Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2513
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the feeling the Lakers try to get him if he gets waived. Hope this POS doesn't play ever again though.
    Wouldn't be surprised, although I don't think the Lakers can offer him much more than the vet min at this point. But I would not at all be surprised to see Pat Bev take the vet min to stay in LA and try to ride LeBron's coattails so that he can continue pretending like he is a valuable NBA player.

That said, Lakers are already 16M+ over the tax threshold and don't have the MLE to use.

I'm no capologist, so anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong...but vet min on Pat Bev would be about $2.4M and the tax hit would probably double or triple that. They are already paying like $33M in luxury tax alone without any further signings.

Edit: This is assuming he is waived by the Grizzlies, as he is due $14M this season already...but they'd be better off trying to move that money than just paying the guy to be off their books.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edit: This is assuming he is waived by the Grizzlies, as he is due $14M this season already...but they'd be better off trying to move that money than just paying the guy to be off their books.
    imo Bev is enough of an attention that he would take a hefty buyout to join a contender, even if he loses substantial money doing so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In addition to saving money, Clips probably made this move out of sympathy for Tyronn Lue's daily life... can you imagine having to deal with Bev & Rondo every day in the locker room? Sounds like a nightmare. Plus Terance Mann is ready to start now, after an impressive playoff run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be harder for Beverly to permanently injure players in the playoffs if he stays with Memphis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're sending out 7.5 mil for Rondo and 14.32 mil for Pbev.

They're taking in 18.125mil this year for Bledsoe and are on the hook to pay him 3.9 mil next year after they waive him.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like Clippers just get a small savings of around 3.7 mil this year, but will have to pay that next year (or trade him as an expiring later this season).
    tax repeater 3,75$ for every $ over the lvl.
    25-30M savings

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be harder for Beverly to permanently injure players in the playoffs if he stays with Memphis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't be surprised, although I don't think the Lakers can offer him much more than the vet min at this point. But I would not at all be surprised to see Pat Bev take the vet min to stay in LA and try to ride LeBron's coattails so that he can continue pretending like he is a valuable NBA player.

That said, Lakers are already 16M+ over the tax threshold and don't have the MLE to use.

I'm no capologist, so anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong...but vet min on Pat Bev would be about $2.4M and the tax hit would probably double or triple that. They are already paying like $33M in luxury tax alone without any further signings.

The league often reimburses teams who finalize a deal with any veteran player to a one-year minimum salary contract. I believe the minimum is around $1,800,00

This means that if a team signs a veteran for even $2,564,753, the NBA will make up the difference. The team will only have to pay around $1,800,000. However, this is only valid for one-year contracts and not multi-year deals. If the season has already begun, the player will receive a "pro-rated portion" of the minimum salary they are eligible for. Players who already are a part of multi-year deals will be earning a different amount than the one already calculated. So it will still cost them a lot more than the actual salary, but won't be quite as bad. The NBA does this so that there is no advantage to signing a guy with 2 years experience over a veteran with 5 or 10 years of experience.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers will save much more this season, because they'll be deep in luxury tax territory again and as a repeater their bill will be huge. This deal saves them between $20 and 30 mil. Ballmer or not, this is serious money. On top of this it creates a sizeable trade exception that they may or may not use. As for Bledsoe, they could waive and stretch that 3.9 mil next year if he flops.
    tax repeater 3,75$ for every $ over the lvl.
    25-30M savings
    Ah thanks guys. So what the does Memphis get out this?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah thanks guys. So what the does Memphis get out this?
    I guess whatever positive trade value Beverly might have to a contender, either soon or at the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    56s
    Pelicans closing in on 3-year deal to keep Hart - via @espn App espn.com/nba/story/_/id…

Bleacher Report @BleacherReport
    8m
    Josh Hart is expected to sign a three-year, $38M deal to stay with the Pelicans, per @wojespn

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston extends Smart for $77.1 over 4 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston extends Smart for $77.1 over 4 years
    I haven’t watched the Celtics a ton but this has to be an overpay right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude is really good. Solid offensively and a really good defender. Has a big wingspan and very stout. Can guard 1-3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude is really good. Solid offensively and a really good defender. Has a big wingspan and very stout. Can guard 1-3.
    1/3 is also his shooting percentage on ~6 attempts a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think he gets too much hate. He plays hard and doesn't quit. He isn't the smartest player, contrary to his name. Not a max contract guy. I feel like they just couldn't afford to lose him with no role replacement in sight. Boston has really just made some odd moves since stock piling all those picks. Too greedy when they should have made a move and then desperate at times to make others. Thankfully they have Tatum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Ball over Smart at that contract. But it's close. Smart got a tiny bit less. Isn't Whites contract similar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf are we doing with our roster. To many players and no signs of 2 for 1 trades. I wonder if Spurs have pieces for Harrison Barnes or Wiggins. We desperately need some scoring punch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Significantly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awful trade for the Clippers. Bledsoe is trash. Bev, Rondo are bad too but not as terrible as Bledsoe.
    saves them about 20-25M in luxury tax tho. but aside from that you're right, bad trade.
    Last edited by offset formation; 08-16-2021 at 10:36 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like it's an overpay to me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These do not sound like the words of a man that is retiring soon.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There you all go we signed someone ya happy now?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There you all go we signed someone ya happy now?
    uh ...

yeah.

Thread Information