Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Strange June we’re having. It’s been ing cold all month long. Chilly, cloudy and rainy days.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Strange June we’re having. It’s been ing cold all month long. Chilly, cloudy and rainy days.
    , our June is a lot hotter than our typical August. So was most of our May.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    , our June is a lot hotter than our typical August. So was most of our May.
    Running is very difficult.
    Put a lot more time into biking in the evening and swimming when I get a chance.
    It is really dangerous to try to exercise outside if you are not used to it and dont take the proper precautions.
    People walk their dogs on the bike trails and the damn things need water and its miles between water stations.
    I have used a whole bottle of water on one dog who had owners that just dont get it.
    I cant stand it when people do this to innocent animals.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Running is very difficult.
    Put a lot more time into biking in the evening and swimming when I get a chance.
    It is really dangerous to try to exercise outside if you are not used to it and dont take the proper precautions.
    People walk their dogs on the bike trails and the damn things need water and its miles between water stations.
    I have used a whole bottle of water on one dog who had owners that just dont get it.
    I cant stand it when people do this to innocent animals.
    Every ing day is 7-14 degrees above average this month and so was most of May. I have seen some ugly summers in San Antonio but this one is poised to be the worst. Started so early and the heat has been relentless other than a 3-4 day period in late May. At least bad summers in the past would wait for June to start sucking.

Yeah people are morons everywhere when it comes to water. First time I went to Yosemite I just did the hike up the two waterfalls on the Mist Trail (like 6 miles roundtrip, couple thousand feet elevation change) and I had tourons on the trail asking me for water out of my 1 liter bottle and then saying they were still going to Half Dome. In the middle of the day in July. It's like a 5000 foot ascent and 18 mile roundtrip on the trailhead and there were so many heads I saw doing that with a 2/3 empty 20 oz bottle of water or nothing at all. I told every one of them no and that they should just drink out the river if they're thirsty and if they get giardia oh well, it'll take a few days and you won't have heat stroke on the trail today.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    NYC? lucky

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Every ing day is 7-14 degrees above average this month and so was most of May. I have seen some ugly summers in San Antonio but this one is poised to be the worst. Started so early and the heat has been relentless other than a 3-4 day period in late May. At least bad summers in the past would wait for June to start sucking.

Yeah people are morons everywhere when it comes to water. First time I went to Yosemite I just did the hike up the two waterfalls on the Mist Trail (like 6 miles roundtrip, couple thousand feet elevation change) and I had tourons on the trail asking me for water out of my 1 liter bottle and then saying they were still going to Half Dome. In the middle of the day in July. It's like a 5000 foot ascent and 18 mile roundtrip on the trailhead and there were so many heads I saw doing that with a 2/3 empty 20 oz bottle of water or nothing at all. I told every one of them no and that they should just drink out the river if they're thirsty and if they get giardia oh well, it'll take a few days and you won't have heat stroke on the trail today.
    It totally sucks.

We were told the highs would be extremely high and the lows, strangely low, as the overall average goes up.
    Its coming to fruition. If we must live with these extreme weather shifts we have got to learn to be mobile with our farming and our infrastructure. Ports and stuff. This instability costs us a whole lot of money. We can always point to horrible drought years and cold. But now its happening more often. One thing we got sort of lucky on here is we did not get a whole lot of spring vegetative growth to create fuel for monster fires here. But if it gets to trees... i dont know. And the frickin wind is crazy as well. So many kayak fishing days lost or rerouted due to wind. The regular Youtube guys are not putting out near as many videos. And big fires with wind are absolutely mind blowing. They are like blast furnaces.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10763090[/URL]]It totally sucks.

We were told the highs would be extremely high and the lows, strangely low, as the overall average goes up.
    Its coming to fruition. If we must live with these extreme weather shifts we have got to learn to be mobile with our farming and our infrastructure. Ports and stuff. This instability costs us a whole lot of money. We can always point to horrible drought years and cold. But now its happening more often. One thing we got sort of lucky on here is we did not get a whole lot of spring vegetative growth to create fuel for monster fires here. But if it gets to trees... i dont know. And the frickin wind is crazy as well. So many kayak fishing days lost or rerouted due to wind. The regular Youtube guys are not putting out near as many videos. And big fires with wind are absolutely mind blowing. They are like blast furnaces.
    Yep. The wind. We live in an area wheee the wind has always been pretty constant. But vacillates between 5 and 10 mph for the most part. Then 20 or so once in a while. This year we’ve had several days where it stayed at 20 and above. It’s brutal. And idiots still shoot off fireworks and have bonfires. I hadn’t thought about our home insurance in a while. Bought it 9 years ago when we moved in. There’s been a few grass fires nearby and I called to check our coverage. Turns out, with the rising values and building costs, we were about 40% short of replacement value if there was a total loss. I’d sure advise anyone to make sure they have adequate insurance. Even if fire isn’t a concern.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Looks like this upcoming week will be cooler with a couple decent chances of rain.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Looks like this upcoming week will be cooler with a couple decent chances of rain.
    Tropical low in the GOM is literally the only chance this time of year for rain. But on very rare occasions like 2002 and 2007 you'll get one so strong it lingers and floods in the middle of a random ing July. But that's not most years. Usually the ridge over Texas is too strong and the only possible precip from June through mid September is isolated popcorn sea breeze showers which don't even happen that often.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Love it. Never grows old. Both Pacino & DeNiro frozen at prime for probably the final time. They'd be different after this.

Sizemore trudgin' across that street during the bank robbery scene is the goods.
    The drive-in sequence another topper.

I keep it on the DVR at-all-times.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Of course, the ing cold front became stationary about 60 miles north of town and it's already 95 before noon.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Love it. Never grows old. Both Pacino & DeNiro frozen at prime for probably the final time. They'd be different after this.

Sizemore trudgin' across that street during the bank robbery scene is the goods.
    The drive-in sequence another topper.

I keep it on the DVR at-all-times.
    It was pretty much prime for all those guys in these particular roles. I enjoyed the set up more than the big shoot out and finale. But enjoyable and re-watchable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    It was pretty much prime for all those guys in these particular roles. I enjoyed the set up more than the big shoot out and finale. But enjoyable and re-watchable.
    Exactly. The black dude (driver)...his story is profound, his wife plays it straight up and down at all times. The black guy's restaurant boss man's his role per written...absolutely stunning. The writers can write it, but you have to have (somebody's) like those 2 to execute it and here it is done to perfection. Here he is getting a loving Dutch uncle from the wife, gets out of the car and is put right back on his heels in a matter of minutes.

I won't do the finale. No way.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Exactly. The black dude (driver)...his story is profound, his wife plays it straight up and down at all times. The black guy's restaurant boss man's his role per written...absolutely stunning. The writers can write it, but you have to have (somebody's) like those 2 to execute it and here it is done to perfection. Here he is getting a loving Dutch uncle from the wife, gets out of the car and is put right back on his heels in a matter of minutes.

I won't do the finale. No way.
    Yeah totally. All the other guys were sold on their profession. The cook had a new and seemingly decent life starting over. But ultimately couldn't reconcile his crap pay with getting treated like . Versus a few hours spent on a big time payoff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Yeah totally. All the other guys were sold on their profession. The cook had a new and seemingly decent life starting over. But ultimately couldn't reconcile his crap pay with getting treated like . Versus a few hours spent on a big time payoff.
    Yep, and even if the prick boss would not have been a prick he/black dude still woud've went with the bank rob. He loved his wife, but had failed her and could not figure a way to honor her---to make it clean. Even at success how the is he going to explain to her that he violently assaulted his boss, lost his job (he'd made cook!) and has 5k cash?!? Her heart was going to be shattered; no-matter-what. He needed the juice just as Sizemore attests to the fact that he needed it as they make their choices there in the parking lot.

Love the anger that Kilmer expresses immediately upon recognition that the robbery will be challenged in the street. He's eager for the confrontation as he raises the rifle.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yep, and even if the prick boss would not have been a prick he/black dude still woud've went with the bank rob. He loved his wife, but had failed her and could not figure a way to honor her---to make it clean. Even at success how the is he going to explain to her that he violently assaulted his boss, lost his job (he'd made cook!) and has 5k cash?!? Her heart was going to be shattered; no-matter-what. He needed the juice just as Sizemore attests to the fact that he needed it as they make their choices there in the parking lot.

Love the anger that Kilmer expresses immediately upon recognition that the robbery will be challenged in the street. He's eager for the confrontation as he raises the rifle.
    Kilmer had a pretty good run. I didn't realize Top Secret was his first role. Then...skipping around...Real Genius, Top Gun, Willow, The Doors, Thunderheart, True Romance, Tombstone, Heat, The Island of Dr. Moreau, The Ghost in the Darkness, Red Planet, The Missing, and the Salton Sea. That's a couple handfuls of watchable movies with some being pretty great. That's a good stretch with a decent movie every one and a half years. That doesn't even include The Saint, Joe the King, At First Sight.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Yep, but for Sizemore it is a combination of his loyalty (he doesn't cry but the eyes sheen over) to see DeNiro thru the fire and of course the juice (the tell///the wry smile. And DeNiro (here) is going vehemently against all of his own rules! Why? Because he is human. Pacino knows EVERYTHING, gives him a straight opportunity to walk away with the old boodle and DeNiro can't take it because it angers him that he can't leave on his own volition, angers him that Pacino is wise and has DeNiro's life and CONTENTMENT in his hands. And Pacino is not throwing it in his face, no...he's giving him all the room he possibly can and DeNiro is blinded by the reality of his life and choices...and cannot let go.

That's why I cannot do the finale. I used to force on myself and then would mope the rest of the day. Never again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Kilmer had a pretty good run. I didn't realize Top Secret was his first role. Then...skipping around...Real Genius, Top Gun, Willow, The Doors, Thunderheart, True Romance, Tombstone, Heat, The Island of Dr. Moreau, The Ghost in the Darkness, Red Planet, The Missing, and the Salton Sea. That's a couple handfuls of watchable movies with some being pretty great. That's a good stretch with a decent movie every one and a half years. That doesn't even include The Saint, Joe the King, At First Sight.
    I get a kick out of -The Ghost and Darkness- Him and Douglas are ALWAYS 30 seconds late to the lion's slaughtering people. Then they stand around aiming their shotguns into the darkness. LOL.

---

Back to (Heat)---that part in the diner when DeNiro slam's Waingro's head into the table and Sizemore eyeballs the husky fellow two tables back who takes notice of the ruckus. What a great little aside there. Sizemore doesn't want to kick his ass, not in the least. He wants him to put his head back down and read his . The fellow considers it (longer than I would've) and obeys Sizemore's silent command. Love it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Sweet summer time rain

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Barely got any on the NE side but at least it looks like the aquifer's been getting a lot today.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Guessing about an inch in N. Austin and still raining.
    80 degrees outside is nice

Thread Information