Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a special session in response to the police shooting. I don't think they've blown their shot at all. If Biden wins and Democrats take the Senate then their are going to major policing changes in response to their protests.

Who cares if they wear out their welcome? The protests aren't about getting people on their side, its about getting justice and affecting policy/ society changes. They have a very good chance at doing that, technically they already have.

If you think Biden is doing anything to improve your situation you are gravely mistaken. These guys are just using you for a quick vote. Watch... when he's in charge he'll go back to doing what he'd done the last 40+ years. Nothing but promises. Things don't change at the snap of a finger. Even if they pass laws... I guaranty blacks will still be killing blacks in Chicago. (A far bigger issue!) You've heard this before.. it takes the INDIVIDUAL to spark enduring change.

----

Unless all of the current elected officials at all levels get voted out and the ones voted in are in line with your thinking... you damn right you don't want to wear out your welcome. Just think man, all those people that are the target of protesters that just sit there and take it. Looks like they are cowering and submitting to the mob. Once people get over the novelty of this uprising and start to form counter mobs then it will all go to . And, more than likely the same people will remain in office. At this point while BLM is making some progress they better not get too greedy.

I personally think they are not out for equality but for revenge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't believe all the BS you hear online. This is apparently the first video,

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...85918303580162

I can't really see what's going on, but the story is that the guy who got shot rushed him blindside, the 17 year old turned and shot... That's the kind of thing that happens if you rush an armed man in a riot. Freeze it at 51 s, you'll see, that's no "perfect head shot", the guy still has a face. 2 inches higher or to the left it's a miss.

and this is the second

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298520602630688768

That's pretty clear self defense - those guys were mobbing him, and he could reasonably expect to get beaten to death...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember they claimed the same crap about the cop in minnesota. Need a fact-check.
    The guy posted video from the event on January 30th to his Tik Tok

https://www.tiktok.com/@kylerittenho...761606?lang=en

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares if they wear out their welcome? The protests aren't about getting people on their side, its about getting justice and affecting policy/ society changes. They have a very good chance at doing that, technically they already have.
    Maybe you're not paying attention, but the other side of the argument is starting to show up, and they believe in rifles...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump passed the criminal reform bill

Biden in 1994 made it it worse for the blacks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy posted video from the event on January 30th to his Tik Tok

https://www.tiktok.com/@kylerittenho...761606?lang=en
    Lol you love china

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And why would he be attacked like that? Do you think he was just chilling minding his own businesses, or maybe, just maybe, and I'm going on a limb here, the guy went there and started to instigate ?

Seriously? Some people have a right to be there, with guns, burning ... but some people don't have a right to be there? So when they decided to try and stomp his ass for being there, was that "peaceful protest"? The guy with the Glock chasing him... did he bring that to protest peacefully?

Idiot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's what I think:

The kid is a Trump supporter.
    The kid shouldn't have been there.
    This is still self defense.
    He's still going to be found guilty of gun charges and crossing state lines with that weapon.
    Wisconsin is going to vote Trump because of this.
    Polls have closed to dead even the past week after Biden was up double digits and these riots are the main reason.
    The NBA boycott is going to make their ratings fall further.
    People are stupid.
    People do things they think are going to further their 'cause' but it actually works against their 'cause' (although I'm just repeating myself now).

These aren't statements about what I support. These are statements about what I see and my opinion of their results... no, I did not vote for Tump in 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What job other then NBA can people decide late in the day not to show up and not go to work without getting their ass fired ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake had knife in car when Kenosha cop shot him: Wisconsin DOJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't claim self defense if you drove in from out of state with a gun looking for a fight.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Trump passed the criminal reform bill

Biden in 1994 made it it worse for the blacks
    "the blacks"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cucks still thinks you can buy a slave on ebay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's what I think:

The kid is a Trump supporter. . . .

Wisconsin is going to vote Trump because of this. . . .

People do things they think are going to further their 'cause' but it actually works against their 'cause' . . . .
    Please tell me how this analysis adds up . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Close this thread please. It will not be a good discussion and is not relevant to the spurs off season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't claim self defense if you drove in from out of state with a gun looking for a fight.
    when you go to a protest with a semi automatic and are surprised happened

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its like he was trying to suicide by cop or something....why would you behave that dumb if you didn't want to die?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure he will say he wasn't looking for a fight, just prepared for trouble, which is legal (open carry of long guns is legal in Wisconsin, I believe). And "drove in from out of state" is putting things on the worst light possible - he lives all of 10 minutes from Kenosha (it's on the Wisconsin - Illinois border), and it's probably where his family buy their groceries...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure he will say he wasn't looking for a fight, just prepared for trouble, which is legal (open carry of long guns is legal in Wisconsin, I believe).
    Just "standing his ground" no doubt . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think Biden is doing anything to improve your situation you are gravely mistaken. These guys are just using you for a quick vote. Watch... when he's in charge he'll go back to doing what he'd done the last 40+ years. Nothing but promises. Things don't change at the snap of a finger. Even if they pass laws... I guaranty blacks will still be killing blacks in Chicago. (A far bigger issue!) You've heard this before.. it takes the INDIVIDUAL to spark enduring change.

----

Unless all of the current elected officials at all levels get voted out and the ones voted in are in line with your thinking... you damn right you don't want to wear out your welcome. Just think man, all those people that are the target of protesters that just sit there and take it. Looks like they are cowering and submitting to the mob. Once people get over the novelty of this uprising and start to form counter mobs then it will all go to . And, more than likely the same people will remain in office. At this point while BLM is making some progress they better not get too greedy.

I personally think they are not out for equality but for revenge.
    lol the "what about chicago?" talking point is played out tbh. Black people are trying to stop the violence in Chicago and also trying to stop police from killing them. Its not an either/ or situation. They can and have been doing both. Black people living in high crime areas trust the criminals about as much as the police-- as in that they don't. That's literally the problem.

There is already legislation on the table for sweeping police reform changes, if Dems win the senate and it passes both chambers then Biden will obviously sign it.

How is BLM being greedy? Just because some violent people, in a much larger group, are ing up, doesn't mean the movement is being greedy.

How are they out for revenge? Their literally demanding that black people be treated fairly, that's a pretty bare bones demand on its surface, when you think about it.

If there are mobs that come after protestors, then that literally makes the protestors look better. Especially if its the same kinda of protestors that came to Charlottesville or stormed the statehouse in Michigan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure he will say he wasn't looking for a fight, just prepared for trouble, which is legal (open carry of long guns is legal in Wisconsin, I believe). And "drove in from out of state" is putting things on the worst light possible - he lives all of 10 minutes from Kenosha (it's on the Wisconsin - Illinois border), and it's probably where his family buy their groceries...
    LOL acting like it's just a short walk or something. Yeah they don't have grocery stores in Antioch, Illinois.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 17, the legal age to own a gun in Wisconsin and Illinois is 18 if I'm reading correctly. Also I'm sure he broke some sort of law crossing a firearm that he owns illegally across state lines. As for the self defense angle, I don't buy it. If it was self defense what was he doing in the middle of the street interacting with protesters? Supposedly he was supposed to be guarding a gas station or some bull like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 17, the legal age to own a gun in Wisconsin and Illinois is 18 if I'm reading correctly. Also I'm sure he broke some sort of law crossing a firearm that he owns illegally across state lines. As for the self defense angle, I don't buy it. If it was self defense what was he doing in the middle of the street interacting with protesters? Supposedly he was supposed to be guarding a gas station or some bull like that.
    Will be funny if his parents bought him that rifle and they get to face charges for a straw purchase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be funny if his parents bought him that rifle and they get to face charges for a straw purchase.
    Would be nice to see

Thread Information