Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn I was hoping I hadn't posted in this thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of those posters will come out of the cave as soon as DeRozan has a bad game and will say " TOLD YOU SO "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that was a time when the Spurs thought we had a Western conference championship level talent and didn't need to add more offensive talent. It was pg (Parker replacement) and C (Duncan) that were were focused on.

Had we known: green would not be great, Parker would be so limited, we'd have welcomed DeRozan, but remember Spurs fan thought we might get LeBron, Durant, and cp3. We were spoiled AF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that was a time when the Spurs thought we had a Western conference championship level talent and didn't need to add more offensive talent. It was pg (Parker replacement) and C (Duncan) that were were focused on.

Had we known: green would not be great, Parker would be so limited, we'd have welcomed DeRozan, but remember Spurs fan thought we might get LeBron, Durant, and cp3. We were spoiled AF
    Spurs ended up signing Gasol that off-season, and they had Manu's cap hold. I think renouncing everyone and letting Manu walk/giving him the min would have put the Spurs at around $22.5 Million in cap space. Would have left the Spurs about $3 Million short of signing DeRozan. The easy solution may have been to trade Green, since he was in DeMar's spot to begin with, and they could have kept Manu. But Danny was coming off a great post-season and was a year removed from a tremendous regular season. Plus, he was a lot cheaper. Trading Tony would have been the better play tactically, but it wasn't obvious back then how seamlessly DeRozan could replace Tony's role and production. Might have been able to keep Manu, sign Dedmon to a longer-term deal and still had the room exception for another player. In a weird twist, that team would have been loaded on the wings but had no guard depth (no, Forbes and Murray didn't could back then).

Mills/Murray/Forbes
    DeRozan/Ginobili/Simmons
    Leonard/Green/Anderson
    Aldridge/Bertans/Room exception
    Dedmon/Lee/Anthony

In reality, that's a damned good roster, and they may well have won the West that year if they could have gotten into the post-season healthy. If it ever occurred to Pop to start running DeRozan at PG to free up a bench spot from Simmons, Anderson or Bertans, they could have been all the better. Gasol was a pretty good player for that squad, though, and he would have been missed. Manu would have also been likely to be upset about Tony leaving and could have walked to Philly as a result. Losing the entire Big Three in one off-season would have been rough, but in retrospect, it might have been better. Plus that money might have been useable on a decent PG or center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way the raptors accept a green for derozan or parker for derozan trade..lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd rather than Demar chucking up long-twos while Kawhi and LMA stand there waiting for a rebound? Dude is like a Kobe if Kobe couldn't shoot.
    one of the top worst posters in here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is terrible, this idea
    another moron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally would want Kevin Martin back over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather stand pat than add a cancer like Demar
    spus fans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some absolute gold in here enjoy

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of season left for a lot of these posters to be vindicated tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ew not really. Worst-case, he's a beta who have us a chance to hope. For a team that needed offense so badly last year, I'll take a consistent regular-season scorer at a minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way the raptors accept a green for derozan or parker for derozan trade..lol
    It's not a trade. DeRozan was a free-agent that year, and the Spurs could have easily traded Parker and especially Green for cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too soon to bump imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a trade. DeRozan was a free-agent that year, and the Spurs could have easily traded Parker and especially Green for cap space.

Yeah ah I see..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs ended up signing Gasol that off-season, and they had Manu's cap hold. I think renouncing everyone and letting Manu walk/giving him the min would have put the Spurs at around $22.5 Million in cap space. Would have left the Spurs about $3 Million short of signing DeRozan. The easy solution may have been to trade Green, since he was in DeMar's spot to begin with, and they could have kept Manu. But Danny was coming off a great post-season and was a year removed from a tremendous regular season. Plus, he was a lot cheaper. Trading Tony would have been the better play tactically, but it wasn't obvious back then how seamlessly DeRozan could replace Tony's role and production. Might have been able to keep Manu, sign Dedmon to a longer-term deal and still had the room exception for another player. In a weird twist, that team would have been loaded on the wings but had no guard depth (no, Forbes and Murray didn't could back then).

Mills/Murray/Forbes
    DeRozan/Ginobili/Simmons
    Leonard/Green/Anderson
    Dedmon/Lee/Anthony

In reality, that's a damned good roster, and they may well have won the West that year if they could have gotten into the post-season healthy. If it ever occurred to Pop to start running DeRozan at PG to free up a bench spot from Simmons, Anderson or Bertans, they could have been all the better. Gasol was a pretty good player for that squad, though, and he would have been missed. Manu would have also been likely to be upset about Tony leaving and could have walked to Philly as a result. Losing the entire Big Three in one off-season would have been rough, but in retrospect, it might have been better. Plus that money might have been useable on a decent PG or center.

That lineup right there can beat the warriors any day..i don’t think it’s possible to get derozan without trading either kawhi or aldridge..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs talk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure a lot of These posters with join date “July 2018” are derozan fans from raptors forum..lol

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already have lowered expectations because of the team's defense. If he can produce an entertaining regular season I'll be happy. It would be way more than they would have gotten out of Ingram & Kuzma or Terry Rozier or Robert Covington or whatever other deals they could have had this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure a lot of These posters with join date “July 2018” are derozan fans from realgm..lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That lineup right there can beat the warriors any day..is it really possible to get derozan without trading either kawhi or aldridge?
    Yes. They used cap space that summer (2016) to sign Gasol. The difference between what Pau got and what it would have taken to match DeRozan's APY from Toronto is about $10 Million. They could have gotten that much money in a number of ways without including Kawhi or Aldridge. Both fo those players were relatively cheap, considering they were signed before the cap e.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. They used cap space that summer (2016) to sign Gasol. The difference between what Pau got and what it would have taken to match DeRozan's APY from Toronto is about $10 Million. They could have gotten that much money in a number of ways without including Kawhi or Aldridge. Both fo those players were relatively cheap, considering they were signed before the cap e.
    we could have won the le the next season if we had derozan/kawhi/LA ..
    Last edited by skin27; 11-01-2018 at 07:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mills/Murray/Forbes
    DeRozan/Ginobili/Simmons
    Leonard/Green/Anderson
    Dedmon/Lee/Anthony

Gross with starting Mills tbh
    He's a roleplayer that gets exposed and gets worse the more minutes and better lineups you play him against.

Thread Information