Page 161 of 491 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think the best move would be to sign a two year max deal with Toronto including a one year opt out and no trade clause.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It should take about 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Don't want to play Devil's advocate but seriously,can you blame him for going to LA if he does?

What's so attractive in Toronto that #2 would want to stay there? Their 33 year old second option? Their 34 year old third option? Their worthless coach? The lovely snow in Canada? Career wise? The weak East? Wait till KD goes East this summer and till the Bucks establish themselves as a legit contender and no more weak East.

Anyways,after he made the move and left the Spurs,we don't really give a where he goes but obviously,if we're talking basketball,the Clippers are a way better destination than the Raptors,big market and family goals aside.
    I really hope he leaves toronto. ing idiot toronto fans have been smug all season about how their team is managing kawhi's phantom injury better than the spurs did and that they have a legit chance to win multiple championships with him. absurd. preposterous. irrelevant city shouldn't even have a team in an AMERICAN league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think the best move would be to sign a two year max deal with Toronto including a one year opt out and no trade clause.
    It would be good for Toronto but I don't see short deals as the best bet for him. If in fact he ishurt with chronic condition, he's gonna want to lock up max dollars before it becomes clear his game is regressing. As though it wasn't already obvious on the defensive side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...greenda02.html

Holy I didn't realize it but yeah. He's oblitterating his career percentages. 45-46% on 5.5 attempts a game is damn good. And EFG% of 62% is career best for him, in his 10th year in the league. What a comeback from last year, where he shot basically league average 36% and EFG was under 50%. And starting every game it looks like. We gave away a huge championship piece for nothing!
    Not to be too cynical, but it is a contract year.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Not to be too cynical, but it is a contract year.
    Like Kawhi's playing for a contract.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Kawhi's playing for a contract.
    We'll....
    There's that too.
    I really wonder what other NBA FO people think about him. I can't think of a single example of s player missing essentially a complete season and 25% of another for to date an unknown injury/condition that hasn't required surgery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your context if you're going to gloss over the theme

Lol. I see how you skipped over the key part. So what if Lowry or Fred ing Van Vleet missed 16 more games this season. Lol. Holy . Paskal Siakam is exponentially more better this year. Plus they picked up Danny Green who is shooting his ass off this year.
    And you say this doesn't have any to do with Kawhi's gravity?

Kawhi drawing defensive attention and being double teamed didn' make Siakam/Danny offense easy in 60 games this season??

"But but he doesn't make his teammates better " You shouldn't talk about basketball.

Two months ago and it gets better and better

Just crazy stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if there is any slow simmering resentment building on the other members of the Raps? They play hard in all the games and don't load manage, they play very well together when KL refuses to play and win, yet KL gets the lions share of the credit and publicity. You would think a few of the Raps are getting tired of his bull .
    At least Raptors young guys LOVE Kawhi. OG Siakam Boucher...like DJ Murray or Kyle Anderson did on the Spurs

"Siakam talked about the hard work he put in over the offseason in preparation for this season in a conversation with Scott Van Pelt of ESPN on Wednesday, but he also mentioned the impact Kawhi Leonard has had on his development since he joined the team. Siakam said watching the three-time All-Star work on a daily basis has inspired him to "go out there and work on my game.
    "I think coming in, we all knew what type of player he was and I think, for me, just having him every night, how he works every single day - he's in practice, working on his game and he's a professional," Siakam said. "Just seeing that for me kind of inspires me to go out there and work on my game as well.
    "He would come every day, work hard and he would do what he was supposed to do and come on the floor and play for how many minutes he's out there and give everything he's got."

For those who said Kawhi leading by example way wasn't leadership/not inspired teammates/not make them better.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 04-07-2019 at 05:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just surprised YG is back in here defending #2 but I guess the old saying once a cuck always a cuck rings true.
    Unlike others here I didn't bump this thread in months...

I'm fine with fans calling him "she" like SpurPadre because no one can tell a fan how to deal with his anger/feelings/whatever

But I can't stand lies.

His offense has even improved. He has made crazy plays this season on both ends. Granted, coasting on the defensive end a bit but he has been elite in the last minutes when it mattered.
    Saying he's not a max player in this league is just a lie.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 04-07-2019 at 06:32 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike others here I didn't bump this thread in months...

I'm fine with fans calling him "she" like SpurPadre because no one can tell a fan how to deal with his anger/feelings/whatever

But I can't stand lies.

His offense has even improved. He has made crazy plays this season on both ends. Granted, coasting on the defensive end a bit but he has been elite in the last minutes when it mattered.
    Saying he's not a max player in this league is just a lie.
    And not playing games because of a injury that is still apparently relevant?

No.

Uninjured playing every game, absolutely max.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Kawhi is a max player, how is that even a question?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though we are guessing that Kawhi saves himself for his next contract with the Clippers if we put that aside, his absence from 24 games is not max worthy. Availability is the best ability and that never changes more so for a max player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Kawhi is a max player, how is that even a question?
    It's a valid question when you miss at least a third of the season due to "Load Management" and only played 9 games the year before. How are people continuing to ignore this fact?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Clippers were happy once they signed Bill Walton to a contract back in the early 80s with all of his injury woes - maybe for a nanosecond. Then reality set in.

It would be ironic if Nephew turns out to be Bill Walton 2.0 - that would make me smile. At least Walton was legit injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a valid question when you miss at least a third of the season due to "Load Management" and only played 9 games the year before. How are people continuing to ignore this fact?
    Who gives a what people ignore? Kawhi will get the max, period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you gots even looked at the players on max contracts? Chandler Portions anyone? questioning if a back to back dpoy finals mvp deserves a max

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got to keep in mind most teams have two “max” salary guys if not more on their roster. The term isn’t as limited as one might think. I always considered it as a top 60 player. Kris Middleton will probably get the “max” this summer. Nephew is without a doubt a “max” player. The better question is whether he can be the best player on a championship team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Conley

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got to keep in mind most teams have two “max” salary guys if not more on their roster. The term isn’t as limited as one might think. I always considered it as a top 60 player. Kris Middleton will probably get the “max” this summer. Nephew is without a doubt a “max” player. The better question is whether he can be the best player on a championship team.
    We'll find out soon enough tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Middleton manages to get a max from the Bucks,it wouldn't surprise me one bit when Giannis leaves the Bucks in 2021.

Also,and excuse me if i'm mistaken numbers wise,but the whole conversation in the last page of this thread is driven based on wrong parameters.

The question is not if #2 is a max player.The proper question is if he's worthy of the max in Toronto.Cause even after he lost the supermax option,we're still talking about a player whose max is 190 mil/5years there.That's some franchise killing numbers if something goes wrong and he's actually hurt.

His max on a new team is 141/4 and for me that's closer to reality for his current situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can somebody find Kawhi on this list for me.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

4 teammates ahead of him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Colin Cowherd handing out NBA awards today. Durant is MVP. KL is most OVER RATED.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can somebody find Kawhi on this list for me.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

4 teammates ahead of him
    Colin Cowherd handing out NBA awards today. Durant is MVP. KL is most OVER RATED.
    Shhh. You guys have just broadcast a Defend Kawhi Now signal across the universe. YGWHI will now be by momentarily.

Questioning Kawhi's value will bring condemnation upon you that you just don't understand basketball.
    Last edited by offset formation; 04-08-2019 at 02:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Middleton manages to get a max from the Bucks,it wouldn't surprise me one bit when Giannis leaves the Bucks in 2021.

Also,and excuse me if i'm mistaken numbers wise,but the whole conversation in the last page of this thread is driven based on wrong parameters.

The question is not if #2 is a max player.The proper question is if he's worthy of the max in Toronto.Cause even after he lost the supermax option,we're still talking about a player whose max is 190 mil/5years there.That's some franchise killing numbers if something goes wrong and he's actually hurt.

His max on a new team is 141/4 and for me that's closer to reality for his current situation.
    Yep. If Masai offers 190/5, he's signing his pink slip.

Even 141/4 is risky AF. I don't think he ever tops 70 GP or even really 65 GP the rest of his career. And if he ever gets hit in his quad again he's done for the year cause he'll shut it down. I wouldn't do more than 3 years. You've got to make sure you didnt just lock up another Chandler Parsons.

I imagine PATFO essentially told him the same thing which either caused or deepened the rift. He could have been better protected for his career here though and hidden in team basketball. If he signs that max somewhere, they are going to want return on their investment sooner or later.

Thread Information