Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I said it in the OP:

But, as always, people only read the tle.
    ok... then wtf was with this response to this post?

lol, there's no question right now that White is the better player than Murray. White isn't good "for his age" or "shows signs of being good"... he's a high quality NBA starter. Murray isn't there yet, and if he doesn't get his jumper to at least TP levels, then he might never be.

but i still dont see this is a situation where we have to choose one. they can be the new manu/tp... stagger playing time, both effective in their own ways. i think there's potential for them to coexist as starters (and that would be a ferocious defensive backcourt), but its not going to work if derozan is on the team. so imo the white/murray discussion is a distraction from the real elephant
    I could have easily made a thread with a le that reads: "I like the White/Murray combo for the future", but what's the fun in that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s kinda Stupid to argue who is better White VS Murray when Murray has been out the whole season. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the obviously multiple great things about the Bulls team that won 72 games was their construction: they started two SGs in Jordan and Ron Harper, both 6'6", but actually had SF Scottie Pippen bring the ball up in most situations. This made it really difficult for teams to design defensive schemes against them. I can see a similar version of that if White, Murray, and DeRozan all started next year. And hiding DeRozan defensively would be much easier with Murray and White on the court, as opposed to pairing him with Forbes or Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok... then wtf was with this response to this post?
    Because most folks ing about that take the tle of the thread as an example of choosing one over the other, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because most folks ing about that take the tle of the thread as an example of choosing one over the other, tbh.
    i was referring to the conversation people were having... with FkLA saying we should trade murray, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People on this forum are a terrible judge of talent. White is a solid player but Murray will be a star. It’s not close.
    Yeah, I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this isn't a knee jerk reaction, then what the is it? He played well in one game against a bad defense.
    Knowledge?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing how you can't distinguish two different posters, I understand you not thinking trading DeRozan would be better for the Spurs in the long run, tbh.

Sometimes it's too much work to distinguish between the goats, and the pathetic mortals who sacrifice them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this isn't a knee jerk reaction, then what the is it? He played well in one game against a bad defense.
    Not exactly. Did you look at the lines White was putting up in the month before he had to sit out with the fasciitis? He had a bad game against OKC on the road, but the whole team pretty much sucked that night. The game before was OKC at home, and White just destroyed the Thunder - 23 PTS, 8 AST, 5 RB, 2 STL, and a BLK. Last night was exceptional, but he's been steadily good for quite a while.

There is some overreaction over last night, but the kid is legit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaah the new manu vs tp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaah the new manu vs tp
    if both ends up being as good as tp and manu.. I'm fine with that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Explain to me how the Spurs have a 2nd all NBA defensive guard (Murray) and another guard (White) who had 6 blocks in a single game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Explain to me how the Spurs have a 2nd all NBA defensive guard (Murray) and another guard (White) who had 6 blocks in a single game?

Defense isn't important in Today's NBA. They'll never make an ASG playing like that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is not starting at the 2 and makes no sense given his limitations as a shooter.. you know shooting guard! Also, comparing 2 players when one is injured is a pointless exercise but I firmly believe Murray will be a star player and PAFTO think so to from previous media reports. Nevertheless, barring a Murray trade, he will be the starting PG and I think White is too good to come off the bench so will probably start at the 2 guard position. Using the Manu analogy with White doesn't really work in this situation given that we don't have 2 other hall fame players in Parker and Duncan on the floor so White needs to play a lot. That leaves.. gasp.. DDR at the 3 spot. I don't see it happening but would love to explore trading DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why in the world would anyone that wants what's best for the team prefer Murray at PG? Murray has his strengths but his PG skills don't compare to White's. Not even close. Seriously, if you'd rather have Murray at PG it's because you are just a Murray fanboy/know him personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep,nothing special at disrupting passing lanes.You're absolutely right.

I'm not even gonna link you last years highlights,where he averaged 1.2 steals in 21 mins.Those are way too long.
    highlight videos

Not overly impressive. Fathead averaged 1.6 in 26.7 mins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if both ends up being as good as tp and manu.. I'm fine with that

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Not exactly. Did you look at the lines White was putting up in the month before he had to sit out with the fasciitis? He had a bad game against OKC on the road, but the whole team pretty much sucked that night. The game before was OKC at home, and White just destroyed the Thunder - 23 PTS, 8 AST, 5 RB, 2 STL, and a BLK. Last night was exceptional, but he's been steadily good for quite a while.

There is some overreaction over last night, but the kid is legit.
    Except the post DAF quoted was from early November but isn't that how this works? Guy has a great game, thread gets bumped, people get called out, player has a few sub par performances, thread disappears. I mean, there were plenty of people that went on record in various threads questioning White's offensive abillities but early in the season but he looks like he can hold his own on offense. There were others in yesterday's game thread saying White is better than Ginobili (LMFAO).

As it pertains to this thread, White might be the better all around player but based on defensive metrics, Murray was undeniably the better defender.

White 2018-19 DRPM 1.67
    Murray 2017-18 DRPM 3.60

And if Murray finds a jumpshot, he could be every bit as good as White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    highlight videos

Really? He never stood out to me in that way. I don't ever remember thinking "damn he's really disrupting passing lanes".

I don't like highlights to prove basketball takes either,but for a moment i thought you had some kind of a memory disorder,and you couldn't remember the kid actually playing.Hence,the highlights.

So you still can't detect the skill of disrupting the passing lane at an elite level?

And you ain't moving the goalpost on me,bringing fathead in the conversation outta nowhere.Nope.
    We are talking about ELITE PERIMETER DEFENSE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except the post DAF quoted was from early November but isn't that how this works? Guy has a great game, thread gets bumped, people get called out, player has a few sub par performances, thread disappears. I mean, there were plenty of people that went on record in various threads questioning White's offensive abillities but early in the season but he looks like he can hold his own on offense. There were others in yesterday's game thread saying White is better than Ginobili (LMFAO).

As it pertains to this thread, White might be the better all around player but based on defensive metrics, Murray was undeniably the better defender.

White 2018-19 DRPM 1.67
    Murray 2017-18 DRPM 3.60

And if Murray finds a jumpshot, he could be every bit as good as White.
    No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    highlight videos

Most of them are vs random scrubs, must funny is the one where it says SA 86 - GS 127

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    highlight videos

fathead was a good defender... that's not really a slight. #3 in DRPM among small forwards this year behind covington and paul george. was #2 the two years before that, #6 the year before that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fathead was a good defender... that's not really a slight. #3 in DRPM among small forwards this year behind covington and paul george. was #2 the two years before that, #6 the year before that...
    Don't let him of the hook.

That's why he brought up Fathead.He knows Murray is an elite defender,in a different way than White,and in his stubborn way to enhance his argument of White>>>Murray he is disregarding facts about the other kid.

Once he sees that,at some point,he is gonna have to admit that Murray is a good defender as well,he tries to bring Fathead in the convo to sidetrack it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why in the world would anyone that wants what's best for the team prefer Murray at PG? Murray has his strengths but his PG skills don't compare to White's. Not even close. Seriously, if you'd rather have Murray at PG it's because you are just a Murray fanboy/know him personally.
    Simple. I think Murray is better but if it’s so obvious that White should be the starting PG then Pop will see that as well. Right? But if White is not starting at PG next year, maybe you are plain wrong and are simply a bad judge of talent... or are a fanboy yourself of White. I like both players btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of them are vs random scrubs, must funny is the one where it says SA 86 - GS 127
    Yes! That is so funny! (End Sarcasm)

In case you didn't notice,cause you didn't obviously,those are highlights from the 2016/17 season.Know what that means? Ding,ding,ding,that's right Mike! His rookie season! In a Gregg Popovich team! That's why there are scrubs in there!

Just popping up like a fart,without even following the conversation is not a good way to take part between arguments,friend.

The highlights are there to show that Dejounte Murray has an elite skill on defense.NOT in comparison to White.NOT to take something away from Derrick.
    NOT to drool and say "OMFG he is SOOOOO good".

The fact that Derrick White is an overall better basketball player than Murray,in 2019,is undeniable.The fact that he is better as a Point Guard,is undeniable.
    If people want to construct arguments pro D.White against other people advocating that Murray is better,be my guest,it's healthy. Unnecessary,but healthy.

But for people to feel the need to support their argument by spewing inconsistencies,fake facts,bringing down a player of their team,denying him talents that even they,on their own,know he has..it's asinine. It's wrong.

Thread Information