Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised no one is talking about that Harden out of bounds call that the refs made to give HOU the ball back late in the third.... Beverley hit a 3 because of it.

That error forced OT and potentially the game

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a blatant bad call, the ball was clearly out of the cylinder, and ass Reggie was saying how that was a good call
    Reggie wouldn't know a "good call" if it whipped out its and ed his face live on air.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want to have some fun - go back and watch the last couple of minutes of regulation and the OT, and just watch Harden. It's not even close to that NBA refs should be allowing.

I posted it in the game thread, but there's a play near the end of regulation where Harden drives, and kicks to the corner, and then kicks Danny's legs out from under him so he can't go out and contest the corner 3. Reggie was blabbering about the defender "just falling down". The funny part was that after the shot was in the air, he threw himself on the floor like he'd been hit by a truck, so in case the shot didn't fall he could get a foul call. He's a tricky sonofa , I'll give him that. But the refs are doing everything but give him a reach-around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised no one is talking about that Harden out of bounds call that the refs made to give HOU the ball back late in the third.... Beverley hit a 3 because of it.

That error forced OT and potentially the game
    Yeah THAT was the real bad call!

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "How can you just fall down on a close out."

--R. Miller, like that just randomly happens to one of the best wing defenders in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "How can you just fall down on a close out."

--R. Miller, like that just randomly happens to one of the best wing defenders in the game.
    Miller is horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the above the rim replay showed the ball still in the cylinder. Yes it was coming out but you still can't touch it until it completely clears.

I thought it was out. But... from the NBA's own explanation of most misunderstood rules:

4. Once it has touched the rim and is either using the rim as its base or has bounced off the rim and is in the imaginary cylinder above the rim. (Note, a ball that is rolling off the rim may be touched, even if it is still in contact with the rim because it has no chance to go in)

The point of the "in the cylinder" phrase is that the ball has a reasonable chance to go in. That ball was clearly moving away from the basket, with zero chance to go in, regardless of whether some tiny portion of it was still over the iron. It was a bad call, which I think the league has admitted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was out. But... from the NBA's own explanation of most misunderstood rules:

4. Once it has touched the rim and is either using the rim as its base or has bounced off the rim and is in the imaginary cylinder above the rim. (Note, a ball that is rolling off the rim may be touched, even if it is still in contact with the rim because it has no chance to go in)

The point of the "in the cylinder" phrase is that the ball has a reasonable chance to go in. That ball was clearly moving away from the basket, with zero chance to go in, regardless of whether some tiny portion of it was still over the iron. It was a bad call, which I think the league has admitted.
    Interesting.

GR Junior
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, in all my basketball watching, a ball coming off like that has NEVER been called goaltending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And this, from Rule 11 on Goaltending:

c. For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score.

I've looked at a number of their video explanations of goaltending. They even have one where they say it was legal to touch the ball while it was still in contact with the rim. I'll see if I can dig it up.

That was a bad call. Worse because the ref made it due to a screaming on the sideline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, no doubt that ball was going out the NBA. The worst part was Reggie Miller saying it was a good call as the ball was still over the cylinder GTFOH with that .
    Yeah, consider the source...

What I would really like Pop to rant about and the NBA to comment on are all the push offs that the refs allow Harden to get away with. If the officials called half of those, though Harden would be in constant foul trouble - can't have that. : wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

c. For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score.

I've looked at a number of their video explanations of goaltending. They even have one where they say it was legal to touch the ball while it was still in contact with the rim. I'll see if I can dig it up.

That was a bad call. Worse because the ref made it due to a screaming on the sideline.
    Yeah, the bigger issue is that goaltending was not even called so it shouldn't have been reviewable.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also that backcourt violation was a missed call

Today's Refs
    The ball never crossed half court line. Kawhi was on the other side of the line if that matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ball never crossed half court line. Kawhi was on the other side of the line if that matters.
    Yeah that one should not have been backcourt. The ball never crossed half court. Another call me because the refs reacted to Pringles ing.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That ball had no chance of going in. Utter bull .

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You've been on point for several posts here.

At the very, very least they have to go to replay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone from replay center said if Kawhi had caught it with feet in frontcourt, it would have been a backcourt violation. Because he tipped it and was technically at that point not in full control and then dribbled with ball fully in backcourt, it should have been kosher. Refs messes it up

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the bigger issue is that goaltending was not even called so it shouldn't have been reviewable.
    Thats my issue. This is not the first time I have seen a selective replay with no such call to be reversed.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the refs called a lot of balls out of bounds for Rockets that were wrong. And Houston always scored on them, including a 4th quarter 3 that put them up 4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also that backcourt violation was a missed call

Today's Refs

I'm surprised no one ever mentioned that on the post game somewhere. The rule says both feet AND the ball have to cross the midcourt line. The ball never crossed the line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised no one ever mentioned that on the post game somewhere. The rule says both feet AND the ball have to cross the midcourt line. The ball never crossed the line.
    They mentioned it on NBATV; not surprised TNT missed it

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long story short, we won playing 5 on 8 last night.

those got refs. Way too many bad calls to not be a deliberate screwjob attempt.

If we had lost that game...

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Even worse because there was an angle clearly showing how LMa even suspended in the air waiting for the ball to come off the rim, and tipping it in when appropriate. For all the times we criticize LMa, this was a great play from him. Yet the refs couldn't see the ball was by all rules off time rim.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone from replay center said if Kawhi had caught it with feet in frontcourt, it would have been a backcourt violation. Because he tipped it and was technically at that point not in full control and then dribbled with ball fully in backcourt, it should have been kosher. Refs messes it up
    He also kinda got bumped by Beverley, the same way Green got pushed outside of the court trying to get a loose ball and ended up giving it to the Rockets. I wonder if the refs thinks those plays are flops, but the fouls guys like Harden get are not..

Tbf, I do remember a pair of blocking fouls that could've been offensive fouls against the Spurs. I guess that's something.

On the announcers, I think most of them just focus on defending the refs decisions on most cases, with exceptions here or there. The only one I remember that openly criticizes the refs is JVG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody have a gif or vid??

Thread Information