Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to Timvp putting in the work on all these back to back gotta be tiring - Just a few more games left and it will all be over - keep up the good work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blazers weren’t worried about missing shots, they knew they would get the ball back.
    If Tim was playing, Pop would have benched him lol

Also, Jacob Portal was ass. he made Nurkic look like prime Hakeem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many thanks OP.

At least Luka was agressive for his six minutes.... He and Devin are my focus for the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to rest players en masse the next three games imo, and use the last two against the Suns to get ready for the play-in game (they'll be massacred regardless, but at least they won't be gassed). Mills prolly shouldn't play until that last game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't watch. Mother's Day and all. But if there was one game this season that I didn't want the Spurs to win, it was this one. My dream scenario is Spurs knock out the injured Lakers in a pop game plan masterpiece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to Timvp putting in the work on all these back to back gotta be tiring - Just a few more games left and it will all be over - keep up the good work
    Well said my man.

The 4th quarter ‘O’ for long stretches was just abysmal. One pass, one screen - Shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. The Bucks on Monday will be a tough one. I sure hope the Suns aren't still duking it out with the Jazz by the last two games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't watch. Mother's Day and all. But if there was one game this season that I didn't want the Spurs to win, it was this one. My dream scenario is Spurs knock out the injured Lakers in a pop game plan masterpiece.
    Yeah and Tim Duncan will come out of retirement tomorrow to play for this team again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under play in rules the spurs would have to beat the Lakers twice to eliminate them from the playoffs while the Lakers would only have to beat the spurs once to eliminate the Spurs from the playoffs. No way this crappy team can beat the Lakers twice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under play in rules the spurs would have to beat the Lakers twice to eliminate them from the playoffs while the Lakers would only have to beat the spurs once to eliminate the Spurs from the playoffs. No way this crappy team can beat the Lakers twice.
    Lebron and AD can both sit and this team will struggle to beat them. They couldn’t beat other undermanned teams all season. Spurs are so easy to game plan against, this isn’t the old days where the team has a second gear in the postseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers would play the 8th seed (most likely Dubs) while the Spurs would play the Grizz. If by some miracle the Spurs win and the Lakers lose to the Dubs, they would play each other once for the 8th seed. Even in that case, the Lakers could rest Lebron and Davis and win by 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. If Lakers lose to Dubs and Spurs beat Grizzlies, it's one and done Spurs vs Lakers. Give me that. Every team in the NBA would be highly motivated to take on Lakers in a one and done. Every player as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and Tim Duncan will come out of retirement tomorrow to play for this team again.
    Why is it hard to believe that that Lakers are extremely vulnerable right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Thanks for the grades one more time.

- Can't blame either Poeltl or Eubanks nor Dieng. If you have to help other teammates defend in every attack, you can't box out or get the rebound effectively. This team need to play another 4 that is big enough to help the job of rebounding, boxing out and help defense.

- Portland have three things that play into our weaknesses: 1) guards that can break the defense and 2) elite offensive rebounders 3) size at the wing positions. Once again, our genius coach, did not adjust once, which resulted in another loss.

- This team as long as we remain with the same talent, will keep losing because the coach does what he wants, instead of doing what is necessary to win.

- DJM should never be our PG. Keldon should no longer start as our 4. But still. Patty should become our next coach. But still...

- He have enough talent but coaching is a must for us to win. Youth needs proper direction and motivation. Our coach has not.

- Hope Coach Pop can win fast enough so that he doesn't kill Lukas's and Vassell's bond to this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for the grades. I just can't get how you could give Lonnie a B after watching his switching. He is so lost at one of the most important aspects of team defence, that it is massively outweighing any offensive production at this point. Doesn't mean it can't be fixed, but geez.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Non doom and gloom stuff

3 spurs honorable mention defensive team : Murray, White, Jakob

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...evaluated-2021

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Non doom and gloom stuff

3 spurs honorable mention defensive team : Murray, White, Jakob

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...evaluated-2021
    Spurs really need to invest in defensive schemes over the off season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. If Lakers lose to Dubs and Spurs beat Grizzlies, it's one and done Spurs vs Lakers. Give me that. Every team in the NBA would be highly motivated to take on Lakers in a one and done. Every player as well.
    Spurs can’t beat the Grizzlies. Remember when they played against each other?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can’t beat the Grizzlies. Remember when they played against each other?
    It's a one and done. Anything could happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Thanks for the grades one more time.

- Can't blame either Poeltl or Eubanks nor Dieng. If you have to help other teammates defend in every attack, you can't box out or get the rebound effectively. ...
    That is not true. Every player always has some team defense responsibilities, which never excuses him for failure to do his job. One could point to the Spurs’ poor defensive coaching in general, of course.

- Portland have three things that play into our weaknesses: 1) guards that can break the defense and 2) elite offensive rebounders ...
    That is not true. For the season Poeltl ranks 10th in offensive rebounds at 3.2. Nurkic ranks 33rd at 2.2. In this game Nurkic had 6, and Poeltl had 0.

Much more could be said...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades Timvp. It’s painful to watch our starting C getting manhandled in the paint every time. Poeltl just folds against aggressive big. And not even because of the defensive help, because mostly are on one-on-one. I just don’t see the fight in him, no strength to box and secure the rebound. Yup he got 2 blocks, again how many point blank shots he gave away? Pathetic. Mills doesn’t belong in the game at this rate. He needs to be a volume 3pt shooter, catch and shoot, not enough offense set for him. But then again Spurs don’t have post game to set him up. DJ just gambles too much for a steal, often times get burnt. No perimeter defense for this team. No defense on the 3’s, convoluted by us making not making the 3’s. Just an ugly game to watch.
    Last edited by John B; 05-09-2021 at 11:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to me with players being so tired and players not getting minutes that is all comes down to Pops greatest coaching weakness that being rotations. He has always had a blind spot on what to do with this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8/30 from three after going for 4/22 last game.

I know shots just don't fall sometimes, but damn we need some actual shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie was 4/6 for 3ptrs in the game. Pretty hot, obviously. Hot enough. But the Spurs never worked to get him a heat check after he hit one. Typical.

There was a point where Lonnie hit one just a minute or so before Mills came in. The Spurs immediately worked to get Mills a 3pt try, which he missed. Again, this was with Lonnie having just hit one.

Typical.

Thread Information