Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a sh!t thread. You shouldn’t be allowed to start a thread when you only have 13 posts.

That being said. This is just another emo Spurs fan rant, and you knew that when you put your disclaimer at the bottom of your post. You could have stuck this to any of the other threads containing an almost exact statement, but you chose to make a brand new one to say absolutely nothing informative or worthwhile or new....just cry like all the other emo fans in here. Welcome!! Nice job!

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Big markets are hurting compe ive basketball even more so than ever before. Unfortunately small markets, in the long run, wont stand a chance unless something changes.
    the thing that will save the spurs & needs to change is a move to austin........its a quick & easy fix...........every free agent would line up to play for austin........the g league team should move to san antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, it has been brutal only because our expectations are to contend EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Only the Patriots can say they have done better than the Spurs. We never missed the playoffs and have a young core that is beginning to blossom. Spurs are still the model franchise, period.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a stupid thread from a spoiled fan. Other teams have been in way worse situations for even longer. This is nothing. We were not supposed to be good for this long. This isn’t normal. Even big market/legendary teams like the Lakers and Celtics have had ty seasons. I’m really grateful we at least continue to be compe ive. People like you are going to switch teams if we ever reach lottery team status. Pitiful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are consistently playoff bound and have 3 outstanding young guards that can make the leap plus two or three incoming rookies who each look promising. That the F.O. has maintained a good basis while weathering one of the biggest jerk-job backstabs in sports history (nephew was MADE by the Spurs), while generating potential stars -- it's remarkable. I wish they were doing better, sure, but it's still looking good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the thing that will save the spurs & needs to change is a move to austin........its a quick & easy fix...........every free agent would line up to play for austin........the g league team should move to san antonio
    terrible idea. UT teams are the only teams that get fan support in Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is the most emo beta post I've ever seen on this board, jesus. Get a spine

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    terrible idea. UT teams are the only teams that get fan support in Austin.
    thats the old mentality........austin mls pro soccer has major fan support

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a bright future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are still “the good old days.” Come 2030 or so, we’ll look fondly on these shoulder years, the last few before Pop retired, before the team became a rudderless, lottery-bound mess under the feckless leadership of Peter Holt’s unqualified millennial kids, who would rather be running art galleries or playing Xbox with kids or whatever than running a business empire.
    Spurs have only missed the playoffs 4 times since they've been in SA. That's 4 out of 46 seasons. And Spurs fan wants a pity party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy commanded a whole different plane of respect. Morris would slap Rich Paul before he did that to a team Tim Duncan was on.
    Last edited by TimmyBuckets; 07-12-2019 at 01:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that I think about it, DeRozan is the perfect Spur for Spurs fans. Making close to $30 mil a season and emo as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are fans of other franchises that would be very happy with 2 consecutive playoff years, let alone 22.
    And 42 out of 46 effing years since 1973.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh no, brutal was after Ice left.
    If there was a "brutal" time in Spurs history it was the late 80s when they missed the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons and the potential of relocation, not to mention whether or not DRob would actually be a Spur.

But otherwise, Spurs fans are some spoiled MFers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats the old mentality........austin mls pro soccer has major fan support
    that trendy Austin mentality. They will support it the first year when it’s new there and then move on to something else.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Brutal? You call this brutal?

Brutal is when Starbucks has a new barrista, and he doesn't re-order the soy milk.
    Brutal is when you're in a non-4G town for, like, hours.
    Brutal is when you come up with a really cool Challenge on YouTube, and it doesn't go viral.
    Brutal is when they won't let you put Alize on the EBT.

Not winning a Championship in any of the last 5 consecutive playoff runs is not brutal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    things have really been brutal in ST since then as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    things have really been brutal in ST since then as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing that has been brutal since the big 3 retired is all the drama and injuries the Spurs have had to endure the last few years. The drama with the #2 saga the last 2 years was tiring along with bs drama with Klutch/Morris. That's the thing that irritates me the most is how the Spurs have had to suffer reality TV bull the last few years.

Robble robble your title? TheSpurglar's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had to expect some lean years once Duncan, Manu and Tony retired. And even still, up until Leonard decided to leave the team had a fairly bright outlook for contention. It's pretty obvious that San Antonio isn't a huge draw when it comes to free agency, for various reasons. The Spurs brass rightly recognize that and focus on scouting, the draft and player development. Unfortunately, unless you're picking in the lottery every year, which to their credit they aren't, it can take some time for those seeds to bear fruit. And if you lose a player like that it can really set you back because of the time it takes to develop them.

No, Aldridge and DeRozan aren't elite, but they're good enough to keep the Spurs winning more than losing. Murray, White and Walker all appear to be solid players with potential to be more. How much more? Unfortunately it'll take some time to figure out. And then somehow Samanic, Keldon and Spoon all look like potential impact players as well, and two of them are still in their teens.

Actually feel pretty cautiously optimistic overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, having three potential young guard stars really sucks.
    The horror, the horror...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just came out of a dynasty. You can’t expect an immediate return to another, especially given what happened with Kawhi. It just takes time. I still believe we have the best front office in the game. And if we get back to the promise land solely through the draft and development, it will make it all the more sweeter. Other teams can seemingly only compete through snagging up free agents. I like our program much better for doing it the right way. Patience. All it takes is a couple of our young guys to blossom and we are there. It’s still fun to watch tbh. The big market teams are a dumpster fire, and they will crumble. A star can only prop them up for so long until their shaky organizational foundation fails them.
    This. The Spurs, at least, recognize what they are and focus on what they do well. The majority of NBA franchises(large market or not) shoot for the moon, miss terribly, and then don't have any other plan in place and are forced to scramble. Even the ones that do hit the target tend to rest on their laurels more often than not, content that merely landing the star is enough. You could argue even the Spurs weren't immune to this during some of the Duncan years, but that they realized it, adjusted, and contended late in his career is pretty impressive in and of itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a sh!t thread. You shouldn’t be allowed to start a thread when you only have 13 posts.

That being said. This is just another emo Spurs fan rant, and you knew that when you put your disclaimer at the bottom of your post. You could have stuck this to any of the other threads containing an almost exact statement, but you chose to make a brand new one to say absolutely nothing informative or worthwhile or new....just cry like all the other emo fans in here. Welcome!! Nice job!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    having those 3 has nothing to do with the moves in the offseason. I don't factor in the draft and Murray was on the team before that
    Kind of a weird caveat. If you don't factor in the draft, how many offseasons for the Spurs could you even consider all that great?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since large market teams and small market teams are theoretically equal in the NBA pay scale due to the salary cap, the only monetary advantage the players in large markets have is the additional revenue individual players can earn off marketing themselves in the larger market. The NBA could help equalize this difference by imposing a “hard” salary cap on the large market teams, and allow small market teams a significantly higher salary cap to help make up for the marketing opportunity differences. Of course, you’ll never be able to equalize all the other differences, but giving more salary flexibility to small market teams might help.

Thread Information