Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Where there's smoke...

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Where there's smoke...
    i highly doubt this means dinwiddie is going to the lakers

EDIT: i didnt see the previous tweet about trying to create a way for hield to the lakers

yeah if they get hield too then its just over lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible pick up tbh. Other than Rondo, Westbrook has the most inflated bloatware stats in the last 10 years...empty numbers. Sure, he can hand out assists, but how is this going to mesh with Lebron's game?

3pt shooting percentage of a paltry 25%. a total fg % of 43.7% from the floor last year, and that was with Beal getting double teamed...that number is unlikely to increase, and more likely to decrease. His stellar shooting of 65.9% from the line certainly doesn't do much to salvage his ability to get there.

His numbers have been dropping consistently over the last few years. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how hard Westbrook plays, but going to the Lakers is just a bad match, especially for the price, and before I hear the usual Lebron will elevate his numbers argument, be sure to explain how.

Lebron kicks to Westbrook for 3...umm...no.

Westbrook kicks the ball out to Lebron...that isn't Lebron's game.

Lebron and Davis are strong rebounders, which cancel out one of Westbrooks biggest strengths. That leaves the Westbrooks assists, which takes the ball out of Lebron's hands. Ask the GM's across the league and they would like that idea.

Can Westbrook get some numbers without Lebron on the floor, like his usual rebounds, sure, but where do the rebounds lead to if Lebron or Davis are not on the court? In fairness, Westbrook and Davis can be special when paired up, but Davis is injury prone and you can't count on him being on the floor.

Lastly, the mileage on Westbrook is getting high, his body is more likely to break down due to his very high past usage and the aggressive nature of the way he plays the game. Westbrook will be 33 in November, but he has at least an extra 2 years on his body. A 6'3" guard that can't shoot the 3 to on a team that ranked 12th in 3pt shooting last season is only going to bring that percentage down.

The age of the team just went up. In a year that saw myriad injuries, to get older doesn't make sense.

Now to the price of getting Westbrook:

Losing Pope's 41% 3pt shooting
    Kuzma shot only shot 33.8 from 3, but I would take that over Westbrooks 25%. *BTW, Kuzama will become a much better player once away from Lebron*
    Harrell's 61% shooting from the floor cleaning up other's misses, and matching up with small ball teams.

Now some of these losses could be covered with new signings, but with little money left, that gets much tougher to accomplish.

Acquiring Westbrook just makes no sense. I compare it to when Houston signed CP3. Bump this next year if I am wrong and I will come to the table to eat my helping of crow, but I will most likely be bumping it when it turns out that I was right.
    I think I pretty much nailed this back in August.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another penetrating player not named Bron
    Will team with AD while Bron rests
    Will post small guards up
    Will rebound and ignite the break
    Can facilitate when Bron sits
    Bron plays more off ball and on the block
    Russ allows Bron to rest more

As a 3rd option too? I'll take it.

Now we just need shooters. More to follow farmers.
    How's your Farmers Almanac looking?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How's your Farmers Almanac looking?
    You really are a troll

I didn't think he'd be THIS bad

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

damn son

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Show him a picture of that white married couple shackled hands and feet because their white son shot up the school.

He'll be happier than a pig in .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Was last night or will tonight be the last Westbrick game in a Laker uni?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    damn son

Send him to San Antonio next please

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Send him to San Antonio next please
    LOL no Juancho, you're stuck with his $44 million contract this year and $47 million next unless he retires or takes a helicopter flight on a foggy day.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL no Juancho, you're stuck with his $44 million contract this year and $47 million next unless he retires or takes a helicopter flight on a foggy day.

Dust off John Wall and make the trade. He CAN'T be any worst than Westbrick.

AD isn't an Alpha as we saw last night. The best chance the Lakers have at doing anything is now before Bron goes full TOSB mode.

Gonna be some really dark days for the Lakers when he retire - just like when Dr. Buss broke up Shaq and Kobe.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Gonna be some really dark days for the Lakers when he retire - just like when Dr. Buss broke up Shaq and Kobe.
    oh yeah, real dark days when they still retained a top 10 all time player in his prime, and were back in the finals in 3 seasons. so dark.

lakerfans barely know what "dark days" in the nba are. you got a small taste when they thought dlo, bi and julius were the answer, only to be bailed out by lebron. you guys need to enjoy what you have. within 3-5 years something else will happen to bail them out once again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    oh yeah, real dark days when they still retained a top 10 all time player in his prime, and were back in the finals in 3 seasons. so dark.

lakerfans barely know what "dark days" in the nba are. you got a small taste when they thought dlo, bi and julius were the answer, only to be bailed out by lebron. you guys need to enjoy what you have. within 3-5 years something else will happen to bail them out once again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...or, gets involved with white woman from town and somebody sales your .

tee, hee.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Dust off John Wall and make the trade. He CAN'T be any worst than Westbrick.

AD isn't an Alpha as we saw last night. The best chance the Lakers have at doing anything is now before Bron goes full TOSB mode.

Even the 18th are "dark days."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

literally everyone that wasnt a Lakers fan knew this was going to end badly and Westbrook did not fit at all with the Lakers. wtf were the Lakers FO/LeBron thinking? If they had Demar instead...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeGM
    from wanting Westbrook to wanting to trade him
    sells out any teammates who are liabilities
    but Bron is such a good teammate

And I’m not even trying to defend Westbrook but was Lebron that stupid to not understand who he was asking for

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

laker fan dark days came during kobe's last contract tbh

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ 😂😂

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I pretty much nailed this back in August.
    I nailed this when Westbrook was playing for the Thunder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    laker fan dark days came during kobe's last contract tbh
    But there's always sunshine after the fog clears.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was last night or will tonight be the last Westbrick game in a Laker uni?
    keep dreaming

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Thread Information