Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang! we finally got Thomas Robinson on the team lol doubt he even comes close to actually making the spurs team but who knows

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang! we finally got Thomas Robinson on the team lol doubt he even comes close to actually making the spurs team but who knows
    He was drafted 5th overall, and traded by Sacto after only 51 games. That’s kind of a red flag, being a top 5 pick trade during your rookie season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was drafted 5th overall, and traded by Sacto after only 51 games. That’s kind of a red flag, being a top 5 pick trade during your rookie season.
    oh yeah no doubt, his NBA career is probably over but the spurs were supposeibly always interested in him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Thomas Robinson is still only 28 years old

My first reaction is the Spurs brought him in to be Samanic's bodyguard in summer league ... but Eubanks and Metu should be up for that role and will also be eating a lot of bigman minutes next to Samanic.

Ah well, at least he's a somewhat interesting player and pretty high-quality for a summer league rando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Thomas Robinson is still only 28 years old
    Had no idea. That’s wild. Was always a good athlete but has very little skill to speak of, outside of a decent mid range jumper that he developed later in his career. Surprised the Spurs are bringing him in but guess it doesn’t hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also remember the NBA draft story about how Robinson lost his mom, his grandmother, and his grandfather all in like a 3-week span or something like that. Crazy.

get your shoehorn ready... Joe Schmoogins's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The T Rob comeback is alive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs sometimes do a solid for an agent who has worked with them or who might in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh , we finally got Robinson.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know of a good stream for these games. I don't have a satellite or cable provider and it doesn't look like NBA TV allows me to sign up independently. Was hoping I could just stream from their website but nope.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like the NBATV games will also be on ESPN 3: https://www.espn.com/nba-summer-league/schedule

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh , we finally got Robinson.
    Dust off that #50 jersey!

Do teams usually restrict their summer league, or even G-League, teams from wearing retired numbers from the NBA club? Just curious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thomas Robinson would be a great feel good story if he made the team, but doubt he will unless he developed a good jumper from outside and some speed. I'm rooting for him, but don't think he'll make it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really, really wanted TRob on the Spurs when he came into the league. Glad to know the dream is alive. Just gotta phone up Scola & Corey Brewer and baby we got a stew going.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why but i was thinking that robinson is 6"8 but he is 6"10.

China highlights

He also played some games in G league, looks like the jumper is there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He definitely has size and should be over himself by now. Solid character guy too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Summer league team should be able to compete for the championship easily if healthy and everyone plays. At the end of the day I just want our young guys on the roster to ball out and put the league on notice

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Berman: Former @UHCougarMBK guard Galen Robinson Jr says he’ll train with the san antonio spurs this summer and play for their G League team (@austin_spurs) this coming season: “Definitely a blessing. One step closer.”

galen Robinson also in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Berman: Former @UHCougarMBK guard Galen Robinson Jr says he’ll train with the san antonio spurs this summer and play for their G League team (@austin_spurs) this coming season: “Definitely a blessing. One step closer.”

galen Robinson also in
    His stats at Houston were pedestrian but I think MoSpur02 is high on him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His stats at Houston were pedestrian but I think MoSpur02 is high on him
    I just saw his stats at Houston

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But how is his perimeter defense? That's my only concern. Can he stay attatched to his man when he's switched on to guards.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But how is his perimeter defense? That's my only concern. Can he stay attatched to his man when he's switched on to guards.
    IMO, my only concern is can Galen Robinson keep the ball safe in play and feed Samanic, Johnson, Metu and Weatherspoon. No Arcidiacono, but hopefully as good as Cotton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for Robinson Jr. Doubt he'll get playing time next season with the Spurs, but Summer League and G League is a good step forward. I like his speed and defense.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like the NBATV games will also be on ESPN 3: https://www.espn.com/nba-summer-league/schedule
    I thought that was going to work but it doesn't look like I'll be able to access it. Would be nice if I could access it as part of my ESPN+ subscription but that seems to be a no-go as well. Cord cutting finally caught up to me.

RCN does not allow internet-only and basic cable subscribers to access ESPN3; only those who subscribe to a standard cable tier or higher (and thus access ESPN's linear networks) can use the service. Thus, in these cases the cost of the service is bundled into the cable bill and not the Internet bill.

Thread Information