Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    Huge free event on eTV July 19th.

"Update: Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer is reporting that UFC President Dana White has announced the main events for the show will feature Anderson Silva vs. James Irvin at light heavyweight and a lightweight bout between Hermes Franca and Frankie Edgar."

To f-ck Affliction

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ah you beat me by 2 minutes. This is crazy.

This will be good, a nice FU to the Donald by UFC.

by the way I hope this is true too

Undefeated middleweight champion Anderson Silva, who was originally speculated to highlight UFC 88 in Atlanta on September 6, will headline the July event. However, White said "Spider" could more than likely appear on both cards.

Post Count
    Jake O'Brien vs. Cain Velasquez scheduled for July 19 UFC card

Post Count
    Dammit Evan would you stop beating me to the news!

Post Count
    Dammit Evan would you stop beating me to the news!
    lol

I love my Spurs Talk MMA brothers, and sister too much. I post new stuff here first most of the time.

"Brandon Vera (Pictures) has also agreed to make a move in the opposite direction -- he'll face former International Fight League rep Reese Andy"

So Vera drops to LHW.

Post Count
    Ok Evan you can have that one...I got in the shower and when I came out you had it. I didnt see this one coming. I think I saw Reese fight Jamal Paterson or Peterson or something like that in Pride and he won. Other than that I dont know too much about him.

Post Count
    Ok Evan you can have that one...I got in the shower and when I came out you had it. I didnt see this one coming. I think I saw Reese fight Jamal Paterson or Peterson or something like that in Pride and he won. Other than that I dont know too much about him.
    Lets just see how this shapes up before we believe anything. They still have another 6 fighters to fill at least so I suspect this card will change a lot over the next 2 weeks.

UPDATE

* Anderson Silva vs. James Irvin
    * Hermes Franca vs. Frankie Edgar
    * Jake O’Brien vs. Cain Velasquez
    * Anthony Johnson vs. Kevin Burns

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    Always fun to watch Frankie Edgar fight. That's a nice looking card for a free broadcast. Damn!

Post Count
    Anthony "I aint nobodys " Johnson or Anthony "Rumble" Johnson? Oh I forgot its the same person. I love Anthony, I love Cain, I love Hermes, and I love Anderson...I love it so far.

***edit***

I do like Frankie Edgar though...also Evan where did you find out about Anthony Johnson?..and this is that big announcement isnt it?

Post Count
    Anthony Johnson from 5ozofpain.

And the big announcement is a mixture of things I think. Marketing deals, sanction of MMA in NY, this fight, and possible sale of a portion of the company. Thats pretty f-cking big.

This fight kills affliction.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    Who is on the affliction card?

Post Count
    Fedor Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia

Josh Barnett vs. Pedro Rizzo

Andrei Arlovski vs. Ben Rothwell

Matt Lindland vs. Fábio Negão

Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Paul Buentello

Renato Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead

Mark Hominick vs. Savant Young

Mike Pyle vs. Brett Cooper

Justin Levens vs. Ray Lazama

J.J. Ambrose vs. Patrick Speight

I dont know how updated it is, but the big fights are in stone.

Post Count
    It’s a good card but they likely won't be in business after that.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    What made you think like this?

Vera dropping hmm - I think LHW suits him more, but LHW is loaded as .

Yeah why won't they?

Post Count
    Because Affliction is trying to take a massive shortcut into the MMA business…their signing every big name free agent out there to massive contracts, nobody but die hard fans have even heard of affliction and their PPV numbers will be awful especially since the UFC is showing this massive card for free at the same time.

Plus I hear their ticket sales are extremely slow.

Aside from the UFC, Strikeforce has the best business model and when its all said and done will end up being the true number 2 MMA organization I think. Assuming EliteXC keeps pushing Kimbo instead of building the rest of their roster.

Post Count
    Here is what happened with the UFC and Affliction.

Out of nowhere Affliction becomes the biggest sponsor of the UFC once Xyience failed. They pushed their brand big time and the Affliction logo was everywhere…fighters…cage surface…corners…website…everywhere.

(Randy decides to not honor his contract)

Instead of re-doing their hideous clothing line of flaming skulls and Halloween shirts
    Instead of expanding their line to include gloves, board shorts etc…

They decide to have a photo shoot with Randy and Fedor without any Affliction clothes on signaling their intent to become an MMA org. Infuriating the UFC and within a few days they were banned from the UFC and then later EliteXC.

As an org they aren't building anything…their doing nothing but signing huge contracts and they expect to sell something like 300,000 PPV's which is insane.

They had the UFC and every other MMA organization as client then made everyone mad, screwed up and let TapOut take over.

I'm probably missing something somewhere but that’s the basics.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    One of the rare few, I guess - I'd still rather pay to see Fedor/Tim/Alex/Lindland/Andre/Babalu than watch the free UFC card. Going to be out of town and miss both, but I'll say that out loud anyway, 'cause it's the principal of the thing

Post Count
    I'll be watching both

The only thing that sucks about the free card is that e isnt on HD . Evan will you post match results for the Affliction card as they are happening?

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    Definitely order the PPV and recording UFN 14 on the other tuner. Will probably bounce back and forth to avoid commercials and downtime...

Post Count
    UFC all the way. There is no way Im going to pay for a risky card when I can watch UFC for free. My brother has a kid on the way so I need to save my money anyway to help if I can. I want to see Anderson Silva anyway so Im happy. I want to see Anthony Johnson, I want to see Hermes Franca, I want to see Cain Velasquez. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE TIM SYLVIA EVER AGAIN!

Post Count
    The only thing that sucks about the free card is that e isnt on HD . Evan will you post match results for the Affliction card as they are happening?
    It will be HD I think…and Sherdog or MMAweekly can do far better play by play than I can.

Post Count
    Definitely order the PPV and recording UFN 14 on the other tuner. Will probably bounce back and forth to avoid commercials and downtime...
    BS...you're not streaming?

Thread Information