Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Wesley could net us a similar package like Dejounte once we trade him
    PATFO still thinks they are on top with all the recognition they get for helping other teams win.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the NBA uses magnets
    the *aliens use magnets

fify

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really like what i saw for Wesley, not afraid, he's a baller. He will correct those errors like going straight away to the basket without seeing anything.

From the beggining, i'm not sold on Primo at PG, still time for him but he can't create separation, the handle is correct but not really good. imo he's lost actually without knowing how to play.

I like Barlow, he's learning how to play C and that's not bad, Days looks pretty good also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really like what i saw for Wesley, not afraid, he's a baller. He will correct those errors like going straight away to the basket without seeing anything.

From the beggining, i'm not sold on Primo at PG, still time for him but he can't create separation, the handle is correct but not really good. imo he's lost actually without knowing how to play.

I like Barlow, he's learning how to play C and that's not bad, Days looks pretty good also.
    pretty much how i felt about yesterday's game. barlow is clearly a g league fixture for all of this season but there are some glimpses in which he shows some nice traits. he also seems to have that natural confidence that wesley has.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of the Primo lip service is comical, he is trash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of the Primo lip service is comical, he is trash.
    You a cowboys fan ( 20 + years of not winning crap ) talking about its a process but bashing a kid in his second year in the nba? Bro, tell me you see the irony in that….

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You a cowboys fan ( 20 + years of not winning crap ) talking about its a process but bashing a kid in his second year in the nba? Bro, tell me you see the irony in that….
    This has got to be a bit...Greg Sutton looked like a more competent PG...

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of Cowboys fans know they won't win with Jerry around. Doesn't mean that they can't comment on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look how long it took DJ to reach all star level. The impatience around here is staggering. Obvious that not many of you are teachers or coaches. Most players don’t go from zero to good in one season and an offseason. Stay patient, but you won’t. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a bit concerned that the attempt to change Primo's shot is still not working and may have backfired.
    His stroke is very inconsistent and that is supposed to be one of his best attributes.
    When his shot is not falling he doesn't have much else to fall back on.
    It's just one game in Summer League, but 2-15 shooting is UGLY no matter how you slice it.
    5-9 from the FT line is almost as worrisome.

Branham is also changing his shot right?
    I gotta say I just don't like taking guys who are known primarily as shooters and then messing with that trait.
    Why not wait to see if Branham can get off that push shot jumper at this level before making him change it?

Wesley looks very talented and he has that dawg in him.
    He also looks very raw.
    I'm very intrigued but he has a long ways to go.
    If he can unlock his full potential he might be a big deal

I really wish we could watch Sochan play!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a bit concerned that the attempt to change Primo's shot is still not working and may have backfired.
    His stroke is very inconsistent and that is supposed to be one of his best attributes.
    When his shot is not falling he doesn't have much else to fall back on.
    It's just one game in Summer League, but 2-15 shooting is UGLY no matter how you slice it.
    5-9 from the FT line is almost as worrisome.

Branham is also changing his shot right?
    I gotta say I just don't like taking guys who are known primarily as shooters and then messing with that trait.
    Why not wait to see if Branham can get off that push shot jumper at this level before making him change it?

Wesley looks very talented and he has that dawg in him.
    He also looks very raw.
    I'm very intrigued but he has a long ways to go.
    If he can unlock his full potential he might be a big deal

I really wish we could watch Sochan play!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki has a low point of release and i think that could spell trouble. but my impression is that malaki was already working on changing his shot prior to the draft because there were scouting concerns about whether or not his shot would translate well to the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I found it interesting how Tony said he was in town to scout for his French team. I never realized that summer league was a great place for Euroleague scouts to identify players for their own teams, but it makes perfect sense.

Players in summer league aren't only auditioning for the NBA, but for other leagues around the world.
    o Ty Jaeger

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Sochan was playing and playing well maybe there would be less frustration so far. Still, Primo may unfortunately be in the oft too traveled path of Spurs players struggling to understand their role. It’s on him to figure it out. He’s getting nothing but opportunity and support. So his challenge with his role, unfortunately, may just be in over his head. Also, his work ethic is something I’m curious about. He’s mature and interviews well. Basically, I don’t know much at all about Primo. The distance between the FO’s apparent expectation and the results are definitely awkward. I hope he figures things out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Sochan was playing and playing well maybe there would be less frustration so far. Still, Primo may unfortunately be in the oft too traveled path of Spurs players struggling to understand their role. It’s on him to figure it out. He’s getting nothing but opportunity and support. So his challenge with his role, unfortunately, may just be in over his head. Also, his work ethic is something I’m curious about. He’s mature and interviews well. Basically, I don’t know much at all about Primo. The distance between the FO’s apparent expectation and the results are definitely awkward. I hope he figures things out.
    Yeah, planning for him to be a pure PG seems to be trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

When we've seen him at his best, he is hunting out his own offense. He has the ability to get to his spots and create space for his own shot and, although the percentages aren't great so far, his shot looks decent enough.

Forcing him to play point is just turning him into another Lonnie Walker....a guy who stands around a lot and is unsure what to do. And his court vision in the last two games has been...less than impressive. He's dribbling into traffic and getting into trouble, and forcing passes where they simply don't exist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree 100% that if Sochan was playing we'd likely be having very different conversations.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appreciated!

Worked the best! Vielen dank!
    Gern geschehen. Seems to be the place to go for this season, worked really well for me too.

Had some issues with buffstream, was there a lot last year. Nbastreams.xyz the year before, but it is down now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just finished watching the replay. I think Primo will be okay. He is getting to his positions and taking good shots, just not falling tonight. I think he has a lot of poise, and that the game has slowed down on him. Again I’m not worried.
    "The game has slowed down on him" So him moving at the speed of molasses is a purposeful mental exercise. Whew! I was getting worried that we were seeing a continuation of his moves from last season as Slo Mo 2.0. I won't worry about that anymore. Thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    loved hearing from TP and Dejounte during the broadcast ... Wesley is fun to watch ... but so was Lonnie
    Was Dejounte on the Spurs game broadcast? I saw TP's interview, didn't see a Dejounte interview, though. What did he say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Dejounte on the Spurs game broadcast? I saw TP's interview, didn't see a Dejounte interview, though. What did he say?
    the main thing I remember from Dejounte was him answering a question about the city of Atlanta offering other "opportunities" than SA ... he flat out said he does not care about such things ... he only wants to play basketball, get better etc. ... he can party when he finished his career. And he did not like it when the journalist said he already is in his prime ... Dejounte made it clear he is not there yet and I agree ...

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Five days later:

1) I was wrong, the Laker fans did not fill Thomas & Mack for the third game, and the fourth game with the Lakers had even fewer in attendance (still more than could fit in Cox.)

2) Same strategy as Cavaliers game, my eyes were on Barlow at all times on the court. Barlow tighten up his one-on-one coverage on the perimeter, yet still quickly helped and disturbed drivers. Kudos for Wiseman's play, but Barlow made him work. Wiseman > Barlow, but Barlow is literally and figuratively in the same league. Barlow in both the first two days, looked significantly better that late 2021 first rounder Day'Ron Sharpe.

Wesley has no fear. Wesley has no finish. May Wesley continue to lack the first, but develop some skill at the basket.

Hale, lost his deer in the headlights shock, and seemed to realize that the game's speed was too much, so Hale slowed down, made much fewer mistakes, but no positive impact. After adjusting from Cavaliers game, maybe it will be a slow but effective learning curve. He might be worth an Austin contract as backup PG.

Saw four games: best player, Mac McClung, who BTW is a FA. McClung only has a Summer League contract with the Warriors.
    Despite Cam Thomas' stat line, David Duke, Jr. was the two-way spark for the Nets.
    While the Hornets gutted out a team win, G-Leaguer Paris Bass of the Lakers looked better than Darius Days. That a compliment to Bass, not a diss on Days.

And back to Hale, I witnessed the deer metaphor Monday driving to my home and scaring a deer on my front porch. BTW, middle Georgia deer are much bigger than Fair Oaks Ranch deer.

Thread Information