Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol sanantonio "old"
    Austin's so young and hip! Surely our skyrocketing housing market, constant cluster traffic, and festering music and nightlife scene will attract more people wanting to play basketball! All the star players want to go hang out on Dirty Sixth or shop at The Domain! Oh, and you just might get mugged or shot too!

I've lived in Austin 15+ years and actually still like it here, but yeah...this is still UT town, and abandoning a historic fanbase to appeal to a bunch of college kids and old Austin money ain't gonna make a damn difference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin's so young and hip! Surely our skyrocketing housing market, constant cluster traffic, and festering music and nightlife scene will attract more people wanting to play basketball! All the star players want to go hang out on Dirty Sixth or shop at The Domain! Oh, and you just might get mugged or shot too!

I've lived in Austin 15+ years and actually still like it here, but yeah...this is still UT town, and abandoning a historic fanbase to appeal to a bunch of college kids and old Austin money ain't gonna make a damn difference
    Is the Tesla plant producing or is that still on hold?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think so, but I don't follow closely. Last time I drove by (I live about 20 mins away) it seemed like a gigantic, abandoned building...so guessing not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think so, but I don't follow closely. Last time I drove by (I live about 20 mins away) it seemed like a gigantic, abandoned building...so guessing not
    Did housing jump 30% in the area the last 2 years after the announcement and moreso after the building started going up?
    I was going to score a house on that huge long lake (an hour + away NW i think.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did housing jump 30% in the area the last 2 years after the announcement and moreso after the building started going up?
    I was going to score a house on that huge long lake (an hour + away NW i think.)
    I think it's a combination of things. Tesla building their plant, Amazon put up a fulfillment center just north of Austin, Google and Facebook are both expanding here, and Apple is currently adding to their existing campus which will be 20,000 new jobs (making it larger than the HQ in Cupertino).

So yeah...lots of tech people are flocking to Austin for various reasons. The value of my house has nearly doubled in the last two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Least it’s not the warriors I guess.

Should have fired pop saved money and kepted chip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "kepted"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have fired pop saved money and kepted chip
    Come on man. Your English is good half the time and then you write like this. Absolutely terrible shtick you got going on. Pretending to be half re ed is a freaking insult to people who do struggle with stuff like that. Stop doing that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on man. Your English is good half the time and then you write like this. Absolutely terrible shtick you got going on. Pretending to be half re ed is a freaking insult to people who do struggle with stuff like that. Stop doing that .
    Huh? I've never seen him not all over the keyboard almost with 100% repe ion each time he posts. You must be speaking of a different ducks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta give it to Pop allowing all the dominos to drop before him. He’s basically married away all his coaching daughters before he retires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta give it to Pop allowing all the dominos to drop before him. He’s basically married away all his coaching daughters before he retires.
    Allowing? I'm sure he is happy to see it, but it's more like rats jumping ship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10789596[/URL]]Allowing? I'm sure he is happy to see it, but it's more like rats jumping ship.
    There is this crazy idea that you stay where you got the job. Obviously, promotions you leave, but SAS having people leave for lateral moves. Not a good sign for the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is this crazy idea that you stay where you got the job. Obviously, promotions you leave, but SAS having people leave for lateral moves. Not a good sign for the future.
    nothing about our future is promising unless spurs land a top pick

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Never go full re ."
    Tropic Thunder

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Holy , some of y'all are complete idiots.
    everting he said was correct.....wtf is it with san antonio peoples fragile ego because their city is boring

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People automatically think money, but the problem was probably length of contract. Chip was probably looking for a contract to take him to, and maybe a little beyond, the usual retirement age. Five years would do it, since he’s 61.

The Spurs couldn’t do that because Pop is very likely to retire in just another season, or two at the most. That’s what everybody seems to think, (including me.)

When the new coach arrives he’ll want his own staff. Of course. Would he want to keep Chip? It’s impossible to answer the question. Chip has a good enough reputation that the new coach might want to retain him, but then, the new coach might want to replace him with somebody else he likes. It’s unpredictable.

Given that, the Spurs may have only been willing to offer Chip a one-year deal.

So you’ve got the Spurs only offering one year, because of the head coach question, but Chip looking for a five-year contract, to take him to the age where he might decide to retire. One year versus five years, it’s too big a difference to find agreement.

I think it was something like that. Not the money, instead, they couldn’t find common ground on the length of contract - which goes back to the general belief that Pop will retire from coaching soon.
    I agree with what you said, as I remember Chip turned down GSW offer which paid much more saying he prefer to stay with us. Regardless whether is it due pay or length of contract, highly possible that Pop is gone after his season when his contract ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? I've never seen him not all over the keyboard almost with 100% repe ion each time he posts. You must be speaking of a different ducks
    If you upset him enough or remind him of that time he said he pees on little girls he magically comes out of his re ation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everting he said was correct.....wtf is it with san antonio peoples fragile ego because their city is boring
    I wasn't just talking about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's making the Y

Thread Information