Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they called it "the contract of the century" that was just lost.
    Losing a $33B deal is a huge deal for anybody. France is right to be pissed. That's a loss of good jobs for years.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-17-2021 at 04:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its just botched diplomacy tbqh

Im sure they could have spoken softly to France for weeks instead of rushing

Another Biden internationql failure smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh noes, we pissed off the mighty France

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Suddenly France is to be taken seriously.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh noes, we pissed off the mighty France
    Suddenly France is to be taken seriously.

NATO and the EU we don't need them

muh Russia lefties agreeing with Trump now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this is why we haven't been able to have nice things. I think it was worth it post WWII because of the red menace but since their collapse we've just been pretty aimless about what the future should look like. It doesn't matter if you love/hate Trump, he changed the future.
    In Biden's defense, it was Obama/Biden that got NATO allies to pledge to spend 2%. Trump just made that pledge really famous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It would have been just as bad. It would have become public and turned into a month long spectacle. I don't see how it would have turned out better in any material sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would have been just as bad. It would have become public and turned into a month long spectacle. I don't see how it would have turned out better in any material sense.
    There is no possible way to transition to the new new world order without plenty of bumps along the way. It will be a rocky decade ahead for the world but America should be fine.

My only fear is that bumbling Biden reacts to media headlines/approval ratings and get us bogged down in something really ty. I like to hope he won't but then again he just droned an aide worker and his family because Tucker Carlson was calling him weak.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I got dp'ed
    Last edited by SnakeBoy; 09-17-2021 at 09:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    leading us back to the 19th century

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    over diesel powered subs?

sorry, France.

good move, Aussie.
    Australia asked for non nuclear originally. France could also provide them with nuclear if they wanted, it is more expensive. After getting screwed over the sale of warships to Russia by the US and now this, I hope that Europe understands that the US cannot be trusted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Australia asked for non nuclear originally. France could also provide them with nuclear if they wanted, it is more expensive. After getting screwed over the sale of warships to Russia by the US and now this, I hope that Europe understands that the US cannot be trusted.
    Aussie wanted nuke subs. France had a project for that but it was getting delayed and delayed. And I think Aussie settled for the other.

Regardless. This deal with US will cost Australia a whole lot more $ and Australia wont be seeing any of these subs for at least 10 years.

The only reason Aussie did this is because USA bullied them. They said either u are w us. Or u are against us.

Poor aussie cucks are now officially US for at least a couple decades. USA will fight china till the last dead Australian

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aussie wanted nuke subs. France had a project for that but it was getting delayed and delayed. And I think Aussie settled for the other.

Regardless. This deal with US will cost Australia a whole lot more $ and Australia wont be seeing any of these subs for at least 10 years.

The only reason Aussie did this is because USA bullied them. They said either u are w us. Or u are against us.

Poor aussie cucks are now officially US for at least a couple decades. USA will fight china till the last dead Australian
    Australia wanted the possibility to have nuclear submarines but after Fukushima it was not popular. The French submarines could have been upgraded from diesel to nuclear easily and that's what Australia liked at the time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Australia wanted the possibility to have nuclear submarines but after Fukushima it was not popular. The French submarines could have been upgraded from diesel to nuclear easily and that's what Australia liked at the time
    "Popular"?

Do u really think Aussie gov give a about what its ppl think?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Popular"?

it did since it went with the option of buying diesel subs upgradeable to nuclear later. Now, it seems that they don’t care anymore. Not a big deal, in the end Australians will get less jobs as I doubt that Americans will build nuclear subs there, not that I care.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Popular"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sounds like TMI

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    leading us back to the 19th century

eh... that would be the 20th century.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it did since it went with the option of buying diesel subs upgradeable to nuclear later. Now, it seems that they don’t care anymore. Not a big deal, in the end Australians will get less jobs as I doubt that Americans will build nuclear subs there, not that I care.
    We will have to see the details of the agreement but I think Australia probably is still going to require the submarines to be built in Australia but some of technical and design expertise will have to come from the US/UK.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    france has a presidential election in the spring.

macron france great again by standing up to those oafish americans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    france has a presidential election in the spring.

macron france great again by standing up to those oafish americans
    Sad thing is everyone slaps.Macron around like a pussy

Even that Dungeon Dragons playing incel who actually slapped him to oblivion

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will have to see the details of the agreement but I think Australia probably is still going to require the submarines to be built in Australia but some of technical and design expertise will have to come from the US/UK.
    I don't think that the US will allow manufacturing of nuclear reactors in Australia and it is not something you put after.

There is already backlash in Australia and New Zealand
    https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/18/a...cmd/index.html

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad thing is everyone slaps.Macron around like a pussy

Even that Dungeon Dragons playing incel who actually slapped him to oblivion
    besides the vaccine passport, he has been a pretty bad president. No reform on retirement, unemployment benefits, civil servant status, immigration...Another mandate lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aussie cucks.

Wont see a new sub until at least 2040s most likely will not be able to afford them by then anyway

All they did is submit to US and wi ooen a US nuclear Sub base down under

Aussi3 cucks

It is not clear at all that Australia will find the money to actually pay for nuclear submarines. These are 50-100% more expensive that conventional ones. Australia also wants to make sure that at least 60% of the price flows back to Australian manufacturing. But there are no companies in Australia who have experience with work on nuclear technology. It is also unlikely that the U.S. or UK would let Australia gain such capacity.

There is also little chance that any of the envisioned new boats will be ready before 2040. By then Taiwan will likely be under Beijing's control and the naval primacy of China in the South China Sea will only have grown. The so far declared time frame and purpose of those boats is thereby questionable.

Perth will thereby be build up into a base that is compatible with the likely permanent stationing of U.S. nuclear submarines. These carry nuclear weapons.

The 'leased' boats, or at least their propulsion parts, would of course be still manned by U.S. or British sailors. The Australians already have problems retaining crews for their existing submarines. The few that will be available for the 'leased' boats will not be enough to run them. The Australians would pay largely for the privilege of being guests on board of doubtlessly U.S. commanded submarines.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2021/0...deal.html#more

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aussie cucks.

Wont see a new sub until at least 2040s most likely will not be able to afford them by then anyway

All they did is submit to US and wi ooen a US nuclear Sub base down under

Aussi3 cucks

It is not clear at all that Australia will find the money to actually pay for nuclear submarines. These are 50-100% more expensive that conventional ones. Australia also wants to make sure that at least 60% of the price flows back to Australian manufacturing. But there are no companies in Australia who have experience with work on nuclear technology. It is also unlikely that the U.S. or UK would let Australia gain such capacity.

There is also little chance that any of the envisioned new boats will be ready before 2040. By then Taiwan will likely be under Beijing's control and the naval primacy of China in the South China Sea will only have grown. The so far declared time frame and purpose of those boats is thereby questionable.

Perth will thereby be build up into a base that is compatible with the likely permanent stationing of U.S. nuclear submarines. These carry nuclear weapons.

The 'leased' boats, or at least their propulsion parts, would of course be still manned by U.S. or British sailors. The Australians already have problems retaining crews for their existing submarines. The few that will be available for the 'leased' boats will not be enough to run them. The Australians would pay largely for the privilege of being guests on board of doubtlessly U.S. commanded submarines.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2021/0...deal.html#more
    Australians getting screwed, I'm loving it

Thread Information