing up your health or no millions of dollars.

What would you do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this derails the Spurs's season I can see Q ending up more hated than Jeff Ayres and Joff Lauvergne put together

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's so ed how the NBA would compromise its players like this. I guess they gave them a choice... Millions of dollars and a risk of ing up your health or no millions of dollars.

What would you do?
    It's not shocking; they are like any other corporation. Corporations by nature don't care about the safety of their employees and won't make the effort to care unless they are regulated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this derails the Spurs's season I can see Q ending up more hated than Jeff Ayres and Joff Lauvergne put together
    High chance the Spurs go to the lottery because of his stunt. It's hard for a young team to build chemistry and cohesion. He disrupted the chemistry the Spurs had took a while to build with his stunt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His stunt? We don't know where Q got it but he didn't let himself back on the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus...instead of netting some easy wins against cupcake teams and fluffing our W/L record, we now have half of our team and mostly our best rotation players out thanks to that re that foul out in 10 minutes what a turn of events
    There is no proof Weatherspoon brought COVID to the team. Actually it’s told he has never been positive :

https://airalamo.com/2021/02/22/san-...vid-protocols/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see what you did there. Good one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no proof Weatherspoon brought COVID to the team. Actually it’s told he has never been positive :

Hey, don’t try to confuse the issue. Why would he foul out faster than a TP9 lay up if he didn’t have COVID?

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What would you do?
    You look for a bit of perspective .

there essential workers out there who dont have the choice,get paid pittance in comparison and are forced to work. Got no choice or savings to fall back on if they were to quit.

Also, blame bloody Quincy for infecting them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, don’t try to confuse the issue. Why would he foul out faster than a TP9 lay up if he didn’t have COVID?
    And I’m the one confusing others ? ��

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thinking that Pop will go with a rotation of starting of with:

DJM
    T. Jones
    LW4
    LMA
    Jakob

1st sub (if no foul trouble) will be Patty in for T. Jones around the 7 minute mark. Followed by Lyles for LMA around the 5 minute mark because of game shape (LMA usually subs out around the end of the 1st Qtr but may be winded just coming back). Pop is not going to bench LMA and can't afford to bench Jakob due to his defense (note that Jakob lately has been logging huge minutes sometimes playing the entire 1st Qtr of games). Eubanks will sub in for Jak and Luka for LW4 around the 9 minute mark. There will be a 9 man rotation with K. Diop being the odd man out unless either Eubanks, Lyles or Luka doesn't show well in their initial playing time. T. Jones will sub back in for DJM around the 11 minute mark of the 1st Qtr. Whomever is playing well throughout the game will close the 4th Qtr along with DJM, Patty, LW4 and Jakob.

Closing lineup:

DJM
    Patty
    LW4
    ?
    Jakob

Hopefully Luka plays well and hitting some 3's. If so plug him in to the 4 spot too close the game and if not roll with either of the other players at the 4 spot to close the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Eubanks or Lyles get hurt, I think Samanic is only being called up for depth and to have the required 8 or more bodies.

I doubt he sees much time & people should be tempering their expectations, but this is ST, so that won't happen.
    He might get some time at SF, the current roster is short on the wing DjM, Mills, Lonnie and TJ would not be able to fill the 3 positions for 48 mins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It would be really weird that he was out 1 game before the rest and is still out due to protocol if he did not catch it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this hate towards Q without evidence it was for sure him is ridiculous and shows how stupid people are. Reminds me of the Salam Witch Trials. Y'all are just quick to assume .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this hate towards Q without evidence it was for sure him is ridiculous and shows how stupid people are. Reminds me of the Salam Witch Trials. Y'all are just quick to assume .
    you should already know how ST works.

No one knows or could prove it was Q. Might have been some of the staff and not a player at all. However, precisely because you could never find out who it was with certainty , it'll be Q who'll take the blame regardless.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is no real point wasting time on trying to figure out who brought it in.
    let's just agree to all blame Q. it saves a lot of time, and as we do it without any evidence, he wouldn't need to have any hard feelings about it.

professional scapegoat

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I miss Spurs bball, when the f.ck are we gonna play again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question did we set the all time covid 19 postponement record?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve never seen a postponement like this before

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question did we set the all time covid 19 postponement record?
    No. The Memphis (or was it Wizards? maybe both) postponement were longer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have not heard reports of loss of abilities or effects prohibiting play. I seem to recall a professional soccer player dying.

Quite a few folks have had it. Wait-i seem to recall Bamba did not do so well with the recovery.

Any others?
    Tatum and Townsend both complained about still feeling the effects so it's always possible. Not sure if genetics plays a factor but the degree of the viral load one was exposed to certainly can play a role in the severity of the disease.

Thread Information