Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So Qanon is more staunchly against vax than blacks are. Got it.

But both are spreading covid all over the place. Do unvaccinated minorities who are not as staunchly against the vax have a lower viral load? Can the good doctor please chime in here with a peer reviewed study?

Mind you, "disproportionately" is doing a lot of work in that chart. 18% of vax-hesitant people are black, against 13.4% of the population. So +34% more likely to be hesitant vs. other races.

22% are Hispanic, against a 16.7% population. +32%

Meanwhile, 58% of Republican identifiers are completely anti-vax. Not vax-hesitant, they're "definitely not" getting the vaccine. According to Gallup, 24% of the country identifies as Republican. 58/24 is +142%.

So it's pretty pathetic to try to deflect a conversation about partisan at udes toward the vaccines into one about race.

But that's what complicit cowards do. (Here's where Darrin laughs at the numbers while making no attempt to dispute them.)

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think these people understand covid risk vs vaccine risk.
    I don't think they care

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to hear from people who are on the fence about getting one of the vaccines, or who have decided against it. What are your reasons?

I'm a pediatric physician in Texas who has gotten the vaccine myself. I've seen the terrible toll of the virus firsthand and I'm watching this resurgence with tremendous frustration, because now it's affecting our kids at a higher rate. I want to better understand these decisions that people are making and hopefully open a dialogue.
    Damn, Bexar County back up to 20% positivity rate and no one seems to give a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were fine until some UTSA student returned from Delhi.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back to the mask in more places.
    WE just have to make sure to spend less time in crowded places indoors. I have some younger friends that are not vaccinated. Not driving them anywhere in my car. We do to a party outside separately. Its time to start thinking about exposure time and risky areas again. Im not going to get in these situations with this variant that appears to produce so many more viral particles. Thats what WE do. I got too much on the line. Watch my Dad closely. My grandad does not give a so... stay away from him, my dad will do the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably some from Florida too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is a good point. I lose count of all the mother ers I've seen admitted to the hospital week after week to detox from alcohol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and then he had a 3 way 5 times a day !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably some from Florida too
    It is the stupid foreigners fault!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard also that it does stuff to your dna
    So that is messed up if true
    That is why pregnant woman are not suppose to get it.
    Heard if you want kids do not get it also
    Even if there is a one in one trillion of a trillionth chance that the vaccine would alter your dna ducks, you would benefit from getting vaccinated as there is absolutely no possibility that your ed up dna gets altered for the worse.

In fact, your iq may go up from your current 50 to all the way up to 51.

Give it a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard also that it does stuff to your dna
    So that is messed up if true
    That is why pregnant woman are not suppose to get it.
    Heard if you want kids do not get it also

You heard wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden told me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was referring to NYC and mainly the 18-44 age group of blacks. I'm sure they are all far right Republicans

In all seriousness, there is a distrust in minority communities as well as the Qanon crazies. Fauci and Trump are equally responsible for said distrust, imo.
    There you go again with the false equivalence. First off, the level of distrust isn't the same, and the distrust stems from different reasons. Second off, to put equal blame on Fauci and Trump is just ridiculous...I honestly can't even fathom how you got there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But both are spreading covid all over the place. Do unvaccinated minorities who are not as staunchly against the vax have a lower viral load? Can the good doctor please chime in here with a peer reviewed study?
    They're both part of the problem. I understand and empathize with the fear more than the bulletproof at ude/conspiracy theory nonsense though.

Fear and hesitancy can be helped and talked through, the other stuff...not so much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There you go again with the false equivalence. First off, the level of distrust isn't the same, and the distrust stems from different reasons. Second off, to put equal blame on Fauci and Trump is just ridiculous...I honestly can't even fathom how you got there
    (R)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah there is a load of virus circulating out there. Wife has had more patients get covid in the past two weeks than at anytime during the pandemic. All but one fully vaccinated so just cold/flu like symptoms. Sent a couple of them to get Regeneron infusion just to be safe since they had autoimmune disorders. The lone unvaccinated one currently hospitalized.

Hopefully she has already brought me home a covid booster and I didn't even know it. I did feel crappy for a couple days but there was african dust and that always s with me.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

They weren't asked if they identify as Qanon, are you illiterate? They identify as Republicans. Every time I bring that up, you change the subject to race.

Of course they aren't less susceptible to the virus on an individual basis. Neither are hardcore Democrats who refuse the vaccine. We're talking about numbers, though. There are more unvaccinated Republicans, and far more who outright refuse to take the vaccine, then there are unvaccinated blacks. Say it, you complicit coward.
    Last edited by Adam Lambert; 08-06-2021 at 08:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirks_Finale doesn't respond to call backs, he's more of a hit and run guy -- dishonest and a coward, like you say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol ducks thinks the vaccines mutates you.
    I'm hoping it will give me superpowers tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirks_Finale doesn't respond to call backs, he's more of a hit and run guy -- dishonest and a coward, like you say.
    he hears a talking point from the radio or something, regurgitates it, and thats it. he doesnt know how to respond to pushback on the spot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it does. super resistance to covid-45

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if there is a one in one trillion of a trillionth chance that the vaccine would alter your dna ducks, you would benefit from getting vaccinated as there is absolutely no possibility that your ed up dna gets altered for the worse.

In fact, your iq may go up from your current 50 to all the way up to 51.

Give it a chance.

Poor ducks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The superpower of being guaranteed not to die from a disease.

So yeah, there is that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The magic (R).

Put on some (R) colored-glasses and a conman real-estate developer becomes equal in authority to an epidemiologist with 40 years in experience.

Side-effects of glasses:
    Reduction in IQ by 40 points when it comes to anything having to do with the election.

Thread Information