MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to be clear. We got 2 concurrent bets on.

1. 200$ even on Spurs making WCF.

2. your 300 to my 200 on the Spurs making the Finals. I'm for the Spurs making the Finals.

Agreed.
    Last edited by dabom; 02-27-2017 at 02:04 AM.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    There's a lot of truth in what you were saying. I was watching that Brooklyn game last night, and they had much more trouble with Booker than they did with Lopez. LMA forcing GS to remain big is a huge part, but Dedmon and Lee getting so many putbacks would be the Spurs' best path to victory. Pau just has to be LMA-lite. I think it would be six games or not at all for a Spurs' win, so I don't necessarily think your prediction is too ambitious, either.
    Spurs did a pretty ty job stopping Russell and Clarkson. I wonder if that could be a problem against GS?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs did a pretty ty job stopping Russell and Clarkson. I wonder if that could be a problem against GS?
    It was an early Sunday game and they usually suck at those. Relieved that they even won.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did fine on Clarkson and Russell. 37 points on 38 possessions is not the efficiency you need to beat the Spurs. It's even more obvious when you consider how much of that was semi-garbage time.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love when OP talk about the active mods banning him .

1 reason Warriors will win the series: stacked talent

That's if Austin Rivers doesn't end up in the Spurs bracket.

(Wish OP was right though )

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The next matchup between these 2 teams is going to be very telling IMO, despite being a RS game(usually meaningless)..

Warriors are 5-1 in revenge games, winning by an average of 21 points..they'll be going hard at the Spurs in the next one..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and Porker will make sure we lose to GS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The next matchup between these 2 teams is going to be very telling IMO, despite being a RS game(usually meaningless)..

Warriors are 5-1 in revenge games, winning by an average of 21 points..they'll be going hard at the Spurs in the next one..
    The Warriors will be trying hard, but will Pop? I think unless the Spurs gain some ground against GS or lose some against HOU, he may not give them the satisfaction. I'd like to see him try, because barring further injuries, this will be the first time in a while that both clubs go at each other fully healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't go balls out in a game they had already won??

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and Porker will make sure we lose to GS
    That also sounds like an adequate snack name.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoa, I thought one of the would be KD falling down if the game is on the line. He's falling down in one of those six games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During the 1st game the Spurs went with a Mills-Manu-Simmons-Leonard-Aldridge unit to combat the Warriors going small leaving them without rim protection.

I'm curious to see more of the LMA pick and roll with Leonard (when Green was guarding LMA and Iggy was guarding Leonard). Green and Iggy attempted to trap Leonard; Kawhi got the ball to Aldridge, who rolled to the rim for an easy uncontested dunk.

(1:27 mark)

LMA rolling to the rim in small ball units (especially with a Mills-Manu-Green-Leonard-Aldridge lineup) could pose a problem to the Warriors. Durant would probably guard Danny Green while Iggy guards Leonard, meaning Durant would likely be far away from the rim.

In the play above, Durant was sagging off Simmons, who was spotting up in the left corner. If Durant played it the same way, Aldridge could easily see and find Green for an open corner 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's boarding is also super important. In the first game of the season all of those guys were crushing the Warriors down low, just super aggressive. LMA, Gasol, Dedmon, Kawhi, Lee, are all a complete load for a team that not only lacks great bigs, but lacks strong wings who can also hang down there. Even Kyle Anderson is better than their bench guys. Control the boards, control the series.
    I think guard rebounding will be big in this series. Spurs out rebounded them 17-6 (Anderson, Simmons, Mills, Parker, Manu, vs Curry, Thompson, Livingston, McCaw). For the whole game, Spurs out boarded them 55-35 with a 21-8 Offensive rebound advantage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Unless I'm mistaken, both games against the spurs, the Warriors are coming off b2b's. I hate to measure games when the other team played the night before. Even though the Warriors are still young enough that it might not matter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to take a page out of Cleveland's playbook, and post Kawahi on Steph Curry all the freakin time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how quickly is got ass op gonna backtrack on this and Welch?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how quickly is got ass op gonna backtrack on this and Welch?
    I was just watching your sig while listening to "Paradise City". Somehow that was enjoyable....

Okay, that was random on my part...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to take a page out of Cleveland's playbook, and post Kawahi on Steph Curry all the freakin time.
    And how do you get Curry to guard Kawhi in the first place? A 1-3 P&R with TP or Patty is not going to force a switch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And how do you get Curry to guard Kawhi in the first place? A 1-3 P&R with TP or Patty is not going to force a switch.
    I actually think it would.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Care to elaborate? The only situation I can imagine is where Kawhi is hot and threatens to drain that pull up three with the PG setting the screen. But that is not a very high percentage shot. Otherwise I see the defense just going under the pick. Durant is long enough to bother the ball handler and still stick with Kawhi.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    They did fine on Clarkson and Russell. 37 points on 38 possessions is not the efficiency you need to beat the Spurs. It's even more obvious when you consider how much of that was semi-garbage time.

They were a combined 16-32 from the field. Who was guarding Ingram, btw? You'll have to define garbage time because the game was never close. Anyways, So why again do we care that Booker put up numbers for Brooklyn in a game that on paper was over before the season began. Durant didn't even play, Curry and Thompson didn't go off like they're capable of and Green was 1-10 from the field and the game was never in doubt. If we want to jump to conclusions, that's fine but let's not pretend like GS isn't # 2 in defensive efficiency and while they do give up points in the paint, it's three points in the paint less than they gave up last year when they had Bogut and only four points more than the Spurs have given up this year. Is GS beatable? Sure, but any team's fanbase (Clippers, Rockets, Cavs) could come up with scenarios and blue prints on how to beat the Warriors and all the things that would have to go right for their team to win the series. In a whirlwind scenario, the Spurs have a real shot at beating the Warriors however, we can't act like the Spurs don't have more holes to fill than the Warriors at the present time (the two games post all-star break haven't changed that).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were a combined 16-32 from the field.
    That's mediocre by itself. Add in their turnovers, and they pedestrian on their possessions. Their performances, especially in a high-paced game that was never really compe ive, was not remotely concerning.

Anyways, So why again do we care that Booker put up numbers for Brooklyn in a game that on paper was over before the season began.
    The Brooklyn game was no remotely similar. They constantly fought and even took the lead in the second quarter until some of the worst plays I've ever seen resulted in the Warriors scoring like 12 points in 90 seconds or something like that. We don't care about that game in the sense of trying to find a gameplan. Its significance is actually in showing what type of big gives GS trouble. It's not the stars like DMC and AD. It's the guys who rebound at a high level and usually are able to put in the rebounds for scores. While I agree that GS is an overall better team statistically, I've given my theory on their DRtg before. When they do lose, it's almost always in the same way.

If Memphis had a better wing than injured Parsons, perhaps they'd have a real chance of beating GS, because Zach Randolph is an absolute nightmare for them coming off the bench. On the flipside, LAC doesn't have any dominant rebounding bigs. They have the top talent, but not the play style. The Cavs have Thompson and Love to rebound. Houston doesn't have great rebounding bigs (which is a huge reason why Harden gets so many boards), while OKC has two really good ones and one mediocre one.

The Spurs have the best set of rebounding bigs in the game. Then you add that into Leonard, Green and Anderson, who are three guys who CAN rebound at a high level for their positions but haven't really had to do so consistently this season, and you get the most lopsided advantage any team has over the Warriors. While it's totally true that any fanbase can talk themselves into believing they have a chance, no other team (probably not even Cleveland) has a clearer, more straight-forward path to beating them than SA does. They're the only team that doesn't have to base their plan on the Warriors having some bad luck or making some foolish mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is deandre jordan not an elite rebounder? I must be missing something

Thread Information