Page 163 of 193 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 4810
    Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2020 RB Ty Jordan (West Mesquite) who was committed to Texas for awhile, has passed away (they are saying "accidental shooting")
    He was the Pac-12 freshman of the year at Utah
    Last edited by Juan Grande; 12-26-2020 at 10:56 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That is horrible news. Prayers for his family, especially on Christmas. You send your kid to college and coaches tell you they will take care of them and you get news like this. Devistating.

Post Count
    That is horrible news. Prayers for his family, especially on Christmas. You send your kid to college and coaches tell you they will take care of them and you get news like this. Devistating.
    Had nothing to do with coaches, happened in denton

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Had nothing to do with coaches, happened in denton
    the fact it didn't happen at school is good for the Ute program but still so very sad for the family.

How is this board with Brian Kelly? IT (Jesus Shuttlesworth) seems to believe him to be the new coach if/when Urban turns UT down again...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I heard that Kelly only makes 1.8 million with Notre Dame, I never would have thought that. If he is interested, he would be the next most ideal candidate after Urban Meyer. He has a strong track record of building/rebuilding teams. His teams have great offensive/defensive lines. His defenses are generally pretty strong, what I'm not sure of is can he produce an offense that can keep up with other Big 12 offenses?

With all that said, Texas would be lucky to get Brian Kelly from Notre Dame, but he has a good thing going with them and unless it's about the money I don't know there is anything we can offer him that they can't.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    the same brian kelly who lost to chuck strong.............

I'm kinda torn. Hard to predict how good somebody will be at a different school, but he has been successful at every school he's been to, oline shouldnt be a problem anymore, but he did lose to Charlie in the year Charlie was getting fired, and ultimately he just isn't Urban.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    the same brian kelly who lost to chuck strong.............
    The same Brian Kelly in the playoffs. The same Brian Kelly who has put several offensive linemen in the NFL. His ceiling might not be as high as Meyer, but his floor is a lot higher than anyone we have had since Mack.

Maybe even since Akers.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Maybe even since Akers.
    I always wondered what might have been with Akers if he won it all in 77 or 83. After Miami beat Nebraska in 83, it was a whole new world in college football and the game basically passed him by.

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How is this board with Brian Kelly? IT (Jesus Shuttlesworth) seems to believe him to be the new coach if/when Urban turns UT down again...
    He is a hard ass who has abused his own players on natl TV, which would make him quite the contrast from what our current roster is accustomed to. But I think an argument can be easily made that this might be exactly what they need.
    Another question would be can he recruit this state? If hired, would hope to see him hire some assistants with deep ties to Texas hs football and coaches.

Plus, there was this
    https://deadspin.com/how-a-notre-dam...t-have-5675694
    https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...-kid/79901586/
    Last edited by Juan Grande; 12-31-2020 at 09:26 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He is a hard ass who has abused his own players on natl TV, which would make him quite the contrast from what our current roster is accustomed to. But I think an argument can be easily made that this might be exactly what they need.
    Another question would be can he recruit this state? If hired, would hope to see him hire some assistants with deep ties to Texas hs football and coaches.
    If he is hired (Big IF) I hope he keeps several of our assistants but it is a must that he keeps Stan Drayton. Lose him and we likely lose Bijan Robinson. I'd honestly like to keep all of our defensive coaches for one more season as I think we have something with them.

What this team needs is a hard ass offensive line coach I don't know why we haven't been able to find one. I can't remember the last time we had a good oline coach. I also wouldn't mind stealing away the dline coach of Ohio state, I'd go so far as to offer him the DC position if we could get him. That dude knows what he is doing.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Very good first series by both the offense and defense!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That quick pitch to R. Johnson on 4th down shows he lacks speed.
    That had to be B. Robinson for that particular play.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Is Colorado fodder?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Is Colorado fodder?
    For this season, especially in the PAC or BiG, who knows.
    Ohio St. is lucky they had a rep or they might not have gotten in.
    They looked very beatable against Indiana and Northwestern.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wow.

Look at all the longhorn fans ready to comment on this board.
    A veritable desert.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wow.

A veritable desert.
    Cool.
    Our fans have opted out.
    What pro teams do you guys hope to end up on?

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I feel like we need to get Whittington and Jake more touches. That INT by Collins was insane!!! He’s such a freak athlete

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I feel like we need to get Whittington and Jake more touches. That INT by Collins was insane!!! He’s such a freak athlete
    Agreed.

I dont know if Whittington will ever be the same player.
    He has had some injuries in a number of different leg areas so he may be a s of himself.
    I really feel bad for him because I thought he was going to be awesome as a Fr.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So typical of UT.
    They are there to make the play but somehow goof it up

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wow.

A veritable desert.
    Yeah, nobody gives a . ty season, ty game. It’s also hard for the fans to give a when all the team captains who could play decided not to.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah, nobody gives a . ty season, ty game. It’s also hard for the fans to give a when all the team captains who could play decided not to.
    Diehard I see...

Post Count
    Sam is playing although I’d like to see other guys get some time.

Thread Information