Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised they didn’t mention the fact that Reggie’s last game was am elimination against….. Detroit

Also, Jamaal Tinsley is ing dumb

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well Stephen Jackson, like so many others, are dumbazzes. Religion as a whole is a sham... As for Jackson, he's a muslim that smokes and drinks. That's all you need to know about him..
    I didn't think he had any religious beliefs. How long has he been Muslim?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a fun watch and a netflix doc that wasn't unnecessarily stretched out as they seem to do with ever doc they produce now.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Just saw it and yeah, there’s really nothing new. It gets predictably preachy. Not sure why anybody puts a mic in front of Stephen Jackson anymore
    I, too, was completely unmoved and the do entary did nothing to change my perception of anything.

They talked as if showing ALL of the footage, people might judge them differently.

I didnt. Artest is a nutcase. Jackson is a nutcase. Jermain Oneal was still very immature. Ben Wallace acted like an idiot. The fans acted like idiots.

No clue why there was so much emphasis on Reggie Miller and his career. Literally had nothing to do with that night.

I also couldnt believe they made such a big deal about the guy who threw the cup on Artest. As if he should be punished for how Artest reacted or how other people reacted.

He threw a cup of beer. Ban him from all NBA games.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It was a fun watch and a netflix doc that wasn't unnecessarily stretched out as they seem to do with ever doc they produce now.
    Amen to that, Chooch. You can't watch any of this type materiel and it's sheer agony as they keep going back over what they've already presented till you about lose your mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No clue why there was so much emphasis on Reggie Miller and his career. Literally had nothing to do with that night.
    Just because it was his last season, and that incident cost him a shot at a ring. The whole thing was framed as derailing a Pacers championship run. They were trying to put it in a context that adds to the gravity of the situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised they didn’t mention the fact that Reggie’s last game was am elimination against….. Detroit

Also, Jamaal Tinsley is ing dumb
    Yea. I didn’t know the part about tinsley telling artest to get his foul.

that was ing stupid. He knew damn well artest was a crazy person

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I, too, was completely unmoved and the do entary did nothing to change my perception of anything.

They talked as if showing ALL of the footage, people might judge them differently.

I didnt. Artest is a nutcase. Jackson is a nutcase. Jermain Oneal was still very immature. Ben Wallace acted like an idiot. The fans acted like idiots.

I also couldnt believe they made such a big deal about the guy who threw the cup on Artest. As if he should be punished for how Artest reacted or how other people reacted.

100% agreed. They showed a few new clips and gave a lot of background on the players involved, but I didn't walk away with any new conclusions.

It was a perfect storm of events. High tensions after a physical playoff series. Two teams who viewed themselves as the best in the East and had that "big dog" mentality.

Wallace overreacts. Artest overreacts. A fan overreacts, and chaos ensues.

What amazed me the most was the lack of remorse from Artest, Jackson, and O'Neal. Nearly 20 years later, and they still have the same mindset and are making excuses for their behavior. "I felt threatened and/or saw my guy in trouble, so I decided to jump in and start wrecking shop". They basically said they would do the same thing if it had happened again.

I know some of these guys came from rough lives and feel the instinct to defend themselves and their crew...but this wasn't the mean streets of Compton or Chicago or anything. This was in the middle of a nationally televised NBA game.

Getting hit by a cup of beer sucks, and anyone would feel disrespected by that. But I'm sure losing millions of dollars and threatening the future of your career and a franchise sure sucks more.
    Last edited by Dex; 08-26-2021 at 03:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t know Wallace had just lost his brother
    That explains his reaction to the hard foul (compounded with losing the game)

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wasn't that guy punching Artest in the back of the head too?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Wasn't that guy punching Artest in the back of the head too?
    i was thinking the same. he did much more than just throw a cup of beer.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Though I did feel like I'd been thru an event. More the presentation than the actual event though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only dude who was honest in this do entary is Artest tbh... Don't get me wrong Artest is a massive pos, dude is ing nuts... dat elbow on harden head, crazy ... BUT he was sincere in this do entary, basically telling like it is.. yeah I have mental issues and I have been a coward.

Do entary also confirmed a couple of things:

- Miller seems to be a nice guy
    - Pacers are delusional thinking le was their based on the way they were playing in November
    - Jax is a moron
    - O'Neal is a ing cry baby that thinks this event derailed his career dude thinks he was Duncan or something ?
    - Dat Piston fan who threw the cup is a ing Moron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only dude who was honest in this do entary is Artest tbh... Don't get me wrong Artest is a massive pos, dude is ing nuts... dat elbow on harden head, crazy ... BUT he was sincere in this do entary, basically telling like it is.. yeah I have mental issues and I have been a coward.

Do entary also confirmed a couple of things:

- Miller seems to be a nice guy
    - Pacers are delusional thinking le was their based on the way they were playing in November
    - Jax is a moron
    - O'Neal is a ing cry baby that thinks this event derailed his career dude thinks he was Duncan or something ?
    - Dat Piston fan who threw the cup is a ing Moron
    Miller seems to be a nice dude tbh, he had some cool tidbits in the show Open Court.
    At the same time he is annoying during game broadcasts

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Yeah Artest is a nutcase but so is Jackson lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just because it was his last season, and that incident cost him a shot at a ring. The whole thing was framed as derailing a Pacers championship run. They were trying to put it in a context that adds to the gravity of the situation.
    This. Of course there is no guarantee of , but yes bemoan the incident not just because of $$$ lost and the hit to their so-called characters...but ot was Reggie 2nd (or third) and last best shot at a le

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    BTW some Suns feel the same about Amare stepping on the court or the luck shot by Artest. Prevented Nash last le shot.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    100% agreed. They showed a few new clips and gave a lot of background on the players involved, but I didn't walk away with any new conclusions.

It was a perfect storm of events. High tensions after a physical playoff series. Two teams who viewed themselves as the best in the East and had that "big dog" mentality.

Wallace overreacts. Artest overreacts. A fan overreacts, and chaos ensues.

What amazed me the most was the lack of remorse from Artest, Jackson, and O'Neal. Nearly 20 years later, and they still have the same mindset and are making excuses for their behavior. "
    I felt threatened and/or saw my guy in trouble, so I decided to jump in and start wrecking shop". They basically said they would do the same thing if it had happened again.

I know some of these guys came from rough lives and feel the instinct to defend themselves and their crew...but this wasn't the mean streets of Compton or Chicago or anything. This was in the middle of a nationally televised NBA game.

Getting hit by a cup of beer sucks, and anyone would feel disrespected by that. But I'm sure losing millions of dollars and threatening the future of your career and a franchise sure sucks more.
    Absolutely. They could just say "it was chaos and we got carried away....we all screwed up".

Thread Information