Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or the actual ing President being spied on. And his conversations likely recorded
    "We should stipulate that every intelligence service —not just ours, but every European intelligence service, every Asian intelligence service, wherever there's an intelligence service — here's one thing that they're going to be doing: They're going to be trying to understand the world better, and what's going on in world capitals around the world," he said. "If that weren't the case, then there'd be no use for an intelligence service."

Obama said the Europeans "are some of the closest allies that we have in the world." But he added, "I guarantee you that in European capitals, there are people who are interested in, if not what I had for breakfast, at least what my talking points might be should I end up meeting with their leaders. That's how intelligence services operate."

https://www.cleveland.com/world/index.ssf/2013/07/obama_suggests_everyone_spies.html

they probably wanted to know what Trump had for breakfast according to Obama

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    "We should stipulate that every intelligence service —not just ours, but every European intelligence service, every Asian intelligence service, wherever there's an intelligence service — here's one thing that they're going to be doing: They're going to be trying to understand the world better, and what's going on in world capitals around the world," he said. "If that weren't the case, then there'd be no use for an intelligence service."

Obama said the Europeans "are some of the closest allies that we have in the world." But he added, "I guarantee you that in European capitals, there are people who are interested in, if not what I had for breakfast, at least what my talking points might be should I end up meeting with their leaders. That's how intelligence services operate."

https://www.cleveland.com/world/index.ssf/2013/07/obama_suggests_everyone_spies.html

Obama didn’t say anything about using an unsecured cell phone as President

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [FONT="]"We should stipulate that every intelligence service —not just ours, but every European intelligence service, every Asian intelligence service, wherever there's an intelligence service — here's one thing that they're going to be doing: They're going to be trying to understand the world better, and what's going on in world capitals around the world," he said. "If that weren't the case, then there'd be no use for an intelligence service."

[/FONT]

bm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did he say anything about unsecure servers from your basement?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Several of Trumps staff had their own server - IN THE WHITE HOUSE -

but-but her emails!
    context matters... i'm no security expert but those servers in the WH are probably looked after by a server admin and not by hillary's terrorist assistant at her residence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did say he missed his personal Blackberry replaced with a govt secure phone

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Remind me what the concern about that was? Could he be foreign spying?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He did say he missed his personal Blackberry replaced with a govt secure phone
    Probably like most Presidents

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    from what I remember is was secured -- just not well-secured.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservative Writer Explains Why Trump's iPhone Security Breach

Is So Much Worse than Hillary Clinton's Email Server

Remember when all the Republicans cared about was proper cybersecurity protocols?

Congress and conservatives more broadly seem to have little interest in President Donald Trump's demonstrated inability to follow basic cybersecurity measures to protect his and the government's sensitive information.

Jennifer Rubin, an anti-Trump but conservative commentator, called out this hypocrisy Thursday in the wake of a New York Times report that Russian and Chinese spies have been listening in to the president's conversations on his private cell phone.

"Trump makes Hillary Clinton look pristine on secret-keeping," she said.

First,

unlike with the Clinton situation, we know the Chinese and Russian are hacking in — and using the information against the United States. Trump’s refusal to stop cons utes willful neglect of his duties as commander in chief.

Second,

we have no idea what he’s sharing with friends, and we shouldn’t rely on his utter lack of interest (!) in classified briefings to reassure us that no harm is being done.

Third,

Trump doesn’t have to be revealing secret sources of information to be putting national security at risk. Matters as mundane as the president’s location or his travel plans are classified. There is a universe of information that could harm the United States if obtained by our enemies.

She reported that the insecurity of Trump's calls could reveal classified information, his own exact location, and key insights into his state of mind.

The New York Times report is also remarkable, she said, because it shows that

Trump's own person aides are so terrified by his behavior that they've leaked it to the press.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...-so-much-worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from what I remember is was secured -- just not well-secured.

we will never know how secure it was as the hard drives and hardware somehow exploded into a million pieces

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

we will never know how secure it was as the hard drives and hardware somehow exploded into a million pieces
    I think you're conflating different news stories tbh.

Banned
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Why would she need a private server?
    It was a mistake; she said that! She took responsibility, too!

Thread Information