San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte/White/Tre Jones
    Walker/Forbes/Primo
    Keldon/McDermott/Vassell/Aminu
    Thad Young/Samanic/Zach Collins
    Poeltl/Eubanks/Landale

2-ways: KBD, Wieskamp

Now McDermott could play PF, Collins can also play C, Landale can also play PF, Vassell SG and White SG. But the way I see it the 2 players that will have a hard time to find playing time are Samanic and Vassell. Also Eubanks might get cut or added to a trade who knows.
    At least one of Young and Aminu would definitely be included. My guess is there would be either 2 players at the PF or SF position on the move. Maybe SG. But right now the forward spots look overloaded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte/White/Tre Jones
    Walker/Forbes/Primo
    Keldon/McDermott/Vassell/Aminu
    Thad Young/Samanic/Zach Collins
    Poeltl/Eubanks/Landale

2-ways: KBD, Wieskamp

Now McDermott could play PF, Collins can also play C, Landale can also play PF, Vassell SG and White SG. But the way I see it the 2 players that will have a hard time to find playing time are Samanic and Vassell. Also Eubanks might get cut or added to a trade who knows.
    At least one of Young and Aminu would definitely be included. My guess is there would be either 2 players at the PF or SF position on the move. Maybe SG. But right now the forward spots look overloaded.
    KBD can't sign another two-way, and Wieskamp has too much leverage to be expected to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KBD can't sign another two-way, and Wieskamp has too much leverage to be expected to.
    Also has 1 too many players on the main roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that would mean Young, Aminu and Samanic for a PF like Siakam or Collins is most likely. Maybe Walker or Vassell included as well. Add the Bulls pick and the 2 2nds. But I don't see how that makes sense for any of these teams. Seems to not be enough. Are the Raptors looking for cap space?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok Chinook. That would mean the situation would look like this:

Dejounte/White/Tre Jones
    Walker/Forbes/Vassell/Primo
    Keldon/McDermott/Aminu/Weiskamp
    Thad Young/Samanic/Zach Collins/KBD
    Poeltl/Eubanks/Landale

18 players, which means 3 would have to be moved, maybe 4 for 1. Still looking like Young and Aminu + 2 of Samanic, Vassell, Walker + the picks we got from the Bulls. What could that get us realistically? I don't see it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that would mean Young, Aminu and Samanic for a PF like Siakam or Collins is most likely. Maybe Walker or Vassell included as well. Add the Bulls pick and the 2 2nds. But I don't see how that makes sense for any of these teams. Seems to not be enough. Are the Raptors looking for cap space?
    I think Masai is just looking for good assets, they don't care about the fit on their roster. They're in full rebuild mode.
    Siakam would be amazing, but PATFO would get fleeced by Masai again.
    I'd rather have him than Simmons or Collins.

Tbh, I'm scared of any potential trade as long as Brian Wright is in charge.

If they really want to make a trade for Siakam on Simmons, then they also need to go for Myles Turner, imo.
    Poeltl and Keldon with either of those two doesn't work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or ...

Samanic or Walker are added to the DDR package

Or they're dumped to a team with a trade exception like Dallas

Or they give up a 2nd to get OKC to take one off their hands

Or they cut Eubanks

I think those are far more likely than a trade for Simmons or Siakam or J. Collins or any good player.

I mean, maybe there's a big trade in the works, but the simplest explanation is that the Spurs love Forbes, they don't need an excuse to sign him

When you hear hoofbeats in the distance, sure, it could be zebras. But most likely it's just horses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Masai is just looking for good assets, they don't care about the fit on their roster. They're in full rebuild mode.
    Siakam would be amazing, but PATFO would get fleeced by Masai again.
    I'd rather have him than Simmons or Collins.

Tbh, I'm scared of any potential trade as long as Brian Wright is in charge.
    Siakam is 27, shot 29% from 3 and his contract is worse than John Collins for the max. Just saying

I wouldn't mind either. I think this looks definitely like a potential Toronto package. PF replacement, Cap relieve, young prospects and draft picks. The question is: Is it enough?
    timvp get in here. I need some sniffer takes

Edit: Ok Collins just resigned with the Hawks. We might just cut some guys and not do anything

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Siakam is 27, shot 29% from 3 and his contract is worse than John Collins for the max. Just saying

I wouldn't mind either. I think this looks definitely like an Atlanta or Toronto package. PF replacement, Cap relieve, young prospects and draft picks. The question is: Is it enough?

His percentages dropped because they expected him to improve enough to replace nephew, didn't happen.
    If Collins took shots Siakam takes, he'd be in low 30s from deep.

His contract runs out in 2024, same as DJ, one year earlier than Derrick. Fits the timeline if they want to try with that kind of a roster.
    He can actually handle the ball and create for himself and he's a way better defender than Collins.

But the price will probably be too much for my liking.
    Honestly, I'd just stick with what we have and see if DJ, Derrick and Lonnie can make the next step.
    If not, there are plenty of potential trades to be had on the deadline.

It's not like Siakam or Simmons would make us a serious playoff team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The options as I see them just spit balling this morning-

1) waive/buyout Aminu, Eubanks, KBD

2) trade for Simmons

3) trade for Siakam

4) take Wiggins + assets for a young player + Thad

2 of those options are rebuilding and 2 of those are trying to compete..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wouldn't mind either. I think this looks definitely like a potential Toronto package. PF replacement, Cap relieve, young prospects and draft picks. The question is: Is it enough?

Edit: Ok Collins just resigned with the Hawks. We might just cut some guys and not do anything
    weird train of logic

1 - i think this is a raptors trade

2 - well hawks trade is off the table, so now we wont do anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Siakam also plays alot better defense

But i dont see it happening. Probably some waives incoming

if anything does happen, i think it happens quick…like today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    weird train of logic

1 - i think this is a raptors trade

2 - well hawks trade is off the table, so now we wont do anything
    I'm just trying to make sense of it, cause I don't see how this roster makes sense at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok Chinook. That would mean the situation would look like this:

Dejounte/White/Tre Jones
    Walker/Forbes/Vassell/Primo
    Keldon/McDermott/Aminu/Weiskamp
    Thad Young/Samanic/Zach Collins/KBD
    Poeltl/Eubanks/Landale

18 players, which means 3 would have to be moved, maybe 4 for 1. Still looking like Young and Aminu + 2 of Samanic, Vassell, Walker + the picks we got from the Bulls. What could that get us realistically? I don't see it
    Jeffries still exists, and if he really had a TO, that means SA has already picked it up and his salary should be guaranteed. I dunno what the return would be. I'm not against a Wiggins deal to get more assets, but the Warriors don't really have picks anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have to believe that walker + one of murray/white will be on their way out if there's a trade brewing. probably thad and/or aminu for cap purposes as well. really curious to see what happens

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeffries still exists, and if he really had a TO, that means SA has already picked it up and his salary should be guaranteed. I dunno what the return would be. I'm not against a Wiggins deal to get more assets, but the Warriors don't really have picks anymore.
    For Wiggins we'd have to take their current young guys and waive Aminu, Jefferies, and KBD I'd think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all getting excited with all these trade possibilities, but seem to forget the Spurs swing a deal once every decade. Hope to be wrong, but my man Mugen knows this better than most around here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just trying to make sense of it, cause I don't see how this roster makes sense at all
    Why would it means sense?

Wright is bad at his job. Not making sense comes with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're probably going to trade Lonnie tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if his camp asked for a trade to a team that will utilize him better and this dumbass FO will accommodate because they now have Bryn ing Forbes back. I hate PATFO so much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumping Samanic or Lonnie is a big danger.

Lonnie won't play with Forbes on the roster.

Samanic won't play with Young and McDermott and Keldon on the roster

And if anyone thinks it doesn't make sense to give up on young promising players ... Allow me to introduce you to the front office
    This is 100% more likely than any BS trade that would require some type of creativity from Brian.

Lonnie would have had a feature role this season and actually have a chance to put up 15-20ppg with Derozan gone so of course Brian will be looking to trade him for some 2nd rounder.

Samanic had a nice stretch where he showed vast improvements on defense last season before the old man benched him. I'm sure they'll give up on him early too because he's not a culture guy, this FO so much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST meltdown is officially in full effect

No Limit For Life NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t shoot the 3, made for the NBA of decades ago. We had that guy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've heard, since Young and Aminu were just acquired, the Spurs can not trade them in a "package deal" They would have to wait 60 days. However, one of them can be traded immediately in a "1 for 1 " trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've heard, since Young and Aminu were just acquired, the Spurs can not trade them in a "package deal" They would have to wait 60 days. However, one of them can be traded immediately in a "1 for 1 " trade.
    they could make it a 3-team-deal though. Deal is not officially done yet

Thread Information