Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    This may have been asked already and if so, I apologize. I want to know how many of you actually have been diagnosed with the virus. There’s no underlying reason for this, I’m just genuinely curious. I personally don’t know anyone but I’m wondering if I’m in the minority at this point.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I haven’t heard about anyone who has it, or even any secondary stories like “friend of a friend has it.” Neither here nor Ukraine

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    This may have been asked already and if so, I apologize. I want to know how many of you actually have been diagnosed with the virus. There’s no underlying reason for this, I’m just genuinely curious. I personally don’t know anyone but I’m wondering if I’m in the minority at this point.
    No main accounts have claimed it for themselves or family if you don't count hypochondriac Darrin saying he figured he and his family had probably contracted it.
    Xevious claimed to have known of someone in his town dying from it even though she didn't even go to the hospital.

Whatever it is, it's clearly being exaggerated for political / capital gain. Chumpettes like to run around and cry that bad orange man killing them though.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Yeah, I know lots of “I’m pretty sure I had it in December” guys.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I haven’t heard about anyone who has it, or even any secondary stories like “friend of a friend has it.” Neither here nor Ukraine
    My coworker’s neighbor died of it. He was 39 and a runner. Supposedly no underlying issues. But you never know I guess.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    My coworker’s neighbor died of it. He was 39 and a runner. Supposedly no underlying issues. But you never know I guess.
    Sorry to hear, but I’d be skeptical of the “no underlying issues” part.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    about 0.4% of the US population has had confirmed cases, so this is a pretty weird way of looking at it, on a forum with 100 or less regular users at this point.

with that said, neither me nor my wife have gotten sick. we might have contracted it and been completely asymptomatic, but i'd have no way of knowing that.

my brother in law most likely had it, he had the basic cough/fever associated with a regular flu but was also experiencing some shortness in breath. his symptoms werent that serious, and for that reason he wasn't able to get tested at the time (they were reserving testing kits in LA for most serious cases). he recovered at home without issue. my sister and mom (who had been visiting) ended up self quarantining for a couple of weeks.

other than that i personally have 2 friends that did test positive, though they aren't a representative samples as both are doing their residencies (one in Detroit, who experienced mild symptoms, and one in new york, who got it much worse and was in pain for several days)

i dont personally know anybody who has died from it, though one of my coworkers mom's passed from it (but thats second hand, not somebody i actually know)

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    That sucks...sorry bruh.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    about 0.4% of the US population has had confirmed cases, so this is a pretty weird way of looking at it, on a forum with 100 or less regular users at this point.

with that said, neither me nor my wife have gotten sick. we might have contracted it and been completely asymptomatic, but i'd have no way of knowing that.

my brother in law most likely had it, he had the basic cough/fever associated with a regular flu but was also experiencing some shortness in breath. his symptoms werent that serious, and for that reason he wasn't able to get tested at the time (they were reserving testing kits in LA for most serious cases). he recovered at home without issue. my sister and mom (who had been visiting) ended up self quarantining for a couple of weeks.

other than that i personally have 2 friends that did test positive, though they aren't a representative samples as both are doing their residencies (one in Detroit, who experienced mild symptoms, and one in new york, who got it much worse and was in pain for several days)

i dont personally know anybody who has died from it, though one of my coworkers mom's passed from it (but thats second hand, not somebody i actually know)
    It’s only a weird question if you decide it is. I don’t have a lot of forums in which I can ask well over 100 people if they’ve had it or know anyone that has. So why not use this just so satisfy a curiosity?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It’s only a weird question if you decide it is. I don’t have a lot of forums in which I can ask well over 100 people if they’ve had it or know anyone that has. So why not use this just so satisfy a curiosity?
    you can ask it. i still gave an answer. based on the first 2 responses to the thread its kinda clear theres an implication that some of the numbers are made up, and im just saying for those drawing that inference, posing a question for this forum isnt going to be representative enough to make any extrapolations

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    you can ask it. i still gave an answer. based on the first 2 responses to the thread its kinda clear theres an implication that some of the numbers are made up, and im just saying for those drawing that inference, posing a question for this forum isnt going to be representative enough to make any extrapolations
    It’s just a question man. No different than “did you like Endgame”. I’m curious as to how many have known folks with it. Not everything is a debate.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It’s just a question man. No different than “did you like Endgame”. I’m curious as to how many have known folks with it. Not everything is a debate.
    like i said, its an inference that can easily be drawn by your question, and clearly has already been drawn. i get that it wasnt your intention. and i still answered it lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm one of that group.. I didn't get sick until New Years Eve though. Visited the cesspool known as Disney World mid December.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I may have had it. Was put in the hospital for 4 days in mid Feb after a plane ride to Fla and a couple of days visiting my mum in the hospital after complications from kidney stone removal.
    I am trying to get the antigen test but my doc days they are not reliable but maybe this week.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    that was me in january

i have a friend who died from it unfortunately. not even 40 years old.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No main accounts have claimed it for themselves or family if you don't count hypochondriac Darrin saying he figured he and his family had probably contracted it.
    Xevious claimed to have known of someone in his town dying from it even though she didn't even go to the hospital.
    The woman you're referring to, her husband was in the hospital with a confirmed covid diagnosis. She obviously was never tested since she died at home alone, so the cause of her death is just assumed since she was exposed... I have no idea of any medical examiner findings or anything like that. I didn't know the couple personally. I work in healthcare.

But just to add to the thread... I have no family, friends, or coworkers that have been diagnosed as far as I know.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    The woman you're referring to, her husband was in the hospital with a confirmed covid diagnosis. She obviously was never tested since she died at home alone, so the cause of her death is just assumed since she was exposed... I have no idea of any medical examiner findings or anything like that. I didn't know the couple personally. I work in healthcare.

But just to add to the thread... I have no family, friends, or coworkers that have been diagnosed as far as I know.
    Chumpette COVID counting system; the same one that the govt. ins utionalized to hype up this boogeyman.

TheGreatYacht

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Knew someone who swears he had it back in November, tbh

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Chumpette COVID counting system; the same one that the govt. ins utionalized to hype up this boogeyman.

TheGreatYacht
    Chumpettes believes whatever is spoonfed to him by CNN and government. His blind trust in MSM is a world record.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

TheGreatYacht
    She was not counted in any official capacity as far as I know. I told that story because it was anecdotally relevant to the discussion at the time.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My brother in law's brother and his wife and kid were hospitalized for Coronavirus like symptoms but were all fine and dischared a week later.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

TheGreatYacht
    So far, there are only a couple states in which she would've been counted.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I have a cousin and family that currently have it. My cousin's husband has been on a ventilator for about a week now

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have a cousin and family that currently have it. My cousin's husband has been on a ventilator for about a week now
    Damn that is horrible news. About the last thing you want to hear is put on ventilatior. Been week too boot.

I'm really sorry, man.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    So far, there are only a couple states in which she would've been counted.
    Xevious

Thread Information