Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,1532430.story

Boston Celtics center Kendrick Perkins will play in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals Friday.

The NBA announced it would rescind the second technical foul against Perkins official Eddie Rush called with 36.1 seconds left in the first half. Celtics forward Paul Pierce's foul with 8:12 in the fourth quarter has also been upgraded to a flagrant foul 1.

Perkins was called for two technical fouls against the Orlando Magic in Game 5 in Orlando, thus collecting his seventh technical foul of the playoffs. Seven technical fouls automatically result in an one game suspension.

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said he didn't believe Perkins deserved either technical in his post game press conference Wednesday.
    FWIW

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Both techs were questionable as the first one it looked like his momentum carried his elbow up into the face of the Orlando player. The 2nd one was straight ludicrous and I ain't talkin' bout Word of Mouf...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should rescind every tech handed out last night. Ridiculous showboating by the officials.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They should rescind every tech handed out last night. Ridiculous showboating by the officials.
    That Rondo tech was hilarious, too...Don't know what was going on, but the refs were angsty the whole night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's the point of having refs if the nba is just gonna rescind everything?

the nba hates when players or coaches about the refs and the nba claims their refs are the best in the biz but the nba keeps pulling this every in' time! wtf!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well...of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good job STERN, good damn job!
    Why? So he can pick up his 7th against the Lake-show in the finals?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Well that is good news. Problem is Orlando is playing with all the confidence in the world now. They really believe they can win this series more now than ever. This is why it is important to finish a team off as early as possible especially if you have an old team like Boston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While a collapse of epic proportions is my preferred outcome for this series, rescinding the tech was the right decision. Putting Joey and Eddie on the court for the same game virtually assures that the officiating will be a major part of the story. It's bad enough that they had an impact on Game 5, their influence shouldn't be allowed to carry over to Game 6.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If anyone thought game 5 was physical and intense, wait until game 6. By the end of tomorrow night Howard's elbows will be worn down to the bone and Pierce will have set the record for most career-ending injuries in one game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good decision to rescind the T, no doubt about it..

I can't wait until the NBA gets rid of these old-ass refs though..get some new guys in, these old guys have massive egos and are too incompetent..

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Damage was already done.

Influence result of a game, then rescind it later after the game is over. The desired outcome was achieved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good decision indeed this tech was absolutely ridiculous

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Howard's elbow is the most powerful thing the league has seen. That thing can swing a series in no time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any word on if Davis is gonna play tomorrow night?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Howard's elbow is the most powerful thing the league has seen. That thing can swing a series in no time.

Banned
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If anyone thought game 5 was physical and intense, wait until game 6. By the end of tomorrow night Howard's elbows will be worn down to the bone and Pierce will have set the record for most career-ending injuries in one game.
    That's a good one

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    How the heck the 1st technical isn't rescinded? How the heck Pierce's foul is upgraded to a flagrant 1 and nothing happens to Howard?

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

This was only in one half... and a relatively calm half for his standards in this series. Howard has been worse than Malone in the last 3 games - because the refs are allowing him to be. As Johnny Most would say, he's a thug and a criminal.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    There have been so many threads and posts about the pussification of the NBA and it cannot be reiterated enough. The league is soft. Yes Howard throws elbows. Yes KG sets illegal picks. Yes there were hard fouls both ways last night. In the 80s, that was the average regular season game. These are men, professionals, who get paid to play basketball.

A little rough play shouldn't be viewed as such a bad thing. And Karl Malone was a million times worse back in his day than Howard is now. It's not close.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    There weren't hard fouls both ways because one team was getting called for ticky-tack fouls and getting technical fouls for accidental elbows and the other wasn't.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I wish the league would have rescinded the suspension of Amare against the Spurs a few years ago.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    How the heck the 1st technical isn't rescinded? How the heck Pierce's foul is upgraded to a flagrant 1 and nothing happens to Howard?
    Yeah, I didn't get the upgrade either.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Crucify him, Luva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information