Page 40 of 95 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2371
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I still think he has a bright future but Wiseman hasn’t passed the eye test for me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Health and safety protocol?

Or Health and TRADE protocol?

HmmMmMmmMMMmm....

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I could get him for a 1st I'd be ok with it
    Absolutely worth it. I think it would cost a 1st and two significant young rotation players though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a dumpster fire
    What?! I thought there's been accolades all season about him being the real deal. Hadn't watched any GS games, so that's a shock.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Health and safety protocol?

Or Health and TRADE protocol?

HmmMmMmmMMMmm....
    You're grasping for straws, we like what we have.

I fully expect no trades to be made. LMA will get waived and we won't sign another big because Drew dominated the Pistons.

Rudy will walk in the summer and Patty will get another 3 year deal.

What?! I thought there's been accolades all season about him being the real deal. Hadn't watched any GS games, so that's a shock.
    Him ting on LMA got you fooled.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd have zero interest in Thompson or doing a favor for the Celtics and (another) for the Raptors by something like Aldridge to the Celtics, Thompson to the Raptors and Baynes plus a Celtics 2nd or two to the Spurs.

That would be so typical Spurs: More or less helping everyone and settling for Raptors sloppy seconds.

Not interested in a buyout either. There should be a trade to be made here and this is the last organization that should be giving away assets. I don't care how diminished he is or bloated his salary is; find a way to get something done like so many others have in precarious situations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I still think he has a bright future but Wiseman hasn’t passed the eye test for me
    He's a rookie in a very good environment to develop the right way. He has passed the eye test for me, rookies are up and down, he was injured, he's gonna be pretty good imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not interested in a buyout either. There should be a trade to be made here and this is the last organization that should be giving away assets. I don't care how diminished he is or bloated his salary is; find a way to get something done like so many others have in precarious situations.
    Huh? Asset?

What kind of value is to be got for LMA?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It won’t happen but the spurs really need to make a significant trade of some kind, people keep questioning pops rotations which I get, but the spurs have a complete log jam of players at the same position, we’re to guard & forward heavy
    Keldon needs to move to the 3. He is adequate at the 4 since the option to that now seems to be Lyles who is back up level talent. KJ has not been as high energy recently. And while he does a decent job holding position on bigger players that are trying to back him down players like Grant and Porzingus just shoot over him. The line up needs an injection of height. I would love to see the Spurs move Gay so Luka can get some minutes to develop. If he can build on COVID games I think he could be exactly what the starting line up needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman is and will be fine. The issue is the team has the highest payroll in the league and is on the outside looking in at the playoffs.
    A little "organizational tension" as Ramona puts it, can be a good thing. You need to have people with alternate opinions to avoid group think.

The idea is, a team with as much recent success as the Warriors shouldn't be missing the playoffs two seasons in a row irrespective of player injury/turnover/inexperience. Don't know necessarily that I agree with that, but that seems to be the gist of it in GS circles. The article is quite glowing re: the Spurs actually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauri Markkanen anyone? Bulls may not want to pay him. Cost is precious future draft picks.
    His shooting numbers are up, but damn, he seems to be a bit of a China doll. Only played 17 games so far, and never more than 68 in his 4 seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauri is worth a look but man if you enjoyed the "Luka has no motor" discourse the Lauri motor discourse would take it to unimaginable levels

dude can shoot... i'll give him that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd have zero interest in Thompson or doing a favor for the Celtics and (another) for the Raptors by something like Aldridge to the Celtics, Thompson to the Raptors and Baynes plus a Celtics 2nd or two to the Spurs.

That would be so typical Spurs: More or less helping everyone and settling for Raptors sloppy seconds.

I’d gladly take Tristan Thompson. This team needs more rebounds. That has always been his strength.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What kind of value is to be got for LMA?

Just enough that they should be able to squeeze a minor asset out.

I’d gladly take Tristan Thompson. This team needs more rebounds. That has always been his strength.
    The last thing this team needs is another non shooter. They need a stretch five.

They're 13th in defensive rebound percentage. This is the value of having guards and wings like Murray and Johnson who punch above their weight on the glass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA the player has next to no value

LA the expiring contract has some value if there is a team with the right combination of RFAs in the offseason, tax burden looming, and the desire to pursue an additional FA this summer.

Basically Cleveland dumping Kevin Love so they can pay Allen and go for John Collins and are willing to give up an unprotected first to do it. Even that scenario is a longshot. The deadline can be crazy though and maybe someone gets desperate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tristian Thompson is a better finisher around the basketball than Jakob imo tho but Celtics ain’t trading with us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tristian Thompson is a better finisher around the basketball than Jakob imo tho but Celtics ain’t trading with us
    only trade I see with Boston is Danny Ainge taking a swing at Derozan in the summer, but not having the cap space to do so outright has to go the sign and trade route. Ainge has to do something with the TPE after missing on Turner and losing hayward.

Let the celtics add Demar as their missing piece, give him a 4 year deal worth 120 million, and in return spurs take timelord and some picks. Huge W.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only trade I see with Boston is Danny Ainge taking a swing at Derozan in the summer, but not having the cap space to do so outright has to go the sign and trade route. Ainge has to do something with the TPE after missing on Turner and losing hayward.

Let the celtics add Demar as their missing piece, give him a 4 year deal worth 120 million, and in return spurs take timelord and some picks. Huge W.
    He’d probably make the All Star team. That is obviously important to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 30. Limited skills.
    Unless the Spurs get back some reasonable assets, I really don't want them to take on older players. I definitely see LMA being bought out. I just don't think the market is there

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I’m PATFO, I’m not taking back just an unprotected first to absorb Love’s salary for the next two off seasons. Going to need more than that. And I don’t know that Cleveland cares enough about the next two off seasons to want to deal away more than a lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I’m PATFO, I’m not taking back just an unprotected first to absorb Love’s salary for the next two off seasons. Going to need more than that. And I don’t know that Cleveland cares enough about the next two off seasons to want to deal away more than a lottery pick.
    If Cleveland called up Brian Wright and had the offer on the table to take on Love's deal for their unprotected pick this year you take it. With how they are trending its top 5 or close to it and gives you a better chance than the spurs have otherwise of drafting in the top 3.

4 years of a rookie contract+RFA for taking on 2 years of Love's deal? That expires before the next major FA class in 2023? You kidding me?

But, at the end of the day, its just a hypothetical and not likely to materialize. Cleveland ownership will have to pay tax though if they want to keep Allen and that in and of itself might be enough for them to be bailing water out of their cap obligations. Maybe you actually could get 2 firsts out of em. Point I'm trying to make is a situation like that is the only place to really extract value out of LA right now, and it's not by virtue of his on court contributions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The top 5 in this draft is worth a ton. I’d eat any deal for one lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kevin O'Connor
    KevinOConnorNBA
    4m
    Sources: The Heat and Thunder are discussing a trade that’d send Trevor Ariza to Miami. OKC is seeking a second round pick for Ariza from the numerous playoff teams with interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kevin O'Connor
    KevinOConnorNBA
    4m
    Sources: The Heat and Thunder are discussing a trade that’d send Trevor Ariza to Miami. OKC is seeking a second round pick for Ariza from the numerous playoff teams with interest.
    Really? Why? He hasn't played in a year. Dude is likely washed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone been traded more than Trevor Ariza?

Thread Information