Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then we get left with nothing in the end...? Umm no thanks. Gotta get something in return. Nobody is gonna want to come here otherwise.
    What do you think you are getting? A late 2nd round pick? Any GM that is stupid enough to give the Spurs even a 1st rounder for him would get fired, as soon as he is refusing to play again. Or as soon as he takes some perceived slight so serious he up and quits on the team. These are the perception of him right now. Unless he changes it next year with the Spurs..

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dabom putting is ST Head for Kawhi, so romantic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think you are getting? A late 2nd round pick? Any GM that is stupid enough to give the Spurs even a 1st rounder for him would get fired, as soon as he is refusing to play again. Or as soon as he takes some perceived slight so serious he up and quits on the team. These are the perception of him right now. Unless he changes it next year with the Spurs..
    Top 3-5 players don't come on the market that often. There will be multiple teams interested. I think that the LEAST they score is Jaylen Brown + filler and the Sacto pick from Boston. If there are 3-4 teams interested, they may get Tatum, too. Boston's Memphis pick could be in play with that many teams bidding. I think everyone understands that he's not hurt, but the whole 'diminished value' goes out the door with multiple teams interested. His chances of bolting a playoff team are slim. He loses the SuperMax at the time of the trade, and must re-earn it (DPOY, MVP, All NBA), and can only sign it if he does, and with THAT team. If we trade him to Boston, he isn't signing with the Lakers and losing that extra money.

You cannot start camp with Kawhi still in the fold. The drama needs to be left in the rear view mirror, and the team needs fresh air.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 3-5 players don't come on the market that often. There will be multiple teams interested. I think that the LEAST they score is Jaylen Brown + filler and the Sacto pick from Boston. If there are 3-4 teams interested, they may get Tatum, too. Boston's Memphis pick could be in play with that many teams bidding. I think everyone understands that he's not hurt, but the whole 'diminished value' goes out the door with multiple teams interested. His chances of bolting a playoff team are slim. He loses the SuperMax at the time of the trade, and must re-earn it (DPOY, MVP, All NBA), and can only sign it if he does, and with THAT team. If we trade him to Boston, he isn't signing with the Lakers and losing that extra money.

You cannot start camp with Kawhi still in the fold. The drama needs to be left in the rear view mirror, and the team needs fresh air.
    The narrative that is very strong is that Leonard is a quitter. We have been given no explanation why he is not playing? He has not told anyone why he is not playing that has leaked out. The Spurs seem baffled. So on paper, he would fetch quite an offer, based on last year and what not. However in the real world I can't see many GM's risking much of anything for him. Reports of teams interested are just rumors, they are going to want to know WTF is wrong with him?? At some point the Spurs being the class organization they are, and Pop being one of the best coaches of all time, is going to carry some serious weight in this situation. "Wait a minute, you can't play for the Spurs and for Pop, well then you probably can't play for anyone" KL has shown to be a total head case. When team doctors are clearing you and you won't play there is no trust. What team would trust that he would NOT pull that same with them? He can't be trusted. There are consequences for blowing off a whole season for no good reason. Spurs need to hang onto him and make him play next year. With FA coming he will have no choice..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs aren't going to rule him out because they medically cleared him to play. They want to show the fans and media that it's him that refuses to comeback.
    We may be past the PR phase.

It may be that lawyers on both sides are dictating what is said and done now -- from here on out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay > kl
    Settled

Thread Information