Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2513
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won't. If they traded for him, it would be an incredibly stupid move and would have terrible effects down the road.
    He’s a good to arguably great player with a few flaws that could be worked out by Chip. Certainly our staff would be the best equipped to help Simmons address his flaws.

But the red flags are too much to make it a good trade for us.

1. Dudes a self proclaimed socialite and diva. SA isn’t the right place for that.

2. Couldn’t excel on a loaded team with a couple of proven all stars. Coming here doesn’t solve any of that.

3. The assets it would take to acquire him would likely put us in a worse position long term not a better one. He’s clearly gonna need more than Keldon and what we have now.

4. Despite the early chatter I haven’t really heard anything about what he’s accomplished this off-season.

5. Cut off contact with his current team instead working within the situation knowing full well that this situation resulted from his shortcomings not the team.

6. Early list of demands for which teams he’ll go to screams Kawhi 2.0.

7. He’s not a first option star player. Never will be.

This is a bad move for SA and I think unless they can fleece Philly (which will never happen) there’s no practical way for this to work.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. No practical way for this to work. Chip cannot fix his shot. If you don't have a 3 point shot after 5 years in the NBA, you won't have it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. No practical way for this to work. Chip cannot fix his shot. If you don't have a 3 point shot after 5 years in the NBA, you won't have it.
    Jason Kidd says Hi!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a good to arguably great player with a few flaws that could be worked out by Chip. Certainly our staff would be the best equipped to help Simmons address his flaws.

But the red flags are too much to make it a good trade for us.

1. Dudes a self proclaimed socialite and diva. SA isn’t the right place for that.

2. Couldn’t excel on a loaded team with a couple of proven all stars. Coming here doesn’t solve any of that.

3. The assets it would take to acquire him would likely put us in a worse position long term not a better one. He’s clearly gonna need more than Keldon and what we have now.

4. Despite the early chatter I haven’t really heard anything about what he’s accomplished this off-season.

5. Cut off contact with his current team instead working within the situation knowing full well that this situation resulted from his shortcomings not the team.

6. Early list of demands for which teams he’ll go to screams Kawhi 2.0.

7. He’s not a first option star player. Never will be.

This is a bad move for SA and I think unless they can fleece Philly (which will never happen) there’s no practical way for this to work.
    He's not even a good fit with the team as it's constructed, as you mention. We have guards who need to get into the lane and he'd just bollox everything up. Character issues aside, considerable they may be, I can't imagine having two horrible free throw shooters on the floor at the same time in Poeltl and Simmons. It boggles the mind. You wouldn't be able to play them in the fourth quarter. Jakob at least is improving. Ben Simmons just doesn't give a .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the Spurs are probably interested in Simmons . . .

Non glamour markets don't get to choose their superstars/stars and this one doesn't want to tank for it, so this has to be tempting: Signed for 4 years, international (though Americanized), fits their supposed defense and ball movement ethos and if ever he could be humbled and gotten through to, it'd be now.

Context: He was 22, the team was a poor fit, played something like 10 games together, Embiid had a messed up knee and then got sick in the playoffs. Despite all that, they somehow nearly stole a series against a clearly superior Raptors team.

He's not even a good fit with the team as it's constructed, as you mention. We have guards who need to get into the lane and he'd just bollox everything up. Character issues aside, considerable they may be, I can't imagine having two horrible free throw shooters on the floor at the same time in Poeltl and Simmons. It boggles the mind. You wouldn't be able to play them in the fourth quarter. Jakob at least is improving. Ben Simmons just doesn't give a .
    Hypothetically, a trade isn't happening without Murray and probably Poeltl (to a third team) involved, at which point they'd actually fit much better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't ever be able to fix the shot of someone who doesn't want to shoot.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Context: He was 22, the team was a poor fit, played something like 10 games together, Embiid had a messed up knee and then got sick in the playoffs. Despite all that, they somehow nearly stole a series against a clearly superior Raptors team.

Hypothetically, a trade isn't happening without Murray and probably Poeltl (to a third team) involved, at which point they'd actually fit much better.
    Won't ever be able to fix the shot of someone who doesn't want to shoot.
    He’s not a number 1 option player. Never will be. Simmons is the kind of star you add to a team. To acquire Simmons you’d have to add a go-to scorer. I don’t see how you do that if you’re going to leverage your current roster and future assets to obtain him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have ZERO interest in Ben Simmons. I'd rather keep Murray and the other kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bobby Marks
    BobbyMarks42
    3m
    Detroit will have some roster decisions to make when it comes to the regular season. The Diallo signing now has Detroit with 16 guaranteed contracts.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Restricted free agent G/F Hamidou Diallo has signed a two-year, $10.4M deal to stay with the Detroit Pistons, his agents Thad Foucher and Joe Smith of @wassbasketball tell ESPN.
    Show this thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bobby Marks
    BobbyMarks42
    3m
    Detroit will have some roster decisions to make when it comes to the regular season. The Diallo signing now has Detroit with 16 guaranteed contracts.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Restricted free agent G/F Hamidou Diallo has signed a two-year, $10.4M deal to stay with the Detroit Pistons, his agents Thad Foucher and Joe Smith of @wassbasketball tell ESPN.
    Show this thread
    THE Joe Smith is now an agent?
    The guy who's shenanigans helped cost his team picks?

Makes sense, now that I think about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty much this...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not a number 1 option player. Never will be. Simmons is the kind of star you add to a team. To acquire Simmons you’d have to add a go-to scorer. I don’t see how you do that if you’re going to leverage your current roster and future assets to obtain him.
    I didn't say otherwise and I don't disagree that he should be the type you add to a team, not base one around . . . but they've shown for 3 years they're not interested in a traditional re-build and despite the current roster, I don't think anything has changed.

Hee'd fit with their attempt to win while developing (aka not tanking) as well as giving them a face of the franchise type to sell to casuals.

If the Spurs are as good at drafting and developing as many including presumably they believe they are, then they should be able to withstand the loss of picks (and if the Suns '24 1st conveys, they'd only be without a 1st in '22).

If we're still pretending White is young, Simmons is 2 years younger, so add them to Johnson, Vassell, Walker IV, Samanic, Jones, Primo and Collins and there'd still be a lot of youth in place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea of "just get any star" regardless of cost and fit is utterly alien to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea of "just get any star" regardless of cost and fit is utterly alien to me.
    I don't disagree with you in principal and I am not a fan of bringing Simmons on. That being said there is truth to the fact that the power in the league is shifting from teams and owners to players. Stars don't want to go to teams without another star and the concept that the team could help him fix his shot and improve his status and therefore bring in another star is tempting to some. It's a long shot, but we aren't tanking any time soon so people are grasping at straws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats because the spurs have had a star for the last 30+ years. didnt have to worry about it until recently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats because the spurs have had a star for the last 30+ years. didnt have to worry about it until recently
    I mean, is that an argument? Getting some dumbass star just because he's a star is beyond stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs shouldn't freak out and get a star just because they don't have one. They honestly don't have to win a le in the near future. It's okay. They should look to open a good window, not sell out to have a slight chance. I don't think it's defensible to argue the Spurs wouldn't be improved with Simmons, so as long as you don't sell too much of the future, getting him is the right move. Unless Simmons has indicated that he'd want out of SA, I don't think anything in his personality is a deal-breaker for a reasonable deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, is that an argument? Getting some dumbass star just because he's a star is beyond stupid.
    yeah, its an argument. you asked why we suddenly are so worried about getting a star. its because for the first time in decades we dont have one. which explains the suddenness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing that it's more about fan enthusiasm/optimism and looking for a cornerstone(s) that has (as far as they're concerned) been here for decades than looking forward to Limbo and an uncertain Team Building without a sure thing in a town that's not going to attract the Big Shots like a Los Angeles.

JMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next summer, the Free Agency pool already projects to be very dry in known and proven talent. This is it, guys.

This well written and interesting article was about Rozier’s huge extension from Charlotte, but what was interesting was the explanation if the FA pool and field for next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel free to drop the out of this thread if the discussion isn’t to your liking.
    ex still bringing the salt of late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next summer, the Free Agency pool already projects to be very dry in known and proven talent. This is it, guys.

This well written and interesting article was about Rozier’s huge extension from Charlotte, but what was interesting was the explanation if the FA pool and field for next summer.
    So would you rather make a trade and spend on a possible Simmons, Siakam, KP now, hypothetically, or have 25+ million in potential cap space for an Aaron Gordon, who doesn't move the needle?? That is why even looking at Wiggins and Harrison Barnes is intriguing to think about. If Markkanen would have signed a 3/4 deal at 15/16 million per year he'd be a Spur right now. Not Thad Young. And there wouldn't be a consideration of what cap space was available for next year because they would have spent the money on Lauri already. Something has got to be brewing because this article sounds like musical chairs is playing already and talent is being removed from consideration, and you better have a plan so you aren't left without a chair.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank God we didn't get China Doll Lauri his own team doesn't want him and they sucked last year. As far as Simmons Lord Help Ya All who want this Diva I know a lot of posters love talking about trades so I won't say to much other then it's Never going to happen

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan deal voted Worst of the Offseason.
    https://www.bleachernation.com/bulls...f-free-agency/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. I think NOP paying a first rounder to sign Devonte Graham to an overpaid deal was way worse

Thread Information