Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I applaud Obama for pushing this. Our military is made up of professionals, and I expect that while there may be some bumps, this is a great step forward. It was asinine to be kicking out qualified soldiers during a time of war, merely because they liked the same sex.

It's nice to see Obama can live up to a promise every once in a while. (Now, there is the matter of GTMO still being open...)

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    At one point in the WoT, they were kicking out so many Arabic translators, it was jokingly referred to as Don't Ask, Don't Translate. It costs hundreds of thousands to train up one of them, so from a purely financial standpoint, it was colossally stupid to discharge them.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I can't wait to hear about all the Billy Badass rednecks in the military beating up gay soldiers (and most likely doing sicker stuff than that).

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I applaud Obama for pushing this. Our military is made up of professionals, and I expect that while there may be some bumps, this is a great step forward. It was asinine to be kicking out qualified soldiers during a time of war, merely because they liked the same sex.

It's nice to see Obama can live up to a promise every once in a while. (Now, there is the matter of GTMO still being open...)

Long overdue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has 's gate opened up and swallowed the country??? Or is that scheduled for noon?

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren't traditional marriages supposed to be destroyed when gays were allowed to marry?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All "Christian" hate groups take a well-deserved kick in the teeth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to give Obama much credit for this. He had to be dragged kicking and screaming. Glad its done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff. I wonder if the US NAVY will see a rise in recruiting now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff. I wonder if the US NAVY will see a rise in recruiting now?
    The Navy, specifically, is not having any trouble in this economy. My boy intends to enlist as soon as he graduates (from High School) next spring. He qualified for Nuclear School on the ASVAB. Of course that was before he ruptured his ACL a couple of Friday nights ago...could delay things a bit.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The Navy, specifically, is not having any trouble in this economy. My boy intends to enlist as soon as he graduates (from High School) next spring. He qualified for Nuclear School on the ASVAB. Of course that was before he ruptured his ACL a couple of Friday nights ago...could delay things a bit.
    Pfft... tell him to go EOD.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have rather had a good healthcare bill. Obama can still go off.

Pain Strength Happiness ManuBalboa's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's up for a lil Spartan pre-battle training session??? Anyone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a practical question about the lifting of DADT.

If women and men aren't allowed to bunk and shower together, for obvious reasons; how does the military plan to separate those physically and sexually attracted to the same sex?

I'm attracted to women and, I understand why they wouldn't want me showering with them. Even if I minded my manners, averted my eyes, and played nice; would the woman be any more uncomfortable?

I don't see the difference with men and women being forced to shower with those who are physically attracted to the same sex.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a practical question about the lifting of DADT.

If women and men aren't allowed to bunk and shower together, for obvious reasons; how does the military plan to separate those physically and sexually attracted to the same sex?

I'm attracted to women and, I understand why they wouldn't want me showering with them. Even if I minded my manners, averted my eyes, and played nice; would the woman be any more uncomfortable?

I don't see the difference with men and women being forced to shower with those who are physically attracted to the same sex.
    You're free to end your military career if it bothers you. Doesn't sound like anybody is forcing you to be there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it bother people so much to know whether the next guy is gay or not?

I mean, he was still gay before you knew.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it bother people so much to know whether the next guy is gay or not?

I mean, he was still gay before you knew.
    But, knowing it in the shower is a bit different.

Would it bother your sister (if you have one) to be forced to shower with men?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would it bother your sister (if you have one) to be forced to shower with men?
    Nobody is forcing anyone. If my sister willfully opted to take on a job where as part of her duties she would need to shower alongside lesbian women, then that's entirely her call. Why would I object?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a good thing men in the armed forces weren't showering with gay men prior to DADT being repealed.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

You know, you guys in the Air Force have it made. Those in the Army, Marines, and Navy have to share such close quarters, showers, etc. rather often. Maybe it will work well for the Air Force, but... Just wait and see. This will be big trouble.

Mark my words, 9/20/11.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I can't wait to hear about all the Billy Badass rednecks in the military beating up gay soldiers (and most likely doing sicker stuff than that).
    What I see likely happening is the gays harassing the straits, and maybe getting beat up over several harassment. Maybe complain about sexual harassment that has nothing happen because it will appear the commanders instilling discipline are being anti gay.

This has opened a can of worms with so many possible scenarios.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Pfft... tell him to go EOD.
    Hard to beat the technical training the navy has for their nuclear ships. Many $80k+ Parts Changes I have worked with are prior Navy nuclear.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why?

Do you get an erection if you know?

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    What I see likely happening is the gays harassing the straits
    Yes. We know. That's why it's called phobia.

Thread Information