Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Pop's going to be too obsessed with trust this year. He let Tony walk and apparently did not convince Manu to stay on. He knows it's time to move on. If White is a better player than Mills, he will play. I also think that if Murray doesn't improve, he's not going to be considered one of the vets. He was hot and cold last year rather than consistently solid. Those types of players aren't regular closers. If Murray does improve, however, then he'll likely be the third-best player on the team and would definitely close unless his shot is just too bad.
    I expect Murray will show that consistency and White will play hot and cold. That is the way it seems to go most of the time when they move to regular minutes in the show. White, then will be one of the go to guys next year. I expect Walker and Metu the year after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BobbyMarks42

16 out of the 23 players signed are under contract for 2+ years with Chimezie Metu in San Antonio being the latest to join the list. The Metu contract is guaranteed for two years ($838K and $1.4M) with $0 protection in year 3 (has partial trigger dates).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chim's agent got him a very good deal. Really surprised SA didn't get a team option for a fourth year if they were going to guarantee two. Then again, they probably could have upped this year's payout in order to get that second-year non-guaranteed if that were a priority. To put it into perspective, Blair's deal was also guaranteed for the first two seasons, but they had two more non-guaranteed years rather than just the one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor man's Marvin Bagley

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BobbyMarks42

16 out of the 23 players signed are under contract for 2+ years with Chimezie Metu in San Antonio being the latest to join the list. The Metu contract is guaranteed for two years ($838K and $1.4M) with $0 protection in year 3 (has partial trigger dates).
    Hmmm... I guess he's going straight to D-league to master his craft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... I guess he's going straight to D-league to master his craft.
    Makes sense. Too many guys to play already. Will be interesting to see how Pop handles the 3 spot this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mezi will be a star, book it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine this is actually true, but sportac claims Metu was signed with the BAE and that his contract is 3/$10.653.300 . . .

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-anto...ie-metu-27015/

This not only makes no sense (2nd rounders are usually signed at or near the minimum), but refutes a Pincus tweet (that inexplicably won't post) from August 29th saying a portion of the BAE went to Cunningham and that $895K is left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine this is actually true, but sportac claims Metu was signed with the BAE and that his contract is 3/$10.653.300 . . .

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-anto...ie-metu-27015/

This not only makes no sense (2nd rounders are usually signed at or near the minimum), but refutes a Pincus tweet (that inexplicably won't post) from August 29th saying a portion of the BAE went to Cunningham and that $895K is left.
    The LLE/BAE can only be for two years. So it's not true. In fact that whole table is messed up. If I had to guess $3.4 Million is the total value, not his starting value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The LLE/BAE can only be for two years. So it's not true. In fact that whole table is messed up. If I had to guess $3.4 Million is the total value, not his starting value.
    Yeah, I thought so.

I believe the 3 year minimum for 2nd rounders this year is: $838, 464K, $1.588, 231M, $1.663, 861M. He probably received that, with the first 2 years guaranteed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu Gepetobili

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Had his jumper going in this game. Hopefully time in the GLeague will serve him well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks more and more comfortable in g league. His first games were not that good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking good, excited about the younger players the spurs are collecting

Thread Information