Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, his off/on numbers are staggering for the last 5 years...

He's such a negative losing player, even when he puts up crazy efficient stats. It's honestly hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t wait for the extension and the team’s further decent to mediocrity and the DeRozan Purgatory Zone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said this team can find some chemistry and rhythm with Aldridge and the young’s guys, IF you get Derozen outta here. He stunts everything.

Addition by subtraction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me is was fun again watching the Spurs the last two nights.
    Common denominator was?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said this team can find some chemistry and rhythm with Aldridge and the young’s guys, IF you get Derozen outta here. He stunts everything.

Addition by subtraction.
    LMA would love it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone really belive he has back spasms?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan has been benched in playoffs games when coaches realized it would improve the teams chances of winning a game.

I understand the Spurs making the trade for him out of desperation after the Kawhi debacle, but he should’ve been traded this year. He’s is nothing but a more athletic version of Carmelo Anthony.

This team would be a lot better without him. And I don’t love Aldridge, but his game is better suited to play along the young guys. It gives them room to operate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After two games its obvious the ball moves better without him on the floor, more players are involved and he has very little impact on winning. As I've said before, this dude plays hard for HIM. He's all about him and his stats & getting out of San Antonio. This dude is gone & is using this season as a way to drive up his value to other teams. He has no future in San Antonio and is a detriment to this team moving forward. Toronto saw it too. Benched him and his selfish, under-performing self in the playoffs. They then let him go for a 1 year rental of damaged goods. We all know how that turned out for Toronto.

Toronto WITHOUT Kawhi Leonard & Danny Green are in the midst of a 15 game winning streak and making a strong push toward the second half of the season. DeRozan needs to go elsewhere. Aldridge can be useful despite his painful limitations and inconsistencies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... As I've said before, this dude plays hard for HIM. He's all about him and his stats & getting out of San Antonio. This dude is gone & is using this season as a way to drive up his value to other teams. ...

Not that I disagree, but I had to comment, DDR is being stupid about his value when he doesn't even try to shoot 3s. He's good enough, that with serious practice and effort, he could probably shoot in the upper 30% range, 37 or 38% maybe, possibly even 40%, on a volume of at least half a dozen shots a game. All the teams are constantly looking for 3pt shooting. And he won't even try. It's costing him millions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After two games its obvious the ball moves better without him on the floor
    White several times kept the ball way too much on several possessions. really wants to be a shoot-first guard rather pass-first playmaker.

He may be conditioned, once he had the ball, by NOT getting the ball for ball hog Derozan, so he keeps it.

I'd rather see "4 passes before any shot", as Coach Norman Dale says.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-12-2020 at 11:13 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White several times kept the ball way too much on several possessions. really wants to be a shoot-first guard rather pass-first playmaker.

He may be conditioned, once he had the ball, by NOT getting the ball for ball hog Derozan, so he keeps it.
    Ha! You may be right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone really belive he has back spasms?
    Why not? It’s past the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte and Derrick looking like free men without Demar on the court. Imagine what they would look like without the old man and a much better coach that actually plays them together...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte and Derrick looking like free men without Demar on the court. Imagine what they would look like without the old man and a much better coach that actually plays them together...
    This is actually what I am wondering tbqh.
    Along with how inconsistencies can be explained not just by development, but deferring to Demar, deferring bc Pop wants Forbes and others to get their shots in, deferring bc mentally they are worn out, and lack confidence bc benchings, not playing in 4th Q, and other "inconsistencies" by the coach himself, along with coach calling players out for not helping Demar, not competing (Lonnie), etc. Things aren't happening in a vacuum obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not? It’s past the trade deadline.
    He's basically waiting his next contract. If the Spurs already know they won't sign him for what he wants and they prefer seeing what the others can do without him, conveniently sitting him with back spasms at this point is great, not that I am complaining. It's just su ious. No longer can Pop rest "stars" on road games either, so he had to get some injury.

I think many fans have wanted to see what Murray/White/Lonnie could do anyways when deferring a lot less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is actually what I am wondering tbqh.
    Along with how inconsistencies can be explained not just by development, but deferring to Demar, deferring bc Pop wants Forbes and others to get their shots in, deferring bc mentally they are worn out, and lack confidence bc benchings, not playing in 4th Q, and other "inconsistencies" by the coach himself, along with coach calling players out for not helping Demar, not competing (Lonnie), etc. Things aren't happening in a vacuum obviously.
    They've been put in a position to fail by the old man. I really hope for their development's sake that Pop is gone by the end of the season because it does seem that he's gone out of his way to make sure to both of the young guys over.

What he's done to them this year is criminal and disgusting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's basically waiting his next contract. If the Spurs already know they won't sign him for what he wants and they prefer seeing what the others can do without him, conveniently sitting him with back spasms at this point is great, not that I am complaining. It's just su ious. No longer can Pop rest "stars" on road games either, so he had to get some injury.

I think many fans have wanted to see what Murray/White/Lonnie could do anyways when deferring a lot less.
    So you think that Pop has completely changed his colors from the guy you described in your immediately preceding comment? Two games doesn't convince me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think that Pop has completely changed his colors from the guy you described in your immediately preceding comment? Two games doesn't convince me.
    I am sorry friend. I am lost in our communication. I am su ious that Demar really isn't injured. I can't make a baseless accusation without any proof, it's just the timing of his injury really is very su ious.

By that I mean, after a losing streak at a critical moment of the season when the Spurs are not completely without hope of making the playoffs yet (specially at the beginning of the RRT), and they instead go on a losing streak on the RRT with DeRozan playing. Then Pop comes out saying that Demar has handled it well and that he shows up every night and does what he does, but that he needs a little help out there.

For all we know Pop could have just sat Demar to find him that help. For all we know, Pop is looking to see who can step up in his absence in order to be that help. Certainly fits with Pop's own comment. But instead players have stepped up and what is getting revealed instead is that they don't need Demar all that much bc he doesn't change the outlook for the team. It's still a revelation that is useful, regardless of why the Old Man was motivated to sit Demar.

I am lost in our communication about what you think or thought I meant. I was not clear why I found it su ious either so you could have a different thing in mind and I don't know what you meant. I don't think it's a stealth tank fwiw. In fact, Spurs may start playing better if he made some adjustments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he wasn't extended because (hopefully) PATFO realize he's not the long-term solution and really shouldn't be in the equation moving forward. I like Demar, but he doesn't contribute to winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sorry friend. I am lost in our communication. I am su ious that Demar really isn't injured. I can't make a baseless accusation without any proof, it's just the timing of his injury really is very su ious.

By that I mean, after a losing streak at a critical moment of the season when the Spurs are not completely without hope of making the playoffs yet (specially at the beginning of the RRT), and they instead go on a losing streak on the RRT with DeRozan playing. Then Pop comes out saying that Demar has handled it well and that he shows up every night and does what he does, but that he needs a little help out there.

For all we know Pop could have just sat Demar to find him that help. For all we know, Pop is looking to see who can step up in his absence in order to be that help. Certainly fits with Pop's own comment. But instead players have stepped up and what is getting revealed instead is that they don't need Demar all that much bc he doesn't change the outlook for the team. It's still a revelation that is useful, regardless of why the Old Man was motivated to sit Demar.

I am lost in our communication about what you think or thought I meant. I was not clear why I found it su ious either so you could have a different thing in mind and I don't know what you meant. I don't think it's a stealth tank fwiw. In fact, Spurs may start playing better if he made some adjustments.
    It sounded like you believe the leopard has suddenly changed his spots. Based on 2 games, I do not. I don't believe the Old Asshole has suddenly decided to move away from Dumbmar to see how good the young guys are. As you, yourself, just noted Pop lauded Dumbmar's play and said it was HE who needed help. If Pop were in a mood to experiment, I don't think he would do anything as drastic as sitting Dumbmar with fake back spasms. I believe he is waaaay too conservative for that. Even though Bryn is his pet, I believe Pop would probably adjust his starting lineup by replacing the statistically worst player on the team - not the veteran with the great, albeit empty stats. But I basically don't see the Old Asshole doing anything that seems like a move any rational HC would have tried weeks ago. I think he is stubborn not slow. This late in the season, when the playoffs are virtually unattainable, I wouldn't expect Pop to suddenly shift gears. I expect him to ride the horses who he has been riding all the way to the finish line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he wasn't extended because (hopefully) PATFO realize he's not the long-term solution and really shouldn't be in the equation moving forward. I like Demar, but he doesn't contribute to winning.
    And Pop needed 2 years to realize it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR, Pop, LMA, Forbes, Murray, Gay, Carroll, Belinelli and Mills should all go. We need an entire new starting five.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Pop needed 2 years to realize it
    Pop once boasted that the Spurs didn't scout opponents in-season; they just concentrated on playing their game. In addition to preparing for an opponent, scouting enables a team to gather data on players around the league who might be trade/FA targets. The team's disinterest in trades and to a slightly lesser extent, FAs is probably further evidence of their lack of emphasis on scouting. The Dumbmar trade and Carroll signing would neatly fit that profile. Just another facet of the Spurs' arrogant insularity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sounded like you believe the leopard has suddenly changed his spots. Based on 2 games, I do not. I don't believe the Old Asshole has suddenly decided to move away from Dumbmar to see how good the young guys are. As you, yourself, just noted Pop lauded Dumbmar's play and said it was HE who needed help. If Pop were in a mood to experiment, I don't think he would do anything as drastic as sitting Dumbmar with fake back spasms. I believe he is waaaay too conservative for that. Even though Bryn is his pet, I believe Pop would probably adjust his starting lineup by replacing the statistically worst player on the team - not the veteran with the great, albeit empty stats. But I basically don't see the Old Asshole doing anything that seems like a move any rational HC would have tried weeks ago. I think he is stubborn not slow. This late in the season, when the playoffs are virtually unattainable, I wouldn't expect Pop to suddenly shift gears. I expect him to ride the horses who he has been riding all the way to the finish line.
    That is a good point you make, based on your perception as fan and you have watched more this season than I have.

Part of my thought is frankly what I hope. I'd hope that seeing the playoffs drifting out of reach, Pop is desperate enough to find that "help" and therefore he is now finally investing in the development of players that he had shoehorned into more limited roles bc LMA, Demar, Forbes, GAy and Mills were going to carry the offense. Perhaps Demar really is injured and this is just serendipity.

But Pop always gave expanded roles and opportunities to young players or newcomers in rest games in the past (or injury games) and that was how he developed many guys in support roles to the big 3. He was lauded in the past for the ability to be able to develop these role players. He may be trying to do the same thing here. That is a constant for him. The injury may be happenstance but it's su ious after that comment he made about finding help. And if he is going to be consistent to what he has done in the past and this is just developing the "help", after the All star break Demar will have his back rested and Pop is going to go back to what he has been doing all season with (he hopes) an improved and confident Murray, White and Walker. I hope he watches a lot of film and makes adjustments instead... hope.

There is something else to watch out for, and it's the fact that it's questionable mere support players is what the team needs at this point and the record reflects it and he should be aware of it. And developing youngsters is not without its own difficulty and challenge bc they need to be let loose at some point if you want not just the confidence but to see how far they can go. I would like to see if they can be consistent for example but that requires Demar sitting out more games, or coming back and deferring and he isn't going to do that in a contract year. And I suspect his presence changes the team anyway bc his game is not suited to play off the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR, Pop, LMA, Forbes, Murray, Gay, Carroll, Belinelli and Mills should all go. We need an entire new starting five.
    Pop first. But definitely keep Dijon for another season - too early to give up on him, especially coming back from a serious injury. He just needs to continue developing his shot and become the SG. And Mills is fine in his current role - don't want to give him any raises, but keep him.

Thread Information