Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the 99999th time, no one is saying he isn't a few years away. Obi isn't shooting 20%, he has shot a free throw, and he's not doing that in the g league. This thread doesn't get bumped if Poku was averaging 1 ppg, 1 rpg, 1 apg on NBA minutes.

Poku had yet another horrid outing yesterday in the g league for the 5th consecutive time.
    So your argument isn't that he isn't three years away, but that his stats right now are poor? Oh, ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So your argument isn't that he isn't three years away, but that his stats right now are poor? Oh, ok.
    IN THE G-LEAGUE.

"Merely addressing the fact that he is playing poor against g-league compe ion. Unheard of for successful NBA players, even for developmental players like Poku."

If I'm wrong, name one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IN THE G-LEAGUE.

"Merely addressing the fact that he is playing poor against g-league compe ion. Unheard of for successful NBA players, even for developmental players like Poku."

If I'm wrong, name one.
    Irrelevant if he's three years away. Shooting was never his strength, even when he was dominating the advanced stats at age 17 around other 17 year olds in Europe.

A few years ago, lots of people said there was no way the Spurs would sign Aldridge because the Spurs never land big free agents. George Hill's first few summer league games made people worry he couldn't shoot at all on the big stage, and a decade later he lead the NBA in 3 pt%. Sorry, I just don't think 5 games in a weird bubble during a pandemic from a guy who just turned 20 after moving to a new country means much. 5 games is an incredibly tiny sample size.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to agree he is a long term pick based on his potential even more so then Luka - Give him two years to figure out how American Basketball is played vs Europe and let him better learn English and just get comfortable and I think he will be a good player if he can stay healthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally have access to a computer.

Five games now. How far back do you need to go? G League stats go all the way back to 2007-2008. If you can't find a player since then, you're not going to find one at all. Whether he's the main focus or not, the dude isn't coming off the bench, he's a starter. He SHOULD be finding ways to contribute, but the reality is, he's not. He's being benched in g-league the same reason Kylor Kelley gets benched-- he is mismatched on defense and perimeter players take him to school. Again, it was popularly known that he was playing in the "big leagues" or professional league overseas, he should be looking like a NBA player in the *g-league* at the minimum.

To everyone else:

I amnotsayingitwon'ttakeafewyearsforPokutobecomeadecentNBAplayer.

Merely addressing the fact that he is playing poor against g-league compe ion. Unheard of for successful NBA players, even for developmental players like Poku.
    That's just not true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just not true.
    Bruh, who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting g-league playing bad and then went on to make it on the NBA? I recall many guys. Like I said, I remember Dejounte, Lonnie started off poorly too if I recall correctly and I'm sure there are many more guys. It's difficuot to be definitive because it's hard to find game logs from the g-league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting g-league playing bad and then went on to make it on the NBA? I recall many guys. Like I said, I remember Dejounte, Lonnie started off poorly too if I recall correctly and I'm sure there are many more guys. It's difficuot to be definitive because it's hard to find game logs from the g-league.
    No, they didn't.

https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player...erMode=PerGame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, they didn't.

Here's the way to find game logs, Chinook
    Last edited by Dejounte; 02-20-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the 100,000th time.... Ahh forget it. No one likes to read.

It only goes to the Warriors if it isn't top 3. They must be praying they win the lottery.
    Yeah, sorry didn’t clarify that. But with way draft lottery odds got flattened, there’s a 60% chance the worst team doesn’t even get into the top three.

Agree, they’ll be on pins and needles draft lottery night. Either a 40% shot at a top 3 pick, or no pick at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. It's crazy how hard it was for me to see anything. The closest I got was looking a monthly splits on RGM. Those worked okay for this question (since the first month of the season is often just like five or six games), but this is obviously way better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In his latest G League game, Poku's shooting woes continued, but he showed off the ability to affect winning by stuffing the stat sheet across the board, with 19 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, and 4 blocked shots. And he's still younger than the majority of draftable players coming up this year.

https://gleague.nba.com/games/20210226/OKLAUS/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what happened to this thread on the last two pages? wtf

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unicorn potential. He has a broad spectrum of both big man skills, blocks and rebounds, and little man skills, passing and ball handling and steals. Crawford isn’t the comp, Kristaps is, or maybe a taller Kukoc. He’s an enigma, in that he has probably one of the top 3 highest ceilings, and one of the bottom 3 lowest floors in the first round. In the wrong organization, he’ll be a three year blip on the NBA radar.
    Bro have you ever had a good player evaluation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro have you ever had a good player evaluation?
    Bro, have you ever learned reading comprehension? High ceiling low floor means he could be Kristaps, or he could be Austin Daye. Oh, and I’ll just leave this here, since you obviously didn’t read it...

In his latest G League game, Poku's shooting woes continued, but he showed off the ability to affect winning by stuffing the stat sheet across the board, with 19 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, and 4 blocked shots. And he's still younger than the majority of draftable players coming up this year.

https://gleague.nba.com/games/20210226/OKLAUS/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KY is not playing for us man go to your Clipper forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching OKC vs. Knicks right now. He's a fluid horizontal athlete for his size and given his length probably can play perimeter slots. Holy is he a terrible shooter, though. I don't know why they keep letting him shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10/23/4 and a W against a tough and compe ive Memphis team, this is the moment when people understand that statistics in the gleague are irrelevant and what matters is the development and identifying what can be taken to the real games? probably not, but whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10/23/4 and a W against a tough and compe ive Memphis team, this is the moment when people understand that statistics in the gleague are irrelevant and what matters is the development and identifying what can be taken to the real games? probably not, but whatever.
    I dunno. He shoots so much, like a ridiculous amount, at such a horrific percentage, he was bound to have a good game here or there. I think he's definitely an NBA player, but this isn't a surprise to have one good shooting game. Overall he's at 25% from two and 17% from three for the season and doesn't seem to have any discipline on what kinds of shots he throws up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno. He shoots so much, like a ridiculous amount, at such a horrific percentage, he was bound to have a good game here or there. I think he's definitely an NBA player, but this isn't a surprise to have one good shooting game. Overall he's at 25% from two and 17% from three for the season and doesn't seem to have any discipline on what kinds of shots he throws up.
    he is very young and has been competing against the "elite" of basketball since day 1, his tools are insane with the right development, he will need to "work hard" to fail in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of which I ever disagreed with but continue on and indirectly try to pile on me. You always miss the context of my posts, anyway. Put me on ignore, it would do us both good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is very young and has been competing against the "elite" of basketball since day 1, his tools are insane with the right development, he will need to "work hard" to fail in the NBA.
    I don't think those are good excuses. Young players can be good shooters. He's just a really atrocious one at the moment. I don't know what the OKC staff is thinking letting him launch from everywhere and clattering them against the rim and backboard. Have you seen him play? Just awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of which I ever disagreed with but continue on and indirectly try to pile on me. You always miss the context of my posts, anyway. Put me on ignore, it would do us both good.
    sorry bro, I didn't really read who wrote something (although I read some posts, I don't really care who writes them), I just hope you don't take it personally, if you look carefully, you'll notice that I liked it several of your posts, it's just disagreement with ideas, nothing more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think those are good excuses. Young players can be good shooters. He's just a really atrocious one at the moment. I don't know what the OKC staff is thinking letting him launch from everywhere and clattering them against the rim and backboard. Have you seen him play? Just awful.
    it wasn't the intention, it was a cold pre-analysis, not everyone is Rubio, or Doncic, if an analysis is correct or wrong only the future will say, Samanic looked like a guy with little effort and even lack of interest on the court until a few months ago and now he really looks like an above average defender, even with limited nba experience, Poku will improve all aspects of his game, the anomaly would be if he didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's a matter of him being an atrocious shooter, it's just more about your second idea: he's taking awful shots. A lot of off the bounce 3's. Once his shot selection improves, his % will go up.

Thread Information