Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors, despite being the No. 6 seed, are simply the better team by a significant margin. The Spurs, despite being the No. 2 seed, are the ones who have to try to "steal" a win and hope for luck.

Without that highly improbable comeback in Game 1, do you realize that the Spurs would be 0-2 right now in this series as it headed over to Golden State? We'd then be looking at a real possibility of getting swept in that situation.

I now think the Spurs will be lucky to win this series in 7 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. More like vs 07 Nuggets or 05 Sonics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no stop z-bo
    no stop curry

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just doesnt feel like the Spurs have played with anything approaching a genuine sense of urgency in this series.

Add to that the fact that they are missing easy layups, all of their 3 point shots, and free throws. One component all of those championship teams had was the ability to wratchet up the intensity level when they needed to in order to play superior defense and control the game when it counted. I just havent seen that from these Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it's very different. I felt like we had no hope at all against the Grizz... agree about 2005 Sonics. Feels about like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. More like vs 07 Nuggets or 05 Sonics.

I'm not sure how the 2005 Sonics-Spurs series compares? The Spurs took an early 2-0 lead in that series by winning the first two games by 22 and 17 points respectively.

Marcus Eliot Williams Austin_Toros's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren't some Spurs hobbling during the 2011 Grizzlies series, if my memory serves me right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how the 2005 Sonics-Spurs series compares? The Spurs took an early 2-0 lead in that series by winning the first two games by 22 and 17 points respectively.
    -Spurs needed SuperManu in the first 2 games of that series. Though not exactly the same now, the Spurs needed a miracle comeback on game 1 to assure the tie.

-Sonics a young team back then with shooters and some scrubs going off on us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels more like he Suns Series of '10, playing against a team we've historically owned and felt going into the series, a team we should beat with ease. Atleast we've managed to steal a game, they're gonna have to have a game where they can't hit anything, hopefully that happens in game 3 or 4

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are the warriors being referred to as "the better team" /sentence. They're not actually the better team, you're completely downgrading San Antonio. The warriors are playing better than the spurs right now but talent wise and at their true level, the spurs are still the better team. The correct phrasing should be that GS is outplaying san antonio or is playing like the better team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are the warriors being referred to as "the better team" /sentence. They're not actually the better team, you're completely downgrading San Antonio. The warriors are playing better than the spurs right now but talent wise and at their true level, the spurs are still the better team. The correct phrasing should be that GS is outplaying san antonio or is playing like the better team

I understand your point, but if the Spurs are defeated in this playoff series by the Warriors, then there would hardly be any consolation in saying "The Spurs were the better team."

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand your point, but if the Spurs are defeated in this playoff series by the Warriors, then there would hardly be any consolation in saying "The Spurs were the better team."
    Sure I mean it doesnt help to say that and I believe the spurs can completely be the better team and lose the series. To elaborate my opinion on it, I justify that by saying that regardless of the outcome of the series, San Antonio would be a tougher matchup for any playoff team moving forward. But I see what you're saying, my opinion is off of a hypothetical situation. But for the record, San Antonio is the stronger team

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure I mean it doesnt help to say that and I believe the spurs can completely be the better team and lose the series. To elaborate my opinion on it, I justify that by saying that regardless of the outcome of the series, San Antonio would be a tougher matchup for any playoff team moving forward. But I see what you're saying, my opinion is off of a hypothetical situation. But for the record, San Antonio is the stronger team
    This current Spurs roster has not proven to be a tough playoff team. They are a tough regular season team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, because the Grizzlies were a beatable team. They also won through energy and supreme confidence, similar to the Warriors. Even though these teams played different styles, they're teams that are out hustling the Spurs. The Spurs in 2011 just laid on their backs and took it with barely a whimper. This team is reverting to its soft days of 2011. They think they can cruise through this series and don't recognize the danger.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "They think they can cruise through this series"

bull . the Spur don't think that. They KNOW they've been playing like on both ends against a team with hustle and execution on both ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were up 2-0 on OKC last year with game 2 being a pounding and the thunder came back and won 4. You guys are expecting us to sweep through the first 2 rounds like butter just because it happened last year. Last season the heat were losing 2-1 to Indiana, 3-2 to Boston, fell behind 1-0 to Chicago this year. happens in the playoffs. That's why it's a 7 game series and not a 1 or 3 game series. Chill
    Last edited by spurraider21; 05-09-2013 at 11:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, because the Grizzlies were a beatable team. They also won through energy and supreme confidence, similar to the Warriors. Even though these teams played different styles, they're teams that are out hustling the Spurs. The Spurs in 2011 just laid on their backs and took it with barely a whimper. This team is reverting to its soft days of 2011. They think they can cruise through this series and don't recognize the danger.
    Exactly!

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were up 2-0 on OKC last year with game 2 being a pounding and the thunder came back and won 4. You guys are expecting us to sweep through the first 2 rounds like butter just because it happened last year. Last season the heat were losing 2-1 to Indiana, 3-2 to Boston, fell behind 1-0 to Chicago this year. happens in the playoffs. That's why it's a 7 game series and not a 1 or 3 game series. Chill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, because the teams are completely different. The Grizzlies were a rugged defensive team that pounded the ball inside. The Warriors are a jump shooting team with average defense. If anything, this series reminds me of the 2010 Suns series where they seemed to hit every open three they got, or the 2012 Thunder series where they just hit every shot period. That being said, I like our chances better against this team than any of those previous teams. Despite a historic shooting night from Klay Thompson, the Spurs still could have won the game if they hit some of their open 3's or layups. The Warriors are able to build up big leads in the middle of the game thanks to hot streaks on 3's, but they have yet to hold a double digit lead. That is a big problem that most are ignoring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs looked tired from Game 1. Basically, GS recovered quicker. That said, the Spurs have started two games out with less than stellar offense and defense. They will have to take it up several levels on both to pull out this series.

BTW, the Grizzlies were a great team that year. GS was definitely an underacheiver, but with Bogut and a cadre of lottery picks that are blooming into legit players, they have plenty of weapons to beat anybody other than a focused Miami Heat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if spurs don't win game 3 or 4 this series is over. im so tired of having great regular seasons and failing in the postseason, if this team cant win a le, its time to break it up, we keep setting ourselves up for failure each year with great regular seasons thinking this could be the year and all for not. we are cursed since 07 and have had bad luck with injuries and bad matchups and now with teams getting hot and just cant miss. im just tired of it all, the spurs are in no mans land, meaning we are a team that isn't good enough to win it all, but we aren't bad enough to miss the playoffs and get lottery pick(s) for a chance at the #1 overall pick. u need to be competing for ping pong balls are competing for les, spurs are doing neither, that's not good.
    We can and will win a game in Oakland. If you can't win on the road against a decent team you simply don't have what it takes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with this...the '10 Suns team seemed to never miss from three and our shooters were up and down the whole series. I guess this year's Spurs thought they could turn it on when they needed, but it seems they are sleepwalking through three quartersand then waking up to make a final push. Too dangerous against a more athletic, better shooting bunch of youngsters. Bruce Bowen said it correctly on Mike&Mike this morning - the Spurs have to come out of opening tip with the focus and physicality to not let the Warriors run off and hide. They need to get pissed off every time they see Steph and Klay with that little smirk after hitting an impossible three.
    Feels more like he Suns Series of '10, playing against a team we've historically owned and felt going into the series, a team we should beat with ease. Atleast we've managed to steal a game, they're gonna have to have a game where they can't hit anything, hopefully that happens in game 3 or 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if spurs don't win game 3 or 4 this series is over. im so tired of having great regular seasons and failing in the postseason, if this team cant win a le, its time to break it up, we keep setting ourselves up for failure each year with great regular seasons thinking this could be the year and all for not. we are cursed since 07 and have had bad luck with injuries and bad matchups and now with teams getting hot and just cant miss. im just tired of it all, the spurs are in no mans land, meaning we are a team that isn't good enough to win it all, but we aren't bad enough to miss the playoffs and get lottery pick(s) for a chance at the #1 overall pick. u need to be competing for ping pong balls are competing for les, spurs are doing neither, that's not good.
    a Tim Duncan nearing retirement doesn't deserve to sit through a rebuilding process, and he surely deserves to ride his career out as a San Antonio Spur. How about you respect the greatness you are watching, as the Spurs will dive into the mediocrity you are talking about once he hangs 'em up. This isn't a scrub team you are watching. This is a team who's core is getting up there in age, but they are infusing it with some young talent, and still have room for improvement. If you think the Spurs you have watched the past 2 games is the best they can play, you've lost your damn mind. For about 80% of this season they were playing at a much, much higher level than we are seeing now. It's not that this team ISN'T good enough, its just that they haven't playing at that peak level so far this series. We were missing shots at the rim. Tony, Manu blew a number of shots within 5 feet they typically make, Tiago missed a freakin dunk. Guys were bricking wide open shots. You aren't watching an inferior team, you are watching a team that isn't playing up to its potential. Fortunately for cliff jumpers like yourself, this is a 7 game series and not a 2 or 3 game series, so just stick around, you might be pleased with the outcome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Series is over folks. Are the Spurs really the better team? Is our pf better? Yes. Our pg? No. Our sg? No. Our small foward? Maybe in the future but not now. And our center is a pussy who cant score on guys he has 4-5 inches on.

Thread Information