My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your anecdotal experience is valid, but it does not trump published data
    Published data does not back up your claim that vaccination prevents infection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only did you get infected, you GOT the disease (And associated symptoms). You are falling pray to snakeman's snakeoil that everyone will get infected statement. And as I understand it you got the fairly bad symptoms, symptoms that some people never even experience. And your very bad symptoms thankfully did not aid in your death. So you escaped the worst outcome of getting infected by the virus and getting the associated symptoms AND it being bad enough to lead to your death. I hope you do not experience any long term problems that some appear to exhibit as a reminder.
    I got it early before vaccinations were available. Might have been a better result if I was vaxxed then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yeah, I think just about everyone is gonna get it eventually. Its never going away. Some will get it several times in their lifetime just like the flu.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its an aerosol. It just requires breathing to spread. You don't have to be hacking and coughing.
    But you can be talking very loudly and singing next to someone in church (very prevalent in these bad outbreaks)
    Thus we have asked people to wear masks, even if they know they do not have the disease and have been vaccinated. Because there are people who CANNOT receive the vaccine or who are very vulnerable to getting infected (people who have or are currently undergoing chemotherapy etc...) thus possibly on the track to getting the bad symptoms.

But its me, myself and I for the red team.
    The masks are horribly constricting and make me wanna die on all the airplanes I have been on. Its an affront to MY rights. public health. And of course I am younger and probably would have minor symptoms so I should just say fk the vaccine. Because the vaccine is FALSELY more likely to cause problems. Here we go.

Seems like ST does this endless loop stuff with this conversation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Published data does not back up your claim that vaccination prevents infection.
    i'm so, so sorry that the vaccines work better than you think

The findings come from four weeks of additional data collected in CDC’s HEROES-RECOVER study of health care workers, first responders, frontline workers, and other essential workers. These groups are more likely to be exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 because of their occupations. Preliminary results from this study were first announced in March 2021.

In the new analysis, 3,975 participants completed weekly SARS-CoV-2 testing for 17 consecutive weeks (from December 13, 2020 to April 10, 2021) in eight U.S. locations. Participants self-collected nasal swabs that were laboratory tested for SARS-CoV-2, which is the virus that causes COVID-19. If the tests came back positive, the specimens were further tested to determine the amount of detectable virus in the nose (i.e., viral load) and the number of days that participants tested positive (i.e., viral shedding). Participants were followed over time and the data were analyzed according to vaccination status. To evaluate vaccine benefits, the study investigators accounted for the circulation of SARS-CoV-2 viruses in the area and how consistently participants used personal protective equipment (PPE) at work and in the community. Once fully vaccinated, participants’ risk of infection was reduced by 91 percent. After partial vaccination, participants’ risk of infection was reduced by 81 percent. These estimates included symptomatic and asymptomatic infections.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...uce-risks.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people here are so mad that vaccines work but not with 100.0% efficiency
    I'm very glad that they keep most people from becoming seriously ill.

Your drunk driving analogy is still an epic fail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yeah, I think just about everyone is gonna get it eventually. Its never going away. Some will get it several times in their lifetime just like the flu.
    I have never had the flu symptoms. So I say, "I have never had the flu."
    It has been brought to my attention that I probably have and do get the flu virus. I can even get tested to prove this.
    So because I personally have never had the what seem to be pretty horrid flu symptoms, I should not get vaccinated.
    Well I DO get vaccinated every flu season because I MIGHT be a spreader, but I dont get the SYMPTOMS of the disease.

And now I can be called a white knight because I see public health as common sense, especially in large cities. Its kind of a UNITED States thing to do I was thinking.
    But apparently its not. Nor is wearing a mask on occasion because my rights are in danger. Slippery slope... first we are asked, sometimes told, we must wear a mask, next step, "they" take our guns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MY seatbelt analogy is still an epic fail.
    Agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For people who are unvaccinated or are more than six months out from their second mRNA dose (or more than 2 months after the J&J vaccine) and not yet boosted, CDC now recommends quarantine for 5 days followed by strict mask use for an additional 5 days. Alternatively, if a 5-day quarantine is not feasible, it is imperative that an exposed person wear a well-fitting mask at all times when around others for 10 days after exposure. Individuals who have received their booster shot do not need to quarantine following an exposure, but should wear a mask for 10 days after the exposure.

Hmmmm

Damn drunk unboosted people.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Joe said everyone has an immune system that responds appropriately to vaccines?
    Joe lied. Deal with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Your drunk driving analogy is still an epic fail.
    which premise doesn't work?

do you accept that driving drunk elevates risk of accidents?
    do you accept that being unvaccinated elevates the risk of contracting covid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    darrin just feels personally attacked by an analogy including alcohol tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what do you do to drunk drivers who are repeatedly caught driving and running into other people besides telling them to wear their seatbelt?
    Darrin...?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    darrin just feels personally attacked by an analogy including alcohol tbh
    Sometimes he seems perfectly sane, next, he is ruining my John Madden airplane traps for hater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmmm

Damn drunk unboosted people.

pgardn....?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NIH now says at home tests may not work on omicron.
    What I read is tests are less sensitive, but still work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a better one would be the unvaccinated are like drivers not wearing seatbelts.

As a vaccinated person, I'm not worried about what an unvaccinated person can do to me anymore than I am what a vaccinated person can do to me. The vaccine doesn't provide sterilizing immunity, so the vaccine is to protect the individual.
    People without seat belts can get thrown from the car which can potentially affect other drivers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You did not like the drunk driving analogy so you went to seatbelts.
    I gave you a situation using the drunk driving analogy AND seatbelts that both have the commonality of driving AND involving what happens if we wreck.
    So your analogy again please. Explain. Or laugh again. Probably want to use the later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people here are so mad that vaccines work but not with 100.0% efficiency
    It cost dear leader the presidency. There’s no vaccine to cure that butthurt, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe lied. Deal with it.
    So did Falsuchin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It now appears that vaccination does no more to prevent contracting covid than being unvaccinated. Try to keep up.
    Why do you guys lie like this about covid?

Are you ignorant or lying on purpose?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what do you do to drunk drivers who are repeatedly caught driving and running into other people besides telling them to wear their seatbelt?
    Darrin?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The vaccine does and still does work in increasing the probability you will NOT get the disease (this INCLUDES associated symptoms) we call Covid.
    Long ago I said vaccines don't prevent infection, they prevent or reduce disease and you took issue with it.

Yet here you are parroting me

Those goalposts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called this over q year ago

Cheers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The drunk drivers:

unvaccinated
    unboosted
    kids < 5
    people who can't get vaccinated

Thread Information